Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Enes Kanter appeal

Featured Replies

I can buy that. It seems like it is a whole other can of worms the NCAA would get into by allowing European players and the Kanter case will set the precedent for those that play in Europe and receive some kind of money for it. Definitely going to be interesting to see how this pans out. I hope he can play. I hate to see things that it seems he can't control be the end of a college career before it gets started. I just don't think he'll be allowed to.

 

Which raises an interesting question, I would think the appeals committee is going to consist of people that want their team to have a chance at recruiting these European players down the road, so if they can influence such a precedent I could see why it may be in their interest to do so....

  • Replies 337
  • Views 43.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you look above that picture it says the article was last updated 20 days ago....

 

:lol: Well atleast I'm not the only one who got fooled. KSR seemed to think the same thing. So did one of the local news stations.

:lol: Well atleast I'm not the only one who got fooled. KSR seemed to think the same thing. So did one of the local news stations.

 

Well I believe the appeal did actually take place today. But that's not what the article was about, it was in regards to the initial ruling by the NCAA. May get a ruling this week. If not then definitely by mon or tuesday.

Which raises an interesting question, I would think the appeals committee is going to consist of people that want their team to have a chance at recruiting these European players down the road, so if they can influence such a precedent I could see why it may be in their interest to do so....

 

I agree. Their decision interests me for the effects of the decision for European players. Would any play pro ball for free for a chance to play college ball or get paid and pray you get drafted? If Kanter is kept ineligible I'll expect to never see a European play college ball.

Dick Vitale, among many others, reporting that the Kanter appeal went down today & that UK expects a decision within 48 hours.

It would be simple if the European system was anything remotely like the US system. What if there were no AAU in the US, and instead the NBA teams had club teams? It really blurs the line between pro and amateur.

 

To me, this decision is whether the NCAA wants European players or not.

 

Spot-on analysis, my friend! :thumb:

Dick Vitale, among many others, reporting that the Kanter appeal went down today & that UK expects a decision within 48 hours.

 

Ch 27 news is reporting that the appeal was heard yesterday and we should have a ruling....maybe today....stay tuned.

I wish for the best for this young man and his family. I just hope the appeals committee uses common sense in their decision and realizes that Enis was a 16/17 year old teenager when he played on the club team. Sounds to me like the Turkish team manipulated him quite a bit so they could lock him down as a pro and keep him from leaving European basketball.

  • Author

If the NCAA and Kentucky have been requesting more information receipts from the Turkish club team and the Turkish basketball federation with no success, how could the NCAA rule against him?

 

The Turkish team and the Turkish federation wants him back! They are going about it the wrong way, why the heck would Enes want to go back to that club, or even play for Turkey any time in the near future? They are not even cooperating with anyone now! But they do things an odd way in Turkey, Heck look at what they did to WVU's Kilicli, they basically held him hostage and threatened to have his passport pulled if he didn't stay in Turkey this past summer and play for their 20 and under national team, then hey sit him and hardly play him the entire tourney, basically to punish him as well to show other players this is what happens when you go to the USA and play basketball! That is the mentality the NCAA and Kentucky, and of course their young players have to deal with!

 

This is going to be a huge decision for the NCAA and in Europe, A LOT of young players there look up to Enes, he is a good of a player that has come out of there in a long time, if Enes is cleared to play these other players will have hopes of coming over as well, if he is not cleared to play then these other players will see their hopes dashed and figure why even bother. The NCAA changed their rules in order to make it easy for Euro players to come over and play, it all depends if they are serious about making it easier.

Which raises an interesting question, I would think the appeals committee is going to consist of people that want their team to have a chance at recruiting these European players down the road, so if they can influence such a precedent I could see why it may be in their interest to do so....

 

Depends on what schools they're from. I'd guess schools with smaller recruiting budgets wouldn't want to open Europe for recruiting. I agree that bigger/higher budget programs would like to set a precedent that allows them to bring in European players.

Maggard confirms the appeal was yesterday and we will hear something by tomorrow. Can we have an early Christmas?

Maggard confirms the appeal was yesterday and we will hear something by tomorrow. Can we have an early Christmas?

 

 

If he continues to practice, even if the ruling is not made public immediately, that would have to be a very good sign for the Cats..........

^ I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.