West Virginia 73 Kentucky 66

Guest Bluto

I worried all year about inconsistant shooting, free throws and not putting teams away. Told friends KY had to shoot the ball well this game. Perfect storm. WV couldn't shoot that good again I don't think. KY was atrocious! Why in the heck they didn't keep going inside is the million dollar question. It was a fould or points almost everytime! To think we played that awful and were still a basket away had we hit a 3 we chucked up the final minute is crazy. What's even more crazy and lost in the shuffle was the defense UK played inside the 1st half! ZERO pts in the paint first half and they still loose. Amazing!

Great season for UK. Great to have a team with athletes that play defense again! Hope this leaves a sour taste and might sway a couple back next year to finish business but doubt it. Still can't believe they kept chucking 3's! Outcoached tonight!

Still going to the finals. Hoping Huggy Bear makes it so we can pre party together:)

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were talking about jump shooters here, not how many ex Duke players are in the pros. How many of those guye are jump shooters beside Redick and where is he?

He's making 2.8 mil while averaging right under 10 points a game on a pretty good team. :sssh:

Nice try though...

If you are such a DUKE fan , why do you have our ENVY OUR PAST :ohbrother: on your Avatar?

Where did I say I was a Duke fan? I love Kentucky basketball, but it doesn't control my life. I'm disapointed they lost, but I'm over it. I'm ready for baseball season.

Guest Bluto
WVW made shots. UK didn't. It didn't appear UK was taking bad shots. Most of the 3's were uncontested. It was just WVU's day. It was a good season, and the fun is back. The hardest part at this point for UK fans is really that Duke and UT could very easily end up in the finals.

Welcome to BGP, Tenzing!! :thumb:

You didn't need to be a rocket scientist to know that this UK team could not shoot the 3 with consistency. A high school scout could have figured that out and I am sure Cal knew it too!!!!!

Yes, but if they go 6 for 32 (18%...WOW!!!) from the 3 point arc instead of 4 for 32, they win this game. Any team that shoots 32 3's should at least make 6 or 7 of them, accidently if for no other reason.

Yes, but if they go 6 for 32 (18%...WOW!!!) from the 3 point arc instead of 3 for 32, they win this game. Any team that shoots 32 3's should at least make 6 or 7 of them, accidently if for no other reason.

Maybe they used the same invisible lids on the basket that they used in Seattle in 1984.

Here's a couple of notes I wrote on my site earlier:

- My first observation (not a complaint, but an observation): this was a matchup of two #1 seeds; there was no excuse for WVU to be a #2 seed and they proved it

- Bob Huggins is now 8-1 against John Calipari in head-to-head games

- I don't care which team you are and how much talent you have, if you shoot 4-32 from long range, 23-67 overall, 16-29 FT and turn it over 16 times - you will lose

- Kentucky was 6-48 (12.5%) from long range in 2 games at the Carrier Dome

- Dodson, who has been UK's best 3-point shooter, was 2-9 tonight

- UK looked out of sorts for much of the second half and when momentum finally shifted, it was too late

- Another Achilles heel that reared its ugly head - the 3-position; Dodson, Liggins, Miller and Harris were a combined 4-22 FG, 3-18 3PT, 6-8 FT, 17 PTS

- I wanted to cheer for WVU in the Final Four, but they decided to prance around the court mocking the John Wall Dance after the game (see image by Yahoo! Sports); here's to hoping the Mountaineers get drilled in the next game; whatever happened to just winning with class and respecting your opponents?

- John Calipari: "I don't want to make excuses. They outplayed us. But I think there were times when our inexperience hurt us."

- Yes, this is a disappointing loss, but this was a tremendous season by a great group of young men

- Face the reality: Cousins, Wall and Patterson are almost certainly gone; Orton and Bledsoe could very well be gone; Normal roster turnover will lead to the loss of several others (Stevenson, Harris and Krebs for sure)

- Face the reality, part II: We have two high profile recruits in the 2010 class already; we will almost certainly land one of the top PGS (probably Knight) and one of the top wings (most likely Leslie); we will also probably add a couple of other recruits that will contribute - depending on who leaves; this is what it's like to have a Calipari-coached team, so be prepared.