Kentucky 78 Louisville 63

AHSPanther23

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pshaw! We have our idiots too. Louisville definitely lost because of the disparity in raw talent, and the lack of size, IMO. Not Pitino's fault, and I don't want him fired.

:lol: :thumb: I knew that you wouldn't RM. I just found a couple of comments about Pitino funny. Rick Pitino hasn't forgotten how to coach basketball, I was just reminded of all the Fire Tubby crew on here.............and NO, I am no going back there. :lol:

Y'all just hate it 'cause I still love my Cards, even when they suck and can't be swayed over to the dark side. :D

I don't mind it at all RM. isn't that what a fan is supposed to do. :thumb:

I always love hearing the bantering between the UK/UL faithful in regards to football. Both stink and we all know both teams' success will always be short lived. Like arguing between what is better: mud or dirt.

:laugh::laugh: You nailed it, I stil like putting it to the Cards though. At least I can say...."yep, we are bad but just what does that make you?" :lol: Lets face it, the two could combine the football teams and probably still have a losing record. We both are pretty bad.

A lot of blue in the Yum Center today. Most surprisingly there was a lot of blue in prime seats in the lower levels. Bottom line when you bump longtime season ticket holders out for corporate packages, this will happen in a game like this. UK fans in those seats.

The thing I was most impressed with was UK's poise today. Answered every UL run, and didn't panic.

So, I watched the post-game interviews of both Pitino and Cal on the C-J site. I found a few things interesting:

1) Pitino, although everyone blames him for double-speak, clearly said that this won't be the last game we lose, and he credited UK many times for being the better team.

2) Cal stated that he thought that their best strategy was putting Liggins on Siva. Apparently, for all the crap people say about Siva, Cal thinks that Siva is the key to the Cards. Since I'm a fan of Siva, I was heartened that someone else actually thought he was good. :lol: He also said that as the Cards were 46% in shooting that he guessed they hadn't done as well as he'd hoped in stopping them. Obviously they (UK) did much better, but given the scored, I'd have thought the Cards were shooting worse as well.

3) In an article about the pre-game chat between Cal and Pitino, Cal mentioned that Pitino and his wife had sent a condolence card when Cal's mother died. I guess A) the rumors of the demise of the Pitino marriage aren't exactly on the mark, and B) Pitino isn't the devil reincarnated. :D

4) And last but not least, I was disappointed that Cal didn't wear his towel, now that I know what it is. :lol:

I do not think Rick will ever beat Cal again as long as he is at UK. This is the least talented UK team you will see for many years to come. Cal is a much better bench coach than he is given credit for and controlled the tempo of the game. I was amazed at the amount of UK fans in blue in the Yum center. UL has trouble manufactoring points in the half court against a team that plays good defense. Great game for Jorts keep it going.

I heard the same thing out of you when Kragthorpe was hired. Kentucky has won 4 in a row. Spin it all you want. Sounds like dominating to me. As for basketball, Pitino has had 10 years at UL to recruit and put his game in place. Are you going to tell me that the UL fan base is satisfied with his accomplishments?

Only time will tell my man. Thankfully you have sense in regards to high school choice.

3) In an article about the pre-game chat between Cal and Pitino, Cal mentioned that Pitino and his wife had sent a condolence card when Cal's mother died. I guess A) the rumors of the demise of the Pitino marriage aren't exactly on the mark

Means nothing.

I do not think Rick will ever beat Cal again as long as he is at UK. This is the least talented UK team you will see for many years to come.

This may be your worst post ever. Now, if Cal leaves after this year or next, you might be right. But if they are both around another 5-6 years, UK will not win all of those. Rivalries exist for a reason.