Highlands vs. Trinity State Championships

Mr. Reality

YES! I've imagined that line-up, but it is nice how the tradition at HHS and NCC continues to grow. GO NORTHERN CAMPBELL COUNY FOOTBALL!!! I do admire what Trinity achieves year in year out, but they have to admit numbers in football do matter. We have sweet 16 for basketball, all teams compete in baseball but Football in all states divide based on student population. THat understood, what is accomplished by the 150 boys at NCC and HHS 'trumpts' what Trinity accomplishes with 3 times the # of students per class.

Wow you are really enthusiastic in your support of Newport, Bellevue and Dayton football!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The KHSAA can't force any school, public or private, to split into two or thirty schools.

And Trinity & X won't split, not because of their numbers advantage on competitors, because realistically, 12-1500 students is not an unweildly number to work with.

You keep posting statements like the above, and we'll all think you believe that Trinity & X exist for the sole purpose of football dominance. Of course, there are other sports we don't dominate...but hey...who wants to look at the whole picture.

What sport does X play that they haven't won state in? Basketball? They are one of the winningest high schools in the nation.

As far as other sports, football takes the most players to make a good team and that is why teams like Trinity and Highlands win state often. It's not like basketball where you may only need 1 awesome player to have a really good team. I would compare it to Kentucky basketball last year where the recruiting class comes in and takes a team to the next level. Football just takes a lot of players to do well and thats why enrollment is such an indicator of winning.

I beg to differ that enrollment is not such a factor in winning and Highlands is the perfect example- they are the best in NKY and one of the top 2-3 in the state every year and are an average sized school- it takes so much more than numbers!!!!!!!

Wrong- far and away they are the best 2 programs KY has to offer and they do it the right way- if they continue to play OH's best they will be even better- Highlands even steps up and plays the "big boys" from OH which is saying something!!

Just trying to add a little perspective.

Until other schools start taking steps to improve, these 2 are almost never going to get beat.

The gap is getting wider in their respective classes, not closer!!!!!!

I totally agree. Unfortunately the two largest KY school districts, JCPS and Fayette County Schools, have decided to take their ball and go home when it comes to scheduling Trinity. It's really quite pathetic. Trinity will continue to schedule quality out of state teams each year, play their required district games and squash the rest of the 6A teams in the playoffs. It's a great system the KHSAA has created.

I agree who cares there not the highlands of Ohio or the trinity of Ohio they beat who they have to beat because thats what there goal is maby if they were in Ohio since everybody seems to think there football is so much better than Ky's they would up there game because they would be playing higher comp(so you think).

I agree who cares there not the highlands of Ohio or the trinity of Ohio they beat who they have to beat because thats what there goal is maby if they were in Ohio since everybody seems to think there football is so much better than Ky's they would up there game because they would be playing higher comp(so you think).

Both Trinity and Highlands have great programs , regardless of where and who they play !!

Until the Army Corps of Engineers reroute the Ohio River , Cincinnati will always be in Ohio , and T and H only have to play KY teams to win state ! (Nuff said ? )

I beg to differ that enrollment is not such a factor in winning and Highlands is the perfect example- they are the best in NKY and one of the top 2-3 in the state every year and are an average sized school- it takes so much more than numbers!!!!!!!

Qualify that statement. They are an averaged sized school, but they can take any student they want that is willing to pay tuition. That is not the case at many public schools.