Enes Kanter appeal

SportsGuy41017

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not expecting the appeal to turn out well, but I do think there's more hope than I initially did. I think he has a pretty good case and the fact the makeup of the appeals committee doesn't make me feel as hopeless as dealing with the NCAA. We'll see. I'm expecting the worst and hoping for the best.

I'm not expecting the appeal to turn out well, but I do think there's more hope than I initially did. I think he has a pretty good case and the fact the makeup of the appeals committee doesn't make me feel as hopeless as dealing with the NCAA. We'll see. I'm expecting the worst and hoping for the best.

Agreed, that's what I told my dad earlier, it really can't get any worse than it already is.

I don't know, it's beyond honest I look at UK with an anti bias, I won't deny that. But everyone here juts seems 100% convinced of the Kanter's intentions here, when at this point it seems obvious they would want to say what's in their best interest, and not necessarily the truth. Of course now they will say that.

I also don't think Selby should have ever played either for the record.

For the longest time, I questioned the Kanter's intentions, even though I'm an ardent UK fan. But Jay Bilas makes the most sense when he says that if Kanter wanted to be a pro, he could have easily been a pro--one making far more than $33,000 over 3 years.

In addition, if I understand the information correctly, there's $13,000 of the $33,000 in question that is sitting in a bank account that has only had one transaction (the initial deposit). The NCAA's issue is two-fold: 1) The amount of money received 2) How the money was received (paid to the Kanter's instead of the source of education).

From the beginning, I've objectively stated that Kanter probably shouldn't be able to play. I've wanted him to play, but admitted he probably should be declared ineligible.

But if the info we've been fed is accurate, I'm honestly leaning the other way now. Especially when you factor in Renardo Sidney being able play, and to a lesser extent Josh Selby.

My thoughts exactly.

For the longest time, I questioned the Kanter's intentions, even though I'm an ardent UK fan. But Jay Bilas makes the most sense when he says that if Kanter wanted to be a pro, he could have easily been a pro--one making far more than $33,000 over 3 years.

In addition, if I understand the information correctly, there's $13,000 of the $33,000 in question that is sitting in a bank account that has only had one transaction (the initial deposit). The NCAA's issue is two-fold: 1) The amount of money received 2) How the money was received (paid to the Kanter's instead of the source of education).

From the beginning, I've objectively stated that Kanter probably shouldn't be able to play. I've wanted him to play, but admitted he probably should be declared ineligible.

But if the info we've been fed is accurate, I'm honestly leaning the other way now. Especially when you factor in Renardo Sidney being able play, and to a lesser extent Josh Selby.

He could've made that working part time at McDonalds, I doubt anyone in the culinary field would have called him a professional cook/chef.......

If Enes would have gone back to Turkey this summer to play on the men's team, which he was asked to do, with their 2nd place FIBA WC finish to the USA, he would have made 1.5 million USD! Plus a new condo and a new car! Turkey was heavy favorites to reach the finals, only team in their way was Serbia! Enes and his family knew he would have a HUGE payday!

Hopefully with the appeals committee hearing from Enes, in his own words, they will hear the sincerity in his voice, he has always wanted to play in the NCAA and tried to do all the right things. But in Europe they do things a little different, But also the NCAA is claiming they are trying to open the doors to more European players.

Same here.

Good post 5wide and I am the same here.

My thoughts exactly.
:thumb:

Same here.
:thumb::thumb:

Count me in with this thought as well. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

I don't know, it's beyond honest I look at UK with an anti bias, I won't deny that. But everyone here juts seems 100% convinced of the Kanter's intentions here, when at this point it seems obvious they would want to say what's in their best interest, and not necessarily the truth. Of course now they will say that.

I also don't think Selby should have ever played either for the record.

With your anti-bias I have to ask, Should Masoli been allowed to play in your opinion? Just curious. And I know money wasn't involved.

If the Kanter's didn't care about Enes' retention of "amateur status" he would have played on the Turkish National Team and received the 1.5M that came with it. That says it all. Have the Kanter's wrtie a check to the Turkish National Team to reimburse the overpayment of expenses and DRIVE ON!!!! JMO.

By the way...How many American kids would turn down 1.5M to play summer ball???