Lebron James signs with the Miami Heat!

I wonder if we will see Pat Riley decide he wants to take over coaching again. I would not be surprised to see him decide to take over midseason even if their current coach is doing great like he should with them.

Doubt it.. Riley will still be coaching that team and running it, it'll just be from the front office.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen enough LeBron for one non-basketball period of time. That said, he made a good move for his desire to win a title. I like how it proved money wasn't the number one priority. BUT, and this one's big, I think he now may have sacrificed the ability to be called the greatest of all time. If they win the title, it will be because they were awesome, but they were bought through free agency.....the Bulls grew those teams. Therefore, MJ's legacy is safe for another generation, now, IMO.

People need to stop hating just because he didn't pick a certain team. He picked where he wanted to go and that was it. He doesn't have to explain his self to anyone. It was his decision. He wants to win a title and he feels Miami is the best place to do it in. He is leaving money on the table to go there. Nothing is guaranteed in the NBA and the Heat, as a team, has to work hard in order to prove critics wrong and win a championship.

I have actually grown some respect for Lebron during this process because he has been pretty professional overall, outside of the whole national tv announcement. The decision was a good one and is in no way a cop out or him taking the easy way out.

I feel bad for the folks of Cleveland and for folks disappointed that all the LeBron haters ended up being right. It's always a bitter pill to swallow when the haters end up right. Kind of like watching Kobe in game 7 realizing that he will never be better than MJ. I feel you, son.

I am not mad at LEBron. I am just glad he didn't pick the Bulls. I look forward to seeing just how good the Heat will be and how many games it will take the Lakers to take out 'The Superfriends'. The Lakers have gotten good at beating teams with 3 all stars on it.

I feel bad for the folks of Cleveland and for folks disappointed that all the LeBron haters ended up being right. It's always a bitter pill to swallow when the haters end up right. Kind of like watching Kobe in game 7 realizing that he will never be better than MJ. I feel you, son.

I am not mad at LEBron. I am just glad he didn't pick the Bulls. I look forward to seeing just how good the Heat will be and how many games it will take the Lakers to take out 'The Superfriends'. The Lakers have gotten good at beating teams with 3 all stars on it.

Really? The "Big 3" beat them in 6 games 2 years ago and it took the Lakers 7 games to beat them this year. I wouldn't really call that getting good.

So basically because he wants to win he doesn't have a competitive side? Where does it say that in order to be a competitor you're not allowed to have other great teammates?

Ah, we'll just agree to disagree. I want to defend LeBron in this I just can't. I never thought I would say that, but I think you have to respect that. If there was any way in the world I could feel differently I would, but I just cannot. Cool? I just don't think you'd ever see Kobe leaving to join someone, or any other great leaving to play with someone in the prime of their careers.

Really? The "Big 3" beat them in 6 games 2 years ago and it took the Lakers 7 games to beat them this year. I wouldn't really call that getting good.

Good enough for me. Who'd they beat this year? Oh yeah, the Big 3.....oh wait, they began calling it the Big 4 this year. That's right.:lol:

Bring on the Superfriends and their 2nd round draft picks for a bench.:lol:

Just playing around. If it plays like we expect, it should be an intense 7 game series between the Lakers and Heat. I look forward to seeing how good the Heat will be. Especially since they will assume the role of the villains. Kobe Bryant....the good guy......hmmm. Who'd have thunk it.?