6 Class Breakdown (Draft Only)

theguru

I would think Highlands would choose to play up one class to join the other local teams.

I can't see them wanting to play in the district they're placed in here.

I can see that and then they could move Harrison into Highlands position to keep it a 4 team district.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how they can allow teams to play up and still keep decent districts.

Let's say Beechwood decides to leave Dayton, Bellevue, and Ludlow behind and move up with NCC, Lloyd, and Holy Cross.

Does Bath Co just get the boot out of that district? And who has to move in with Dayton, Bellevue, and Ludlow?

Or say Highlands moves up with CovCath, Dixie, Scott, Holmes. Does someone get the boot there? Does someone have to move into Highlands slot in 4A?

Too many "we'll move up if you move up" deals will be made.

Actually Whitesburg and Fleming-Neon combined to make Letcher Central. So

what would LC be? 3a or 4a?

Also, your going to have the New Harlan County School, which will take out Cawood, Cumberland and Evarts. This has Evarts in a 4 team district will Corbin, Middlesboro and Somerset, and that would make it a 3 team district. Also I think Hazard should be in district 7 in class a and Jenkins in district 8.

Now my question is under a playoffs situation, do we still send four teams from each district and then have 32 teams which is kinda weird since most districts outside the cities only have four teams or are we only going to send two for a 16 team playoff and how UNFAIR is that for a teams in the NKY, Lexington, and Louisville areas that would be good but almost never get to the playoffs.

I mean looking at the Louisville districts, under a 16 team playoff that would mean that most the time St.X and Male are going and in the other district Trinity and Ballard are going. Most years Manual, Butler, PRP, Seneca, Eastern, and a number of other good NKY and Lex teams would be left out in the cold.

I totally agree. Look at Boone Co. this season and last season. They were a three seed both years and they ended up in the semis last season. This season they are in the Regional Finals against Trinity. With just a two team playoff you wouldn't have a team like Boone Co. in there and that would make a serious change in the playoffs.

At the sametime, if you only have 4 teams in a district, then it kind of takes the glory away of making the playoffs when you take all 4 teams. So your kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place on this issue.

I'm sure that when we played for one state title in football and we went to the 4 class system there were people (the have's) that said "this will water down the competition...let's give everyone a trophy...etc." Now here we are saying the same thing about a 6 class system that does address most of the concerns dealing with the enrollment differences in a given class. If a teams wins a championship, I promise they'll treasure it forever! Only adults get caught up in the logistics.

I do look at Nelson Co's opposite district with X, M, H, PRP and Butler and wonder if we can get a trade to take place with the other Louisville district. Maybe send M or H or X to the other district. Heck while I'm at it, just put the Louisville districts in their one region.

They should stay with the 4 teams going to the playoffs. If they dont they will be taking one step forward and two steps back. People have been talking about how many blow outs there is in the first round. There was blow outs this week in the second round (Henry Clay and South Laurel) I can remember in 1997 when Bourbon Co. won the state championship from the Third spot and they played four seed Lex Cath. in the regional finals. The next year Bourbon was a four seed when they went to Corbin and beat them rather handly.

What these coaches are doing is trying to improve the overall status of football in the state of Kentucky. That would cut down on blowouts in the regular season, which would help the haves and the have nots.

Example: Bourbon has to play in a disrtict that has 8 teams in it. They have to play Lex Cath, Harrison, Franklin who are all real good and get beat by 70,80, and sometimes 90. Then they have East Jessamine, West Jessamine, Western Hills, who are pretty good and they get beat by 50 by these teams. Then they have to play Paris. So, that gives them 2 games that they can go out and get that they can be competive with, (now Bourbon chose not to do that the last time the contracts were up?) But in this system they would still have the opportunity. If they can win a game or at least be competive maybe they get more kids to get involued. This is why we are here as Educators/coaches is to help as many kids as we can.

These regular season blowouts hurt Lex Cath too because there 1st team only gets to play a few plays well maybe Lex Cath would not be a good example of this, Danville starters only get to play a half in these blows which hurts them in the playoffs.

These teams that make the playoffs and go far every year get to practice 4/5 weeks longer every year which helps there younger kids and the programs continue to get better. They also get rewared with x amount of playoff dollars, which helps them, while the have nots get to go to their games and watch them play and pay admission and buy there Cokes and hotdogs.

Guys, all these coaches are doing is trying to help improve football in the state and help as many kids as they can. :banana: :banana:

Increasing the number of classes is a horrible idea. It looks like the schools that would benefit most would be the small 1A schools. Current "tweeners" like Johnson Central, which bounce between classes every couple of seasons, would also benefit, but new tweeners would be created to take their places.

What makes this such a "horrible idea" other than there is a group that just do not like it. There has been alot of thought go into this by people that this is their profession. Have they got something against helping kids?

They say 6 classes is too many, maybe we should just have 1 class and let X and Trinity have them all.