Boyle County 2010

Ram

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In order to be successful again this season Boyle County will have to continue to be very aggressive on the defensive side on the ball. Defense is Boyle County's bread n' butter. Offense wins games and defense wins championships. Boyle County has alot of talent coming back. They have everything they need in order to be a championship contender this year. Expectations couldn't get any higher. Go Rebs! :thumb:

I hear the turf should be ready by the first home game this year which I think is the Mercer County game on September 17.:thumb:

DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME

8/20/10 Johnson Central Away 7:30

8/28/10 Franklin Co. @ Danville Away 7:30

9/4/10 CFalls Classic - Corbin Away 7:30

9/10/10 OPEN

9/17/10 Mercer Co. Home 7:30

9/24/10 Danville Home 7:30

10/1/10 Lafayette Away 7:30

10/8/10 Lexington Catholic Away 7:30

10/15/10 West Jessamine Away 7:30

10/22/10 East Jessamine Home 7:30

10/29/10 Christian County Home 7:30

11/5/10 Play-1st Rd

11/12/10 Play-2nd Rd

11/19/10 Reginonal Championship

11/26/10 Semi-Finals

12/3-4/10 State Championship

I'll be back with my thoughts on the upcoming season later on this week.

I hear the turf should be ready by the first home game this year which I think is the Mercer County game on September 17.:thumb:

DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME

8/20/10 Johnson Central Away 7:30

8/28/10 Franklin Co. @ Danville Away 7:30

9/4/10 CFalls Classic - Corbin Away 7:30

9/10/10 OPEN

9/17/10 Mercer Co. Home 7:30

9/24/10 Danville Home 7:30

10/1/10 Lafayette Away 7:30

10/8/10 Lexington Catholic Away 7:30

10/15/10 West Jessamine Away 7:30

10/22/10 East Jessamine Home 7:30

10/29/10 Christian County Home 7:30

11/5/10 Play-1st Rd

11/12/10 Play-2nd Rd

11/19/10 Reginonal Championship

11/26/10 Semi-Finals

12/3-4/10 State Championship

I'll be back with my thoughts on the upcoming season later on this week.

So Boyle is getting turf?

Yes. It was approved by the board a month or two ago and from what I have gathered construction will begin in the next couple of weeks and should be completed in 12 weeks.

I always liked the Bermuda grass field at Boyle County.

I thought it was one of the better natural surfaced fields in Kentucky.

Why go to the expense of the change?

I always liked the Bermuda grass field at Boyle County.

I thought it was one of the better natural surfaced fields in Kentucky.

Why go to the expense of the change?

The field is on top of an old farm pond. Boyle has had 1 problem after another with the field over the years and has spent much money on it, which has giving them fits. Most years at the start of each season the field has looked good. The problem is that it can't make it through a season. For Boyle County this is unacceptable and turf has been a project for many years. Even last season, Boyle had to move a playoff game to Centre College because of it coming apart. Last year there where people not happy about the thought of playing at Centre College or on our sorry field. A couple of years ago Boyle had to move the Danville game to their place along with the Mercer County, and Lafayette games. A lot of BCHS sports, depend on that gate money that became lost revenue. This is the best solution for us.

Funds have been found and money donated. I will tell you that who ever and what type of turf field Boyle goes with, that no corners will be cut and it will be one of the best playing surfaces in the state of Kentucky. I am looking forward to Sept. 17th.

Edited by Rebel

Going back even farther, I can remember back in 1979 after a loss that put us (9-1 and CKC Conference Champions) out of the playoffs. Coach Rall had somehow gotten a huge roller that the team had to pull or push all over the field to make it through the rest of the season.

Hatz, I'm sorry if thearpy is needed for me bringing this memory back up.

The field is on top of an old farm pond. Boyle has had 1 problem after another with the field over the years and has spent much money on it, which has giving them fits. Most years at the start of each season the field has looked good. The problem is that it can't make it through a season. For Boyle County this is unacceptable and turf has been a project for many years. Even last season, Boyle had to move a playoff game to Centre College because of it coming apart. Last year there where people not happy about the thought of playing at Centre College or on our sorry field. A couple of years ago Boyle had to move the Danville game to their place along with the Mercer County, and Lafayette games. A lot of BCHS sports, depend on that gate money that became lost revenue. This is the best solution for us.

Funds have been found and money donated. I will tell you that who ever and what type of turf field Boyle goes with, that no corners will be cut and it will be one of the best playing surfaces in the state of Kentucky. I am looking forward to Sept. 17th.

Thanks for the thorough response. :thumb:

The old field was Bermuda, wasn't it?

I know Boyle will have another very good team this year, but I am interested to see what kind of effect Mc Shara's graduating will have. I still expect Boyle to be there to contend for the 4A title, but I also know Mc Shara's ability to break big plays took a lot of pressure off the defense and a few of those long runs usually took the wind out of their opponents sails.

I know Boyle will have another very good team this year, but I am interested to see what kind of effect Mc Shara's graduating will have. I still expect Boyle to be there to contend for the 4A title, but I also know Mc Shara's ability to break big plays took a lot of pressure off the defense and a few of those long runs usually took the wind out of their opponents sails.

Instead of scoring quick, as MacShara was used to doing, they will have to use long time consuming drives. Boyle County is still going to be a run-first type of team with the types of running backs they are able to use. But like you were saying, I'm sure they will some type of impact with MacShara's graduation because he was such a reliability. Boyle County could put the ball in his hands in tough game situations and he would come out on top.

I can't wait to see the turf! :D

Instead of scoring quick, as MacShara was used to doing, they will have to use long time consuming drives. Boyle County is still going to be a run-first type of team with the types of running backs they are able to use. But like you were saying, I'm sure they will some type of impact with MacShara's graduation because he was such a reliability. Boyle County could put the ball in his hands in tough game situations and he would come out on top.

I can't wait to see the turf! :D

He didn't score quick against Bell Co. :sssh: Just kidding. He was the best football player I seen all year last year. Bell Co. did a heck of a job I thought keeping him from getting the big plays, but he just kept getting better as the game went on.