Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Enes Kanter appeal

Featured Replies

  • Replies 337
  • Views 43.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "Beast" makes UK an immediate Final Four contender.

If they were the same sport, or same situations then I might be able to understand. The fact is, they are different sports, and different situations. So no, I see no reason for people to let it ruin their day like it seems quite a few on here do every day that a decision doesn't come.

 

Why does the sport have anything to do with it? They're both big money NCAA sports that are in season. The specifics of the cases are certainly different, but the facts are far clearer in the Enes case as both sides agree on them.

You'll be fine either way.

 

No one with realistic expectations expected this year's team to compete for a Final Four.

 

Why couldn't they compete for a Final Four? Are you telling me that this time last year anyone expected WVU or Butler to be in the final four?

 

 

 

If they were the same sport, or same situations then I might be able to understand. The fact is, they are different sports, and different situations. So no, I see no reason for people to let it ruin their day like it seems quite a few on here do every day that a decision doesn't come.

 

That fact that they play different sport is not relevant. Both are governed by the same ruling body.

The NCAA eligibility committee is under orders from Mark Emmert to write an "emergency legislation to prevent any other athlete from using the Cam Newton defense to obtain eligibility". I don't see the need for such "emergency legislation". The only remotely close situation to the Cam Newton case just happens to be over an athlete that committed and then de-committed from a school in which Mark Emmert was the president of at the time.

Thats interesting.

 

 

It will be very interesting to see how this all shakes out. I don't see how the NCAA could impose any new legislation retroactively to the Kanter case. But we shall see.

 

I smell one heck of a law suit.

it took the NCAA 45 minutes to rule on Newton and months to rule on Kanter?

 

I couldn't have explained it any better. This is exactly what I'd love to see the NCAA explain.

I couldn't have explained it any better. This is exactly what I'd love to see the NCAA explain.

 

Because Cam Newton and Auburn were going to be playing for a spot in the national championship in three days. UK will not be doing so for 3 months.

  • Author
I couldn't have explained it any better. This is exactly what I'd love to see the NCAA explain.
This has nothing to do with Newton! It was all about $$$$$ on the national title game they wanted.

Well didn't they rule in like two days an overturn the NCAA on the QB at Ole Miss. I think the NCAA ruled on a Tues. saying he was ineligable and the appeal was ruled upon like Thursday and the kid played that Sat.

I don't give a flip what the NCAA did with Cam Newton or how long it took. I don't believe that the NCAA is just trying to deny Kanter bc he is at UK, no conspiracy theory here.

I want Kanter eligible as much as anyone but they will rule when they rule and that is that. I have said before that imo Kanter will not be ruled eligible, I think he should but that and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee at McDonalds. A very wise man once told me when I would say "I wish" for this or that....."wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up first":D

I think that UK needs to be addressing the inside game problems and how to fix them and not just wait on Enes. Should he be allowed to play, that is great and if not the Cats will be fine. Especially next season with that class coming in.

No one player will make or brake the UK basketball program, UK basketball is much bigger than that.

  • Author

Personally I do not think the NCAA has it in for UK or Cal on this issue, but the Newton case shows how ridiculous the NCAA is on how they make their decisions as well as the timing. If Auburn wasn't aiming towards a national title game and just playing in one of the other bowls I say Newton's case would have taken more time. The NCAA needs to speed this up, let the kid know one way or the other! And not just him, but any kid, they don't deserve to be hanging like this at all!

Well lets keep in mind that Kentucky chose this route instead of sticking with the appeal process. While I agree this whole scenario has turned silly................this would have been over by now had they gone with what the appeals committee decided instead of asking for this to be reopened. Now not saying UK did not do the right thing or take the right strategy but again they do have a hand in this taking the time it has by the choices they made in how to attack the original ruling.

 

As far as the NCAA is concerned I can see where they are viewing Kentucky as being a pain and therefore dragging their feet. Or this comes down to when they were asked to re open this to review again that it was put back in line as if it were a new case instead of one they had already had dragging around for months. Any way you look at it.......it is not good for any of the parties involved.

You guys do realize that in the Newton case no money was found to have changed hands, when it's fact that the Kanter's took money, right?

 

Do I think he should be eligible, absolutely, as I feel they made an honest mistake, and tried to keep him eligible, however that's a HUGE difference between the cases IMO.

You guys do realize that in the Newton case no money was found to have changed hands, when it's fact that the Kanter's took money, right?

 

Do I think he should be eligible, absolutely, as I feel they made an honest mistake, and tried to keep him eligible, however that's a HUGE difference between the cases IMO.

 

I get what you're saying but how does the NCAA reconcile that with say the Selby decision? He took money, it wasn't a mistake and he gets 9 games I believe. I think the NCAA is trying to decide how seriously it wants foreign players in college basketball.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.