Enes Kanter appeal

SportsGuy41017

I don't know, it's beyond honest I look at UK with an anti bias, I won't deny that. But everyone here juts seems 100% convinced of the Kanter's intentions here, when at this point it seems obvious they would want to say what's in their best interest, and not necessarily the truth. Of course now they will say that.

I also don't think Selby should have ever played either for the record.

I agree that there is no way we can know of their intentions, but it seems as if money was what they wanted he wouldn't have came over a year ago to play prep ball and try to get into college. For whatever reason, it seems they really want him to play college ball and not too concerned with money.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With your anti-bias I have to ask, Should Masoli been allowed to play in your opinion? Just curious. And I know money wasn't involved.

No, but the NCAA needs to change that rule. Masoli one on appeal because tons of case precedent in his favor and the cause of the NCAA's initial denial was no where in the rule. The appeals committee got the Masoli decision right but the rule needs to be changed to where the initial ruling is the one always given.

But I wasn't thrilled about Ole Miss taking him, you can search the threads on it here, I was not pleased about it.

No, but the NCAA needs to change that rule. Masoli one on appeal because tons of case precedent in his favor and the cause of the NCAA's initial denial was no where in the rule. The appeals committee got the Masoli decision right but the rule needs to be changed to where the initial ruling is the one always given.

But I wasn't thrilled about Ole Miss taking him, you can search the threads on it here, I was not pleased about it.

Fair enough. Oh, I remember your stance on Masoli. I was just making sure. I agree too.

If the appeals committee rules him eligible, can the NCAA go back and reverse that decision at any point?

I agree with most that the ruling on Selby offers some hope for Kanter. I don't know all the details, but from the little I do know, I don't see how one guy can be allowed to pay the money back and be eligible and the other cannot. If the intent to professionalize is the key, Kanter should be eligible. It is obvious the guy tried to keep his amateur status and wanted to play in college. Otherwise, he'd have taken more money and would have gone straight to the NBA when he came to America. At least, it seems that obvious to me.

Was Selby ruled ineligible by the NCAA only to be overturned on appeal or did they rule him eligible from the start?

I don't think Selby's case went an appeal. I believe the NCAA ruled him eligible. To me, that is questionable considering the Kanter ruling...but, that's just my opinion. There could be more to the stories that I'm not aware of. As I said, my thoughts are based on my limited knowledge of both cases.

If the appeals committee rules him eligible, can the NCAA go back and reverse that decision at any point?

I agree with most that the ruling on Selby offers some hope for Kanter. I don't know all the details, but from the little I do know, I don't see how one guy can be allowed to pay the money back and be eligible and the other cannot. If the intent to professionalize is the key, Kanter should be eligible. It is obvious the guy tried to keep his amateur status and wanted to play in college. Otherwise, he'd have taken more money and would have gone straight to the NBA when he came to America. At least, it seems that obvious to me.

The only way the NCAA could come back in and change the appeal ruling in my understanding is if new evidence was found against them.

I can't figure the NCAA out. How in the world is Renardo Sidney eligible? And how did Dee Bost get ruled eligible after they implemented the Randolph Morris rule? It just seems they do whatever they want and no one can stop them. Maybe we need a congressional hearing on the Enes appeal haha

I can't figure the NCAA out. How in the world is Renardo Sidney eligible? And how did Dee Bost get ruled eligible after they implemented the Randolph Morris rule? It just seems they do whatever they want and no one can stop them. Maybe we need a congressional hearing on the Enes appeal haha

Sidney's deal was so blatant, I can't believe they're allowing him to see time in an NCAA sanctioned event. Far worse than Selby IMO.