Lebron James signs with the Miami Heat!

I think it's incredible. It's exactly how the whole city of Cleveland is feeling and it's nice to see an owner with enough fortitude to say it out loud.

You know maybe more teams, organizations, and people in general should be like that. We always go the politically correct route, but if that is how Gilbert feels maybe he should say it.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I don't like that from Gilbert. I can agree with where he is coming from because I have said much of it tonight. I do think an organization has to be classier than that though.

I think it tells you how Lebron treated him maybe behind the scenes.

Bill Simmons put on twitter that ESPN approached Maverick Carter about this special during All Star weekend.

Well me and my friend used their quote about ESPN all day. I thought she was going to kill me when I called her that, but I was just playing of course :D. She's cool.

I would imagine Gilbert was a little upset Lebron didn't call and let him know before the 1 hour special on MeBron.

MeBron.... Is that original? If so, I think it fits tonight. Some call it selfless, but I don't know how anyone could say that about a guy that had a one hour special dedicated to himself.

I sure would like to see the results of this motivation that couldn't properly motivate them to surround their star with enough talent. Yeah, the departure of arguably the best player in the game sure is going to boost your chances. What a joke.

From the Boozer fiasco on, that team rarely made the right moves. Yes, LBJ definitely has to shoulder the blame for some of it, but you look at a team like the Lakers or Boston, and you tell me you ever thought the supporting cast was comparable. He had to single handedly carry them to their Finals appearance, and their "help" was average talent or over the hill talent year after year. I'm sure they'll find the golden touch now.

Where were the Cavs before LBJ? Right where they'll be now.