Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Enes Kanter appeal

Featured Replies

  • Author
This gets the most obvious line of the year award...there are a ton of UK fans on here so of course we care more about this one that any of the others. Just because these fans have more invested in this ruling than any other doesn't mean that their posts aren't genuine or that they aren't true. There have been some very good points made about the NCAA in this thread PERIOD. Because it just happens to come from fans that have a horse in the race shouldn't blind you to the point that you come just short of defending the NCAA...

 

And yes, the NCAA does owe this to Enes and every other kid in a similar situation because without them they make no money. We all know that is the bottom line here and in most of the other cases

 

I agree with you 100%! Some people forget this is KENTUCKY! A KENTUCKY sports site! If this was a Florida sports site there would be at least 7 pages about the UF football team, same thing in Ohio about OSU football!

 

They DO OWE Enes! They own to tell him one way or the other, as well as ANY other student athlete and any other school, don't let them hang like this, it's not right! The kids at OSU DI know these rules they were breaking, the NCAA came down with a swift decision, if you agree with their punishment or not (I think they shouldn't be able to play in the bowl), you have to see that the kids were not left hanging for months not knowing whats going to happen.

 

EVERYONE pays their dues for this site, and EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion! MOST times the general public makes a lot more sense than others!

 

If you read into the latest information coming from the NCAA, they said that Kentucky and the NCAA are working together on a solution. The word solution sounds like the NCAA is trying to dig themselves out of a mess they created, which leads one to believe he will be eligible, when? Who knows.

  • Replies 337
  • Views 43.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Speaking of UK players, I am almost certain if any other school recruited(Washington) Kanter he would be playing right now. This thing only happens to Kentucky. Calipari better watch what he does in future recruiting.

 

Come on now...let's not play the victim here and say the big bad NCAA is out to get Kentucky.

 

Don't forget about guys like Renardo Sidney who had to sit out an entire year for accepting improper benefits.

 

This doesn't just happen to Kentucky and it's comments like the above that make people despise SOME of the UK fan base. They constantly think someone is out to get them. If you don't recruit guys with baggage, you don't get these situations...plain and simple.

 

And for the record, I've stated that I think Enes should be allowed to play. I just hate how some of you UK fans try to play the victim card and act like this is only happening because he's at UK and a Calipari recruit. Cal has had issues at other programs as well.

Come on now...let's not play the victim here and say the big bad NCAA is out to get Kentucky.

 

Don't forget about guys like Renardo Sidney who had to sit out an entire year for accepting improper benefits.

 

This doesn't just happen to Kentucky and it's comments like the above that make people despise SOME of the UK fan base. They constantly think someone is out to get them. If you don't recruit guys with baggage, you don't get these situations...plain and simple.

 

And for the record, I've stated that I think Enes should be allowed to play. I just hate how some of you UK fans try to play the victiuitm card and act like this is only happening because he's at UK and a Calipari recruit. Cal has had issues at other programs as well.

 

Im ususally not one of those kinds of fans. I'm just saying with that I don't want the program to be investigated every year because of some recruit that Calipari got.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #13

Guess what?...... 7 pages, 325 or so post and still no decision so here is todays no news post.

:ohbrother:

How much on this can be talked about ? Obviously alot withnothing to talk about. :lol:

:thumb: :thumb:
Don't forget about guys like Renardo Sidney who had to sit out an entire year for accepting improper benefits.

 

Great, thanks for bringing up ANOTHER player the NCAA allowed to play under much shadier circumstances than Enes'.

Great, thanks for bringing up ANOTHER player the NCAA allowed to play under much shadier circumstances than Enes'.

 

Yeah and Sidney is such a class act :lol:and they still allowed him to play .I think there is a lot more baggage with Sidney then with Enes . I think he will be deemed eligible just don't have a clue if he will be eligible this year or next . Either way I am looking forward to possibly seeing Enes in a UK unifirm . Fingers are crossed .

Im ususally not one of those kinds of fans. I'm just saying with that I don't want the program to be investigated every year because of some recruit that Calipari got.

 

Whose investigating the program? This has nothing to do with UK and everything to do with Kanter. Anyone that thinks the situation would be any different at another school is kidding theirselves.

But I don't get why he would have to sit out a year he still would be considers a pro is others eyes?:idunno:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.