Boyle County 2010

Ram

What type of QB will you guys have? I thought that was a weak point to your O last season. But when you had MCShara that was enough. Just think that you guys will have to be more balanced this season. JMO

Devan Hale will take over at quarterback next year. He is a small kid but don't let the arm fool you. He has a nice release with an awesome touch. The kid can put the ball pretty much whenever you want it. I believe he will be fairly effective next year. The only thing he really lacks is experience.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Boyle County will face the tall task of winning without Rees. I get that. I understand that. I hope people and other teams think that because he is gone that we won't be any good or "as good" without him. They are probably right. We won't be "as good" without him. I'll just go ahead and concede that.

What we will be though is a hard hitting defense that I will label as underachievers if they aren't better than last year's defense. Realistically, this defense needs to replace Grant Aumiller and I think Ryan Wilson will take care of that easily. We return all 4 linebackers. All 4 including Mr. Lamar Dawson. Chris Cook, Bryan Ferrell and Zach Hester will be intimately involved with every play on the field. Especially if teams choose to run the ball. You have been warned. I don't see many if any team being able to run the ball against us whatsoever. I said the same thing last year and the only team that effectively ran the ball against us was Lone Oak....and they still lost.....because of our defense even though the defense gave up 39 points, they still brought home the state championship. That and an awful case of butterfingers at the wrong time but I digress. Fact is this, you better have an efficient high powered offense if you plan on scoring more than 10 points against the 2010 Boyle County Rebels. As I said, if our defense isn't better in 2010 than it was in 2009, then they are underachieving.

As for our offense.......I will say this......expect us to not be able to replace Rees. Expect us to not be able to run the ball the way Larry French is known for. Expect us to have average to below average qb play. I want you to, I dare you to. Believe that we won't be able to score. Just remember this, the qb's name is D-E-V-A-N H-A-L-E and one of the running backs names is D-E-V-I-N C-O-X. I don't want you guys to them confused as the season goes along. I expect Chris Cook and Lamar Dawson as well as Alec Camden to get carries in the backfield also but I would like to see Devin Cox emerge as the #1 running back as the season progresses. Jarrod Harrington will be the team's best receiver this year. Zach Hester also showed big play capability last year as well. I may have said too much. Oh well, like I said, believe that we won't have a good offense next year. Please believe it.

I expect the season to come to an end for Boyle or Bell County at Log Mountain the day after Thanksgiving. We have had two epic games the last 2 years with the home team winning. Hopefully we can change that this year and go back to BG to play Lone Oak in another classic title game. We are and we will be good enough to do that this year.

I believe. Do you?

Got Rebels?

Going back even farther, I can remember back in 1979 after a loss that put us (9-1 and CKC Conference Champions) out of the playoffs. Coach Rall had somehow gotten a huge roller that the team had to pull or push all over the field to make it through the rest of the season.

Hatz, I'm sorry if thearpy is needed for me bringing this memory back up.

What team beat Boyle Co. in 1979, I mean 9-1 is a very awesome record to miss the playoffs. I am just asking not to bring back bad memoris, I love the history of great football programs.

What team beat Boyle Co. in 1979, I mean 9-1 is a very awesome record to miss the playoffs. I am just asking not to bring back bad memoris, I love the history of great football programs.

In 1979 the Rebels defeated:

*Washington County (Jeff Smith's team that went to the AA Semi-finals)

*AAA District Winner Lincoln County (10-2 that season)

And some good (not great) teams in : Harrodsburg, Somerset & Danville

We lost, on a Rainy night with literally 4 inches of mud over the majority of the field, to Russell County. The Lakers had a much larger team that ran their power game well that night and beat us. (I think the Lakers finished something like 8-4 or 7-5 that season losing a close to game to Corbin in the Regionals)

Oh, well, back to therapy. :isurrender:

I know Boyle County will face the tall task of winning without Rees. I get that. I understand that. I hope people and other teams think that because he is gone that we won't be any good or "as good" without him. They are probably right. We won't be "as good" without him. I'll just go ahead and concede that.

What we will be though is a hard hitting defense that I will label as underachievers if they aren't better than last year's defense. Realistically, this defense needs to replace Grant Aumiller and I think Ryan Wilson will take care of that easily. We return all 4 linebackers. All 4 including Mr. Lamar Dawson. Chris Cook, Bryan Ferrell and Zach Hester will be intimately involved with every play on the field. Especially if teams choose to run the ball. You have been warned. I don't see many if any team being able to run the ball against us whatsoever. I said the same thing last year and the only team that effectively ran the ball against us was Lone Oak....and they still lost.....because of our defense even though the defense gave up 39 points, they still brought home the state championship. That and an awful case of butterfingers at the wrong time but I digress. Fact is this, you better have an efficient high powered offense if you plan on scoring more than 10 points against the 2010 Boyle County Rebels. As I said, if our defense isn't better in 2010 than it was in 2009, then they are underachieving.

