Track The Reds (Playoff Edition)

gametime

Who wins?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

You obviously weren't letting anything go. You should've let it go days ago. Everyone has been telling you that.

Well for one, that if the Reds played their A lineup they would've won. You're also assuming that the A team, after their celebration, would've been better than the B team they ran out there.

You are assuming that going to SanFran would be better than playing the Phillies.

And, there has NEVER been a Reds playoff thread. It's supposed to be fun.

Actually two people were discussing it with me.

I never said they would win. I said they should have tried to win.

I am not assuming it would have been better. It's my opinion that it would have been better. I was saying they should have tried to win the two seed by not sitting every starter and their top sub the same game. The only assumptions anyone made was the Reds assuming they couldn't win the two seed. If Gomes would have caught one he should have the the other night they would have gone 4-1.

You took a cheap shot. I didn't know everyone had to agree to make things fun.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually two people were discussing it with me.

I never said they would win. I said they should have tried to win.

I am not assuming it would have been better. It's my opinion that it would have been better. I was saying they should have tried to win the two seed by not sitting every starter and their top sub the same game. The only assumptions anyone made was the Reds assuming they couldn't win the two seed. If Gomes would have caught one he should have the the other night they would have gone 4-1.

You took a cheap shot. I didn't know everyone had to agree to make things fun.

So arguing is fun. Enough said...

Back to my original comment. If you think any team wants to see Halladay, Oswalt, or Hamels more rather than less, there's nothing left to discuss.

So arguing is fun. Enough said...

Back to my original comment. If you think any team wants to see Halladay, Oswalt, or Hamels more rather than less, there's nothing left to discuss.

Discussion on discussion boards is fun.

As I've stated before it's my opinion you want them in a 7 game series b/c you either face a 4th pitcher or the big 3 on short rest which is better than the setup of the 5 game series with an extra off day. I see why people would believe it's better to only have to beat them three times though. I just don't agree that it's right. I hope everyone is right though. They seem to have had Oswalt's number this year which I hope carries over into the playoffs.

I think it comes down to guys like Bruce and Stubbs producing in the clutch. Will Stubbs be able to get that bunt down? Can Bruce stay hot?

Too much is being made of who the Phillies are throwing out there to pitch. It really doesn't matter. Last year the Cardinals had the #2 and #3 Cy Young guys out there and came back to STL down 0-2. The playoffs are impossible to predict. Like some of you have said, just let it be a fun time and enjoy the fact your one of 8 teams left.

Some interesting comments from Marty Brennaman during his time answering questions today during his live chat.

Q: What are the odds the Reds can take the Phillies in a short series? .

Marty Brennaman:

I don't deal in odds... That's a bad word in my business. I think Game One is ultimately important. In a short series, I really believe they have a better chance of beating the Phillies than a best of seven. But whether its 5 or 7 games, the first game is all important.

Q: Is it better for the Reds playing on the road in the Eastern Time Zone or Western in California?

Marty Brennaman:

Me personally, and I think I echo the sentiments of a lot of people in the organization, you'd much rather play in the Eastern Time Zone.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/

Some interesting comments from Marty Brennaman during his time answering questions today during his live chat.

Q: What are the odds the Reds can take the Phillies in a short series? .

Marty Brennaman:

I don't deal in odds... That's a bad word in my business. I think Game One is ultimately important. In a short series, I really believe they have a better chance of beating the Phillies than a best of seven. But whether its 5 or 7 games, the first game is all important.

Q: Is it better for the Reds playing on the road in the Eastern Time Zone or Western in California?

Marty Brennaman:

Me personally, and I think I echo the sentiments of a lot of people in the organization, you'd much rather play in the Eastern Time Zone.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/

I just don't get this west coast thing when the other option is playing the best team on paper in MLB. Also, the Reds had no control over who won the wild card which ultimately decided what coast they were playing on. I hope everyone who believes the 5 game series is better than a 7 game series to face the Phillies. Before this chat I never really thought game 1 was as important as what Marty was saying. I just figured the road teams really needed to get 1 of the 2.

I just don't get this west coast thing when the other option is playing the best team on paper in MLB. Also, the Reds had no control over who won the wild card which ultimately decided what coast they were playing on. I hope everyone who believes the 5 game series is better than a 7 game series to face the Phillies. Before this chat I never really thought game 1 was as important as what Marty was saying. I just figured the road teams really needed to get 1 of the 2.

Game 1 of anything sets the tone for the rest of the series. If the Reds find a way to pull out game one, people around the nation will pay ALOT more attention to this series than if the Phillies take game 1 IMO.

SSC, I really don't know what your not getting but its easier to beat a team 3 times than it is 4. The longer series favors the more talented team. In this case that would be Philly.

SSC, I really don't know what your not getting but its easier to beat a team 3 times than it is 4. The longer series favors the more talented team. In this case that would be Philly.

How hard is it to understand that I think game 4 in a 7 game series the Reds would be favored? It would give Wood a chance to face the 4th pitcher from the Phillies or force them to use pitchers on short rest. The extra day off in this particular 5 game series is a big advantage for Philly if the series goes 4 games.