Boyle County 2010

Ram

He didn't score quick against Bell Co. :sssh: Just kidding. He was the best football player I seen all year last year. Bell Co. did a heck of a job I thought keeping him from getting the big plays, but he just kept getting better as the game went on.

But he did take over the game in the tough situation! :sssh:

I'm kidding as well. He was definitely a great player. He will be missed by all Boyle County fans.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get to see the championship game, but I did go to the game against Bell Co., they kept him from the big play but he hit them for a lot of 7-10 yard runs in the second half. He's tough as they come, not that big and Bell Co. was bringin the wood. Also, impressive was how he didn't fumble in the second half with all those hard hits.:thumb:

Going back even farther, I can remember back in 1979 after a loss that put us (9-1 and CKC Conference Champions) out of the playoffs. Coach Rall had somehow gotten a huge roller that the team had to pull or push all over the field to make it through the rest of the season.

Hatz, I'm sorry if thearpy is needed for me bringing this memory back up.

Everytime I bury those crappy memories, YOU have to bring them back up!!! Back to my shrink AGAIN!!!

:lol:

I think Devin Cox will do just fine at runningback. He proved last year against Lone Oak that he has big play potential with running the kickoff back for a TD. He just didn't get a chance because McShara got all the touches last season.

I'll go on record right now and say that Boyle's offense will do just as good as last year against the games that really counted. (Lex Cath 2X, Bell, and Lone Oak in regulation) 24.25 Avg.

I think Devin Cox will do just fine as runningback. He proved last year against Lone Oak that he has big play potential with running the kickoff back for a TD. He just didn't get a chance because of McShara got all the touches last season.

I'll go on record right now and say that Boyle's offense will do just as good as last year against the games that really counted. (Lex Cath 2X, Bell, and Lone Oak in regulation) 24.25 Avg.

They might but I don't see them doing what they did last year because of McShara. JMO

They might but I don't see them doing what they did last year because of McShara. JMO

I think that's a common sense assessment.

I do think however that Boyle has enough talent to produce an efficient offense. Their greatest strength without a doubt will be their Defense. If the other team doesn't score, it's harder to win. If Boyle can come up with some D Linemen who can keep blockers off of Lawson, they should be as tough or tougher than last year's defense. JMO. :thumb:

I can. We might not score as quickly but I believe we will score as much. I can see us averaging around 30-35 points again. Like Rebel said, we need to get our points in the games that matter. I think we may get going slow offensively early in the season but this group has played together for a while and scoring was never an issue. Plus, I'll go on record and say that all we need at the most is 17 points to win anyways. Who needs points when your defense will hold opponents to 10 or less points?

I think that's a common sense assessment.

I do think however that Boyle has enough talent to produce an efficient offense. Their greatest strength without a doubt will be their Defense. If the other team doesn't score, it's harder to win. If Boyle can come up with some D Linemen who can keep blockers off of Lawson, they should be as tough or tougher than last year's defense. JMO. :thumb:

Paul Megilligan will tie up two O-Linemen and Ryan Wilson will be a beast on the D-Line as well. Don't forget we return not only Lamar at LB, but Cook, Ferrell and Hester are all starting LB's that return. :clap:

Paul Megilligan will tie up two O-Linemen and Ryan Wilson will be a beast on the D-Line as well. Don't forget we return not only Lamar at LB, but Cook, Ferrell and Hester are all starting LB's that return. :clap:

Oh, I haven't forgotten. :thumb: Replacing Aumiller is the key IMO.

The loss of Reese will be the biggest loss, I think Boyle will be good don't get me wrong but that kid made a ton of plays on his own, or at least made more out of them. I think in the end they will get beat out due to offense not being able to score against Lex. Cath and Bell county.

The loss of Reese will be the biggest loss, I think Boyle will be good don't get me wrong but that kid made a ton of plays on his own, or at least made more out of them. I think in the end they will get beat out due to offense not being able to score against Lex. Cath and Bell county.

If the offense can't score against Lex Cath, there will be no Bell.

Depends upon how much of the offense can open up to the pass. Last year the feeling I got was "why pass with the running attack we have."

2 Years ago there was more balance with Mason at QB and I look for that to be the hope for the offense next year. :thumb:

Depends upon how much of the offense can open up to the pass. Last year the feeling I got was "why pass with the running attack we have."

2 Years ago there was more balance with Mason at QB and I look for that to be the hope for the offense next year. :thumb:

I agree Hatz! Boyle will be more balanced this season. I feel really good that our offense will score more points than our defense will give up.

I agree Hatz! Boyle will be more balanced this season. I feel really good that our offense will score more points than our defense will give up.

What type of QB will you guys have? I thought that was a weak point to your O last season. But when you had MCShara that was enough. Just think that you guys will have to be more balanced this season. JMO