Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Enes Kanter appeal

Featured Replies

Suing the NCAA puts UK in a tough spot because they are a paying member and agree to abide by the rules........Oh wait a minute the rules are written in some type of special ink that shifts words around every other day.............

 

KHSAA = NCAA

 

UK would not be suing the NCAA. The Kanters would. Big difference.

  • Replies 337
  • Views 43.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could be wrong but I've thought Newton was only ruled eligible so he could play in the MNC game so the TV ratings would be good. The NCAA isn't going to miss out on making all the money they can.

 

Well if they want to come out and say that then fine. You think they're willing to admit that's how they operate?

It seems to me that UK has a really strong case in light of the NCAA verdicts on Selby and Newton.

 

JMO

 

I still don't expect good news.

 

Will UK go through the originally planned appeals process after the NCAA rules Kanter ineligible again? It's my understanding that they withdrew the appeal and went back to the NCAA.

 

And, finally, I'm once again amazed at how pathetically slow the NCAA is. When I commented about the difference in time between the NCAA and the appeal, I was told that all the information was already gathered, so it made sense that the appeal would be quicker. That is true. However, if all UK is saying now is how can Enes be ineligible in light of your ruling(s) on Newton (and/or) Selby, how can it possibly take this long to return a verdict? The rest of the information is the same. All they're doing is calling them out for their hypocrisy. They could at least respond quickly with a "yeah, you're right, he can play" or "yeah, you're right, he's still ineligible".

UK would not be suing the NCAA. The Kanters would. Big difference.

 

 

I am well aware of that. However it puts UK in a tough spot. Are you supporting a one and done kid or are you standing on the sidelines trying to remain silent.

^ If he is out he is out forever not 1 season. He won't be at UK next year.

^ If he is out he is out forever not 1 season. He won't be at UK next year.

From a pure logical standpoint, you would think not. That would be stupid. Though the father went with the "guarantee" he would play if forced to sit out this season. That would make next season pretty exciting :D

^ If he is out he is out forever not 1 season. He won't be at UK next year.

 

Not sure how you can come to that conclusion....

  • Author
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/feed/2010-09/enes-kanter/story/kanter-will-stay-at-kentucky-if-asked-to-sit-out-a-year

 

Site says Enes Kanter's father thinks Enes would remain at UK for nest season if forced to sit out. With the incoming players. WOW!!!!!!

I have told people this all along, Enes is not about the $$$ from the pro's, he wants to play at UK! His family has money, he is happy with what he has, of course he could change his mind but the guy just loves to play basketball, and he loves it at UK!
Not sure how you can come to that conclusion....

 

If Enes is permanently ineligible, it'll be pretty tough for him to play at UK next season or in 2012. Permanently ineligible is permanently ineligible. Now if he's suspended for this season only, I think he'll stay at UK. I had hoped that all along. But if he's ruled permanently ineligible, there's really no reason for him to stay.

If Enes is permanently ineligible, it'll be pretty tough for him to play at UK next season or in 2012. Permanently ineligible is permanently ineligible. Now if he's suspended for this season only, I think he'll stay at UK. I had hoped that all along. But if he's ruled permanently ineligible, there's really no reason for him to stay.

 

I know what permanently ineligible means, I'm not stupid. What his dad said is that if he's ruled eligible but has to serve a 1 year suspension, he'll be back next year, and not go to the NBA. So again, I ask, how does one come to the conclusion that if he is suspended this year, there's no way he's back next year?

Personally I do not think the NCAA has it in for UK or Cal on this issue, but the Newton case shows how ridiculous the NCAA is on how they make their decisions as well as the timing. If Auburn wasn't aiming towards a national title game and just playing in one of the other bowls I say Newton's case would have taken more time. The NCAA needs to speed this up, let the kid know one way or the other! And not just him, but any kid, they don't deserve to be hanging like this at all!

 

:thumb: Good post. They do owe it to the kid.

Dr. Kanter's comments blew me away, as I've felt it a foregone conclusion that Enes would only make his services available in 2010-11. Will be interesting to see if the good doctor holds true to his word, if indeed the NCAA forces Enes to sit for a year.

Internet chatter saying there may be a ruling today on Kanter.

Internet chatter saying there may be a ruling today on Kanter.

 

Depends on who is reporting. Vaught says yes . Dawson says no.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.