Lebron James signs with the Miami Heat!

MeBron.... Is that original? If so, I think it fits tonight. Some call it selfless, but I don't know how anyone could say that about a guy that had a one hour special dedicated to himself.

The only thing I've agreed with the majority here on is that this special was a huge mistake and was very narcissistic. Unfortunately, that does fit James.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every player you named won with one other star...LeBron needs two lol.

This just might make me become more of a Magic fan to be honest with you. And I'm not kidding either. Besides, who in Miami could hold Dwight Howard's jock?

Howard's inability to make free throws on a consistent basis will always hurt him. There were games when he wasn't on the floor in crunch time because of this.

No to mention Gilbert is going to lose a killing from Lebron leaving.

CNBC's Sports Business guy says that the Cavs lost approximately a quarter of their value tonight. Gilbert's probably more p.o.'ed than anyone.

The only thing I've agreed with the majority here on is that this special was a huge mistake and was very narcissistic. Unfortunately, that does fit James.

As bad as I wish it didn't, it does fit him. I'll never be convinced that this move wasn't more about his brand than winning. He needs to win to take the next step as a player and global icon. Doesn't he have enough money? Doesn't staying, building a championship team, and actually accomplishing something feel better than going to a situation that is a few pieces away from dominating the league? At the end of the day I guess all anyone can ask for is to be happy. My question is if he is truly going to be as happy in Miami as he is in Cleveland. He is playing with friends, but he had friends in Cleveland. His city and state loved him and now it will be hard for him to come home. People will devalue his championships IMO, even if somehow he wins 7 or 8 with the Heat. He loses money, and lost a lot of fans all over the country tonight. Is it really worth it? For his sake I hope his answer is yes.

Gilbert is just concerned about the money he lost tonight and is taking it out on Lebron. He was all happy with him when he was doubling the value of that organization. This has nothing to do with Lebron leaving Cleveland and everything to do with his money going down the drain.

The very small amount of respect I had for LeBron the basketball player is completely gone after tonight. What a coward. Name me another "superstar" that every went to become a sidekick, because he couldn't cut it as the "hero". Like it or not, Miami is and always will be DWade's team. I honestly think when it's all said and done Wade's legacy will be the more impressive one.

LeBron will never be mentioned with the all time greats now, and I love that. Moronic decision after moronic decision by LeBron.

I'll ask one last time....How can ANYONE actually like this tool?

The very small amount of respect I had for LeBron the basketball player is completely gone after tonight. What a coward. Name me another "superstar" that every went to become a sidekick, because he couldn't cut it as the "hero". Like it or not, Miami is and always will be DWade's team. I honestly think when it's all said and done Wade's legacy will be the more impressive one.

LeBron will never be mentioned with the all time greats now, and I love that. Moronic decision after moronic decision by LeBron.

I like him for his skills on the court not his personality.

Holy moly. You all gotta read Dan Gilbert's open letter to Cavs fans tonight. It's glorious. http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.html

You have got to be kidding me. That is one of the most bizarre things I have ever read. He sounds like a complete idiot. Cleveland will be an absolute disaster from a professional sports perspective for a long long time.

Really? He's a tool because he has put aside his own personal stats and image to help win in Miami? All he wants is to help dominate the NBA with Dwade and Bosh, why is that wrong?

Guess who put the "hero", "greatest player", etc. label on him? Fans, and media. He is doing what he wants with his career and there is nothing wrong with that. And while this is a questionable decision for him to join the Heat it is in no way a moronic decision. A moronic decision would have been if he stayed with the Cavs or joined the Clippers, or Knicks.

He spent 7 years trying to help the Cavs win a title, and if they would have then he would have likely stayed there for another 6 or 7 years, but they didn't win.

Maybe he doesn't want that "me/hero" status that everyone is putting on him. Where is it that he has to be that player? Because he was the #1 pick? Isn't that why we down Iverson, because he couldn't share the ball or be a team player? Isn't that what Lebron is trying to do now. There comes a point in a players career that they have to decide whether being a start or winning is more important. Lebron has chose winning and I commend him for that.

Really? He's a tool because he has put aside his own personal stats and image to help win in Miami? All he wants is to help dominate the NBA with Dwade and Bosh, why is that wrong?

Guess who put the "hero", "greatest player", etc. label on him? Fans, and media. He is doing what he wants with his career and there is nothing wrong with that. And while this is a questionable decision for him to join the Heat it is in no way a moronic decision. A moronic decision would have been if he stayed with the Cavs or joined the Clippers, or Knicks.

He spent 7 years trying to help the Cavs win a title, and if they would have then he would have likely stayed there for another 6 or 7 years, but they didn't win.

Maybe he doesn't want that "me/hero" status that everyone is putting on him. Where is it that he has to be that player? Because he was the #1 pick? Isn't that why we down Iverson, because he couldn't share the ball or be a team player? Isn't that what Lebron is trying to do now. There comes a point in a players career that they have to decide whether being a start or winning is more important. Lebron has chose winning and I commend him for that.

He doesn't want the me/hero status but he has a one hour special dedicated to himself. Makes sense.

How happy is David Stern with all the attention this has brought to the NBA?? How good will the games be next year? Heat at Cavs? Heat-Magic, Heat-Celtics, Heat-Lakers?? I love it

Heat @ Cavs will be a hot ticket. I don't even want to guess how much those tix will cost.