Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Enes Kanter appeal

Featured Replies

Not counting on it happening.

  • Replies 337
  • Views 43.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats where I stand as well...

 

Sadly, I agree as well. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm not expecting the appeal to turn out well, but I do think there's more hope than I initially did. I think he has a pretty good case and the fact the makeup of the appeals committee doesn't make me feel as hopeless as dealing with the NCAA. We'll see. I'm expecting the worst and hoping for the best.

I'm not expecting the appeal to turn out well, but I do think there's more hope than I initially did. I think he has a pretty good case and the fact the makeup of the appeals committee doesn't make me feel as hopeless as dealing with the NCAA. We'll see. I'm expecting the worst and hoping for the best.

 

Agreed, that's what I told my dad earlier, it really can't get any worse than it already is.

I don't know, it's beyond honest I look at UK with an anti bias, I won't deny that. But everyone here juts seems 100% convinced of the Kanter's intentions here, when at this point it seems obvious they would want to say what's in their best interest, and not necessarily the truth. Of course now they will say that.

 

I also don't think Selby should have ever played either for the record.

 

For the longest time, I questioned the Kanter's intentions, even though I'm an ardent UK fan. But Jay Bilas makes the most sense when he says that if Kanter wanted to be a pro, he could have easily been a pro--one making far more than $33,000 over 3 years.

 

In addition, if I understand the information correctly, there's $13,000 of the $33,000 in question that is sitting in a bank account that has only had one transaction (the initial deposit). The NCAA's issue is two-fold: 1) The amount of money received 2) How the money was received (paid to the Kanter's instead of the source of education).

 

From the beginning, I've objectively stated that Kanter probably shouldn't be able to play. I've wanted him to play, but admitted he probably should be declared ineligible.

 

But if the info we've been fed is accurate, I'm honestly leaning the other way now. Especially when you factor in Renardo Sidney being able play, and to a lesser extent Josh Selby.

I'm not expecting the appeal to turn out well, but I do think there's more hope than I initially did. I think he has a pretty good case and the fact the makeup of the appeals committee doesn't make me feel as hopeless as dealing with the NCAA. We'll see. I'm expecting the worst and hoping for the best.
My thoughts exactly.
For the longest time, I questioned the Kanter's intentions, even though I'm an ardent UK fan. But Jay Bilas makes the most sense when he says that if Kanter wanted to be a pro, he could have easily been a pro--one making far more than $33,000 over 3 years.

 

In addition, if I understand the information correctly, there's $13,000 of the $33,000 in question that is sitting in a bank account that has only had one transaction (the initial deposit). The NCAA's issue is two-fold: 1) The amount of money received 2) How the money was received (paid to the Kanter's instead of the source of education).

 

From the beginning, I've objectively stated that Kanter probably shouldn't be able to play. I've wanted him to play, but admitted he probably should be declared ineligible.

 

But if the info we've been fed is accurate, I'm honestly leaning the other way now. Especially when you factor in Renardo Sidney being able play, and to a lesser extent Josh Selby.

 

He could've made that working part time at McDonalds, I doubt anyone in the culinary field would have called him a professional cook/chef.......

He could've made that working part time at McDonalds, I doubt anyone in the culinary field would have called him a professional cook/chef.......

 

I honestly believe that the NCAA struggled w/ this because of the NY Times story & the negative publicity it generated.

  • Author
For the longest time, I questioned the Kanter's intentions, even though I'm an ardent UK fan. But Jay Bilas makes the most sense when he says that if Kanter wanted to be a pro, he could have easily been a pro--one making far more than $33,000 over 3 years.

If Enes would have gone back to Turkey this summer to play on the men's team, which he was asked to do, with their 2nd place FIBA WC finish to the USA, he would have made 1.5 million USD! Plus a new condo and a new car! Turkey was heavy favorites to reach the finals, only team in their way was Serbia! Enes and his family knew he would have a HUGE payday!

 

Hopefully with the appeals committee hearing from Enes, in his own words, they will hear the sincerity in his voice, he has always wanted to play in the NCAA and tried to do all the right things. But in Europe they do things a little different, But also the NCAA is claiming they are trying to open the doors to more European players.

I'm not expecting the appeal to turn out well, but I do think there's more hope than I initially did. I think he has a pretty good case and the fact the makeup of the appeals committee doesn't make me feel as hopeless as dealing with the NCAA. We'll see. I'm expecting the worst and hoping for the best.

 

Same here.

I'll be very surprised if UK wins the appeal.

 

I agree, I don't look for it at all but what a great thing it would be if we are wrong!

Cross fingers,toes and/or anything else that can be crossed.

 

FREE ENES!!

I'm not expecting the appeal to turn out well, but I do think there's more hope than I initially did. I think he has a pretty good case and the fact the makeup of the appeals committee doesn't make me feel as hopeless as dealing with the NCAA. We'll see. I'm expecting the worst and hoping for the best.
Good post 5wide and I am the same here.

 

My thoughts exactly.
:thumb:

 

Same here.
:thumb::thumb:

 

Count me in with this thought as well. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

I don't know, it's beyond honest I look at UK with an anti bias, I won't deny that. But everyone here juts seems 100% convinced of the Kanter's intentions here, when at this point it seems obvious they would want to say what's in their best interest, and not necessarily the truth. Of course now they will say that.

 

I also don't think Selby should have ever played either for the record.

With your anti-bias I have to ask, Should Masoli been allowed to play in your opinion? Just curious. And I know money wasn't involved.

If the Kanter's didn't care about Enes' retention of "amateur status" he would have played on the Turkish National Team and received the 1.5M that came with it. That says it all. Have the Kanter's wrtie a check to the Turkish National Team to reimburse the overpayment of expenses and DRIVE ON!!!! JMO.

 

By the way...How many American kids would turn down 1.5M to play summer ball???

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.