Concessions at The Fieldhouse?

Yet once again GRC had the chance to switch sides. One word would have worked, say, "Yes" we will switch benches.":thumb:

So that makes it right for your students to spit on our players?

There has been many false statements made on here and some by you. You say Mason has bad management and that is just not true. Caoch Hester and Mr Appleman run a tight ship and all you want to do is run them down. I am sure with Clark outstanding management nothing ever happens at games. Oh, wait, is that where the cheering section is allowed to stand on the floor in that corner and scream at the opposing players all game long. The Referees has to ask them to get back to take the ball out of bounds. I am sure they are just asking our players what they are doing after the game. I have never seen anyone from Clark ask them to move back. Huh, must be bad management. There have been other posts on here from other teams complaining about this bunch. Just remember, all schools have their problems, so don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.[/QUOTE]

That is not a false statement , that is my opinion. If you see a false statement use the report a post feature. And I stand behind saying that the tournment had some issues of being poorly managed.

So glad you posted about the glass houses. Many posts have been made by Mason fans about us leaving the trophy and how classless this was. Spitting on players and throwing water/soft drinks is low class classless.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GS, You did not address your cheering section issue and do think that leaving the trophy and some uniforms is bad sportsmanship? What do you categorized this as?

The uniforms are picked up by the managers, so if one was left it is their responsibility to get them. I really don't believe it was left on pourpose....Mason Student section would have a field day with it next year. On the trophy if it was left by accident, that is understandable. If it wasn't, I don't condone it . Our cheering section had signs about our team and supporting our players....see paNDA's pictures. Mason's on the other hand, had pictures of Zollo EVERYWHERE, and making fun of him. I believe a student section should encourage THEIR players and team.

The uniforms are picked up by the managers, so if one was left it is their responsibility to get them. I really don't believe it was left on pourpose....Mason Student section would have a field day with it next year. On the trophy if it was left by accident, that is understandable. If it wasn't, I don't condone it . Our cheering section had signs about our team and supporting our players....see paNDA's pictures. Mason's on the other hand, had pictures of Zollo EVERYWHERE, and making fun of him. I believe a student section should encourage THEIR players and team.

Nice try, I was talking about the student section at your home games. Also, since you said that Mason's bad management was just your opinion. Do you think the AD not selling advance tickets was a mistake? Do you always agree with everything that goes on at Clark Co? Do you ever have a difference of opinion? Also, don't say that I agree with everything Mason does because I had several disputes over the years. Kids are always going to make fun or attack their opponents. Your statement is correct, but from an adult point of view.

GS, You did not address your cheering section issue and do think that leaving the trophy and some uniforms is bad sportsmanship? What do you categorized this as?

GRC students sit under the goal 12 feet from the floor. I can guarantee Chad Jackson or anyone else for that matter were not charged before during or after the Scott county game.

Maybe some of you have forgotten what it feels like to be on the other side of an upset, we did it to you in 2007 when Miller was a junior. The disappointment will fade as will the excitement you feel right now. Then we go on living life and hopefully treating our fellow man with a little common respect. High school basketball is not life! If you feel like it is, you may want to do some self examination and try to figure out another path in life that is a little more solid and worthy of your effort.

GRC lost when they were supposed to win, it hurts for a while then it fades into memory and legend. Mason will win more games but I promise you they will lose some too! GRC will win more games but they too will lose eventually. To see people mistreat and ridicule each other over a game is sad....so sad.

Edited by isthatallyougot

Nice try, I was talking about the student section at your home games. Also, since you said that Mason's bad management was just your opinion. Do you think the AD not selling advance tickets was a mistake? Do you always agree with everything that goes on at Clark Co? Do you ever have a difference of opinion? Also, don't say that I agree with everything Mason does because I had several disputes over the years. Kids are always going to make fun or attack their opponents. Your statement is correct, but from an adult point of view.

We have a big student section at our home games, and in the end zone behind the cheerleaders. They can't be out on the floor.Yes, I do think it was a mistake in not getting advance tickets. I do realize he was very busy in making arrangements for our girls that just won the girls 10th region. But I do think arrangements should have been made for our fans, students and parents to have advance tickets at our school.

I believe the student section should support their team.

Yeah Sunrise, what about when your cheering section charged Chad Jackson? Must of been bad management and I know for a FACT that the cheering section did not spit on any of your players. Talk about a sore loser..:ohbrother:

The Clark students were quite vocal during that game. After Scott's comeback, very similar to this Mason game, a male adult from Scott enterred the student section exchanging words. Jackson and another Scott player were in his wake and the situation threatened to get out of hand as the students reacted, but was quickly handled by school officials Not excusing anyone's bad behavior, but the GRC students did not charge Jackson.

Edited by gold sunrise

GRC students sit under the goal 12 feet from the floor. I can guarantee Chad Jackson or anyone else for that matter were charged before during or after the Scott county game.

Maybe some of you have forgotten what it feels like to be on the other side of an upset, we did it to you in 2007 when Miller was a junior. The disappointment will fade as will the excitement you feel right now. Then we go on living life and hopefully treating our fellow man with a little common respect. High school basketball is not life! If you feel like it is, you may want to do some self examination and try to figure out another path in life that is a little more solid and worthy of your effort.

GRC lost when they were supposed to win, it hurts for a while then it fades into memory and legend. Mason will win more games but I promise you they will lose some too! GRC will win more games but they too will lose eventually. To see people mistreat and ridicule each other over a game is sad....so sad.

I think most of this is due to the guarantees that were made that GRC would win Monday night. Remember there are no guarantees either.

It's not like Mason County planned the victory festivities in 2007 long before the first game was played now is it.:sssh:

hahahahaha I had forgotten about that. You just got a chuckle out of me. :lol: Good thing we didn't pre plan any parties this year.

I will go back to what I have said all season. Regional tournaments need to be held on neutral courts. This is not a 10th region statement, this is for all regionals. And I stand by this statement knowing that I have just built an 8 mil. facility here in Montgomery County.

I agree with you on playing on a neutral court for regional tournaments. It's not fair for teams in the 10th region to have to play year after year at the fieldhouse. Homer's might like it, however it isn't fair for the other teams to have to play at Mason due to home field advantage. Sorry, but it's like playing the ninth region at Holmes fieldhouse every year.