Highlands vs Ryle: Take 2

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watching last week I think Towles needs to run the ball more when he gets outside the pocket. He had numerous opportunities to have big runs and he threw it down the field for an incompletion. He is an extremely underrated runner. Patrick has real good speed for being such a big quarterback. I hope Dale uses him more in that capacity. I believe it could help open up the offense a little more. JMO

Man haven't you learned by now..........Shhhhhhhh!!!!!:laugh:

Give Sheehan some time. The kid is very talented, fast and has great hands. Remember, last year this time he was playing JV. It takes a while to adjust to varsity ball. Yes he was thrown a lot of passes from Towles over the summer, but it's quite a bit different adjusting to those over the shoulder balls when you have a defender on your hip (as was the case with Manual 95% of the time. Same goes with Gall. I think both of them are going to do a great job this year. Just give them some time.

Sheehan and Gall certainly have the tools. If he and Towels can get the long ball down, he is going to be deadly this year. I was really impressed with Sheehan's speed. He could get seperation from Manual and I believe it was him that made the great catch before the half. I totally agree game time and practice are two different things. I also agree Manual did a nice job covering deep, Highlands realized it and started hitting them short. Some of those catches were very difficult to make, he looked like Edmonds trying to run down a fly ball. I hope he grows some, give him 3 or so inches and he could be one of the top receivers in the state by the end of his senior year.

Edited by John Anthony

Sheehan is going to be a tough WR to stop. The problem with him wasn't one of skill but of miscommunication friday night between he and Towles. Highlands will mix in big plays but they had alot of 3rd down plays last friday against Manual and as a result' date=' we will probably see more screens, counters, and keepers. If effective against the Ryle D, it will be a long night for DB's because Towles will open up the airspace for another aerial attack. The Highlands defense had alot of success pressuring the Manual QB. If they can pressure Hempel the same way, they'll be successful. I'm interested mostly in this game b/c it will reveal alot about how effective they'll be against JC this year. I think both Ryle and JC are similar opponents with both having athletic QB's and an awesome running attack.[/quote']

I touched on it in my post as well. Towels can throw for 300, 3 tds, every Friday night. However, Highlands has such a good D and very effective running game, they could throw 5 passes against Ryle and win. It just so happens there biggest weapon is there QB and they are going to flaunt it, who wouldn't? Once he gets in in sync with the wideouts Highlands will be darn near impossible to stop.

Edited by John Anthony

I touched on it in my post as well. Towels can throw for 300, 3 tds, every Friday night. However, Highlands has such a good D and very effective running game, they could throw 5 passes against Ryle and win. It just so happens there biggest weapon is there QB and they are going to flaunt it, who wouldn't? Once he gets in in sync with the wideouts Highlands will be darn near impossible to stop.

I would dare Highlands to throw only 5 passes...Highlands has to throw the ball to win because Towles is their best player on their team.

Wow, I'm thinking it may be best for Ryle to not even show up Friday night!!! It doesn't seem as though they have a chance!!! Towels can throw for 300 yards and 3 TD's every Friday or could just throw 5 passes against Ryle and still win.... That's pretty impressive!!!!

I don't know a lot about Highlands this year, however, I can't believe they are better than last years team, but, perhaps they are!!!

I guess Ryle should just be hoping not to get embarrassed this weekend in Ft. Thomas since it seems they have no chance!

Anyway, what is the ticket situation for Friday? Can you get presale tickets at Highlands? Ryle? Are they cheaper than purchasing at the gate? Any chance of a sellout? Any good tailgating places that would welcome some Ryle fans? At the end of the day, it's a high school football game...

Wow, I'm thinking it may be best for Ryle to not even show up Friday night!!! It doesn't seem as though they have a chance!!! Towels can throw for 300 yards and 3 TD's every Friday or could just throw 5 passes against Ryle and still win.... That's pretty impressive!!!!

I don't know a lot about Highlands this year, however, I can't believe they are better than last years team, but, perhaps they are!!!

I guess Ryle should just be hoping not to get embarrassed this weekend in Ft. Thomas since it seems they have no chance!

Anyway, what is the ticket situation for Friday? Can you get presale tickets at Highlands? Ryle? Are they cheaper than purchasing at the gate? Any chance of a sellout? Any good tailgating places that would welcome some Ryle fans? At the end of the day, it's a high school football game...

Oh no that is where you are wrong.:D The Ft. Thomas kids and community work at it 24/7/365 and they are special.:D

Maybe they can schedule Trinity next year or the year after or the year after......

I think the saying goes: Never underestimate your opponent.

Being the underdog isn't such a bad place to be. Nothing to lose!!!

Hopefully, Ryle plays well and Highlands is off a bit. We'll see how Hempel and Elliott can do against that Highlands defense.

The swim club on Highlands Ave.:lol:

Old joke from Highlands vs. Beechwood game.

Most parking in on the street . There is the First Baptist church that I believe some people park in. Also, about a block south of the school is a bank and the city building. I think there was parking behind the city building unless they have changed that.