Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Enes Kanter appeal

Featured Replies

This is supposed to be the week of the appeal, I hear Enes and Sandy Bell had a teleconference with Mr and Mrs Kanter today to get ready for the appeal.

 

IMO after the Selby outcome it looks good for Enes! I hear UK is looking for immediate reinstatement.

  • Replies 337
  • Views 43.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*fingers crossed*

 

For sure.

*fingers crossed*

 

No doubt, we need this as the Bengals season is essentially over and opening day for the Reds is not for quite a while.

I feel good about this appeal. This would be a great early Christmas present. Fingers crossed as well.

I don't see the optimism. How is UK going to change the mind of the NCAA that Enes is still a amateur athlete, when it's fact he received more money than he was allowed, whether he wanted it or needed it is irrelevant...

I hope Enes gets to play and under the circumstances I think he should, but, I don't think the NCAA will see it that way...

I don't see the optimism. How is UK going to change the mind of the NCAA that Enes is still a amateur athlete, when it's fact he received more money than he was allowed, whether he wanted it or needed it is irrelevant...

I hope Enes gets to play and under the circumstances I think he should, but, I don't think the NCAA will see it that way...

 

I haven't had the time to keep up with the Kanter/Selby cases so forgive me if I'm behind or missing out on some of the facts.

 

With the Selby case, he received money and has to set out a number of games. What is different from the Kanter case ? Is it the amount ? If it is the amount or money, that makes very little sense to me.

Does the NCAA treat substance abuse any differently whether the drug be marijuana or heroine ? Do we treat kids failing out of classes any differently whether they be failing out of 2 classes or all of them ?

I'm trying to understand what the circumstances are that would allow Selby to play and force Kanter to sit. It seems to me that both broke rules.

 

I suppose to Selby ruling has given some fans some optimism. I really don't know enough of the facts to form an opinion one way or the other.

I haven't had the time to keep up with the Kanter/Selby cases so forgive me if I'm behind or missing out on some of the facts.

 

With the Selby case, he received money and has to set out a number of games. What is different from the Kanter case ? Is it the amount ? If it is the amount or money, that makes very little sense to me.

Does the NCAA treat substance abuse any differently whether the drug be marijuana or heroine ? Do we treat kids failing out of classes any differently whether they be failing out of 2 classes or all of them ?

I'm trying to understand what the circumstances are that would allow Selby to play and force Kanter to sit. It seems to me that both broke rules.

 

I suppose to Selby ruling has given some fans some optimism. I really don't know enough of the facts to form an opinion one way or the other.

 

My understanding is the biggest problem the NCAA has with Kanter is how the money was distributed, to the parents rather than directly to the tutor, hotels etc.

I haven't had the time to keep up with the Kanter/Selby cases so forgive me if I'm behind or missing out on some of the facts.

 

With the Selby case, he received money and has to set out a number of games. What is different from the Kanter case ? Is it the amount ? If it is the amount or money, that makes very little sense to me.

Does the NCAA treat substance abuse any differently whether the drug be marijuana or heroine ? Do we treat kids failing out of classes any differently whether they be failing out of 2 classes or all of them ?

I'm trying to understand what the circumstances are that would allow Selby to play and force Kanter to sit. It seems to me that both broke rules.

 

I suppose to Selby ruling has given some fans some optimism. I really don't know enough of the facts to form an opinion one way or the other.

I have no idea how the NCAA looks at matters like this, but could it be that the Selby case involves excess benefits but did not jeopardize his amateur status, where as Kanter received 30K more than the NCAA felt he deserved, IMO that seriously jeopardized his status as a amateur athlete. I also think that because this involves a foreign player the NCAA understands the floodgate that may be opened by this ruling and thus they are going to ensure the precedence is set for future rulings, IMO that precedence will lean in the direction of the iron fist that the NCAA is known for...

I have no idea how the NCAA looks at matters like this, but could it be that the Selby case involves excess benefits but did not jeopardize his amateur status, where as Kanter received 30K more than the NCAA felt he deserved, IMO that seriously jeopardized his status as a amateur athlete. I also think that because this involves a foreign player the NCAA understands the floodgate that may be opened by this ruling and thus they are going to ensure the precedence is set for future rulings, IMO that precedence will lean in the direction of the iron fist that the NCAA is known for...

 

Selby took 6k from an agent, from what I understand.

 

Much worse than taking money for education, IMO.

Selby took 6k from an agent, from what I understand.

 

Much worse than taking money for education, IMO.

 

I agree... I hope the NCAA does...

Selby took 6k from an agent, from what I understand.

 

Much worse than taking money for education, IMO.

 

He took it from a pro team, the education came after it was taken. Why didn't they negotiate tutors in to his contract if that's really what they wanted the money for?

I have no idea how the NCAA looks at matters like this, but could it be that the Selby case involves excess benefits but did not jeopardize his amateur status, where as Kanter received 30K more than the NCAA felt he deserved, IMO that seriously jeopardized his status as a amateur athlete. I also think that because this involves a foreign player the NCAA understands the floodgate that may be opened by this ruling and thus they are going to ensure the precedence is set for future rulings, IMO that precedence will lean in the direction of the iron fist that the NCAA is known for...

 

I do not think the NCAA is sure how they look at things.

He took it from a pro team, the education came after it was taken. Why didn't they negotiate tutors in to his contract if that's really what they wanted the money for?

 

That’s an irrational thought when you’re dealing with a foreign team that could care less about Kanter remaining an amateur and Kater's parents who lack understanding of the NCAA's requirements. And btw, who doesn't lack understanding of the NCAA.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.