As for our offense.......I will say this......expect us to not be able to replace Rees. Expect us to not be able to run the ball the way Larry French is known for. Expect us to have average to below average qb play. I want you to, I dare you to. Believe that we won't be able to score. Just remember this, the qb's name is D-E-V-A-N H-A-L-E and one of the running backs names is D-E-V-I-N C-O-X. I don't want you guys to them confused as the season goes along. I expect Chris Cook and Lamar Dawson as well as Alec Camden to get carries in the backfield also but I would like to see Devin Cox emerge as the #1 running back as the season progresses. Jarrod Harrington will be the team's best receiver this year. Zach Hester also showed big play capability last year as well. I may have said too much. Oh well, like I said, believe that we won't have a good offense next year. Please believe it.

I expect the season to come to an end for Boyle or Bell County at Log Mountain the day after Thanksgiving. We have had two epic games the last 2 years with the home team winning. Hopefully we can change that this year and go back to BG to play Lone Oak in another classic title game. We are and we will be good enough to do that this year.

I believe. Do you?

Got Rebels?

Wow!!!! Looks like both Boyle and Lone Oak will have a chip on their shoulder...For two different reasons though...You guys did have one heck of a D last year..I would love nothing more than to meet up with Boyle again in Bowling Green...Believe this though, Without Mcshera the game would have been a little different i think with LO comming out on top..That being nsaid you guys have great fans and a great program and i look for people to underestimate them this year without reese. I hope so to because Boyle/Lone Oak 2010 is all the kids here are thinking of..:thumb::popcorn:

Wow!!!! Looks like both Boyle and Lone Oak will have a chip on their shoulder...For two different reasons though...You guys did have one heck of a D last year..I would love nothing more than to meet up with Boyle again in Bowling Green...Believe this though, Without Mcshera the game would have been a little different i think with LO comming out on top..That being nsaid you guys have great fans and a great program and i look for people to underestimate them this year without reese. I hope so to because Boyle/Lone Oak 2010 is all the kids here are thinking of..:thumb::popcorn:

Bell could say the same thing we would have been playing LO in the finals IF it weren't for McShara oh well if and buts. Can't wait for the season to start good luck.

I said the same thing last year and the only team that effectively ran the ball against us was Lone Oak....and they still lost.....because of our defense even though the defense gave up 39 points, they still brought home the state championship.

The reason Lone Oak lost was because they could not punt the ball in the

4th qtr. The Boyle defense was exposed the entire day.

Boyle changed schemes in the 2nd half and stopped dropping into zone defense. That was a key part of the change in the game.

Hence Lone Oak only scored 7 points in that half and were held to about 109 yards after giving up nearly 300 yds in the first half. Not sure anyone else did that to the Flash all year.

The punts were huge but Boyle did manage to rack up almost 250 yards in the 2nd half while holding the Flash down to those 109. It was much more than a punt problem. :thumb:

Bell could say the same thing we would have been playing LO in the finals IF it weren't for McShara oh well if and buts. Can't wait for the season to start good luck.

Or if your rushing attack had gained more than about 79 yards vs. the Rebel Defense. :thumb:

The punts were huge but Boyle did manage to rack up almost 250 yards in the 2nd half while holding the Flash down to those 109. It was much more than a punt problem. :thumb:

I don't disagree that Boyle played much better in the second half. However, if Lone Oak gets off 2 reasonable punts (30-35 yds) they win the game.

I don't disagree that Boyle played much better in the second half. However, if Lone Oak gets off 2 reasonable punts (30-35 yds) they win the game.

I agree with that thought. I just don't see Boyle's defense as "exposed" in that game. Lone Oak executed well until the 2nd half. Part of it was that Boyle changed their strategy and adapted to what would they saw and executed better. :thumb:

I agree with that thought. I just don't see Boyle's defense as "exposed" in that game. Lone Oak executed well until the 2nd half. Part of it was that Boyle changed their strategy and adapted to what would they saw and executed better. :thumb:

I agree. I don't want to get started back on the Boyle County/Lone Oak title game 09'. So i'll try to end it here by saying that Boyle County beat Lone Oak in a fair game. Lone Oak did not let down. They tried to execute the plays but Boyle County just stepped it up. We don't have room for "if's" and "buts". Boyle County was named 4A state champions for a reason. The two best teams in 4A played each other in that game and that was why it was a classic.

The fact that they had to punt twice in the 4th quarter proves my point. How many times did they punt the whole game? They exposed our defense for 2 and a half quarters but they couldn't get the 10 yards they needed for a first down at 2 very important times, correct?

In OT, the defense held them to a field goal, correct?

The defense stepped up when needed was all I was saying. The fact that they had to punt proves my point.

Didnt mean to get the whole LO/Boyle argument started....Just giving my opinion ,,,thats all!!!! That game was great for our program...And this year thats what is driving off season workouts...Thats all im saying...LO will be bigger, faster, and more talented and they want nothing more than another chance at Boyle!!!!

Didnt mean to get the whole LO/Boyle argument started....Just giving my opinion ,,,thats all!!!! That game was great for our program...And this year thats what is driving off season workouts...Thats all im saying...LO will be bigger, faster, and more talented and they want nothing more than another chance at Boyle!!!!

Could you blame them? Both teams gave 100% with another falling short. Unfortunately, in your case, that team had to be Lone Oak. Nothing wrong with using that game as motivation to get better. :thumb: