6 Class Breakdown (Draft Only)

theguru

Then it sounds like someone doesnt know how to use their money correct. Isnt Highlands playing surface around 1 million dollars? I could be wrong on this but did they get the blue playing turf like Boise State has cause i thought they where talking about it when they put their new surface down.

$300,000, and it was donated by two people with a whole bunch of $$. My guess is you'd be shocked to see where they train...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$300,000, and it was donated by two people with a whole bunch of $$. My guess is you'd be shocked to see where they train...

Wow. :eek: My bad then, must be nice to have that kind of money to donate to a school. I would love to do that for JC. Its hard to believe JC would have better facilities then someone like Highlands. Thanks for clearing that up. But did they think about getting the Blue Turf like Boise State has cause i thought someone said they did?

Wow. :eek: My bad then, must be nice to have that kind of money to donate to a school. I would love to do that for JC. Its hard to believe JC would have better facilities then someone like Highlands. Thanks for clearing that up. But did they think about getting the Blue Turf like Boise State has cause i thought someone said they did?

No blue turf for them, the regular green it is.

I'd almost guarantee it. The field turf is our only bragging right, well that and 16. :D

No matter how you split it, there aren't enough teams, IMO. It just seems like the Regional Title will now be called the State Title.

If you're thinking that we have "state of the art" training facilities and equipment, I invite you to actually come and see our training facilities and equipment.

They may have improved some since the old days; but they're not exactly world class. :rolleyes:

Or just go use the restroom at the stadium which is spartan at best or get something from the concession stand which is smaller than most closets.

Or just go use the restroom at the stadium which is spartan at best or get something from the concession stand which is smaller than most closets.
ANd could we please improve the signage to the ladies room? Not that I need it personally... :D

...but, where I sit, we end up being tour guides for all the visiting fans.

"Where's the ladies room?"

"Can you tell me where the ladies room is?"

Of course, the sign that says "LADIES" and points to the band room doesn't help much! :lol:

The primary reason I was interested in this was because we could go to a 9 game regular season. Most teams would play game #10 as a first round playoff game. The reason a 9 game regular season appealed to me was that we could back up the season 1-2 weeks to avoid some of the heat.

The heat and concerns that go with it are not being mentioned much anymore if at all regarding six classes. But, originally, that is what made me think it might be worth looking at.

Yes... I like it.

I'd take 1 or 2 weeks away from basketball and add it to football to stay with a 10 game season, though.

From P-burg's perspective, the 6 "classes" make no difference. We're STILL in a 7 team district and forced to play 4 games against opponents that rarely give a competitive game... :rolleyes:

I like the 6 class breakdown as long as they only have either the district alone or the district champ and runner up making the playoffs. Cause if not then you will have almost nearly every team making the playoffs where they be good or bad. If you only allow the district champ and its runner up it still gives you 4 rounds of playoffs and normally you will have the cream of the crop of football teams.

I like the dividing up of classes to 6 BUT dont like the fact that four teams would make the playoffs. I think if Kentucky goes to this 6 Class system then only the district champions should make the playoffs and possible the runner up but not 4.

The things I like about 4 are it usually makes the last 1 or 2 regular season games very important for seeding, which increases fan interest. Also there have been several 4 seeds win over the years.

One other option which there are pros and cons would be have 3 teams make playoffs with 1 seeds getting a 1st round bye.

I like the 6 class breakdown as long as they only have either the district alone or the district champ and runner up making the playoffs. Cause if not then you will have almost nearly every team making the playoffs where they be good or bad. If you only allow the district champ and its runner up it still gives you 4 rounds of playoffs and normally you will have the cream of the crop of football teams.

But unfortunately, I think what everybody on here is forgetting is that with 4 teams making the playoffs means more money for the members.

Even in high school sports it will come down to money. :irked: