Everything posted by IGNOTUS
-
Mason County Team Camp 6/16-6/17
I wouldn't say it was "ridiculous", maybe the way Thomas More Camp was run was "ridiculous" with the scheduling and rescheduling of games. Pendleton Played 3 games at Mason Co on Friday, then were scheduled to play 4 at Thomas More 9,10,11,12 yesterday. The times ended up being split up and they picked up a game against Campbell Co who they beat. Pendleton is now 14-6 on the summer with 3 games left against Dixie Heights, Beechwood & Holmes next week.
-
Mason County Team Camp 6/16-6/17
In no particular order, and without seeing a few team's play this summer I'd throw Montgomery, Brossart, Pendleton, Harrison, and of course you can't discount the major players for the title the last few years in Clark & Mason
-
Mason County Team Camp 6/16-6/17
Pendleton Co went 2-1. Lost to Mason Co by 2 in the first game(Heard Mason Co treated it more like a regular season game, think they had a bone to pick?), then beat West Carter by 30 the very next game. After a game break they then beat a scrappy Georgetown OH team by 15ish points after a slow start. After playing at Thomas More Camp today PC will have played 16 games in 6 days, 7 in less then 24 hours. Region seems to be anyones to grab with a solid 5 teams being able to win come March
-
Mason County Team Camp 6/16-6/17
I believe Pendleton Co just got back from Centre team camp where they played 9 games in two & a half days. I'd say they wanted the off day Thursday so they were ok with the 3 games on Fridays schedule.
-
Mason Co./Pendleton Region 10 Semi-Finals 3/5/11
Very correct on the Simm's statement, he said before the draw saturday no way he makes same mistake as last year and will take the visting bench even as the home team.
-
Mason Co./Pendleton Region 10 Semi-Finals 3/5/11
Get your popcorn ready for the fan show down before the game even starts! Pendleton will in fact be taking the "away" bench even though they are slated as the home team. But you better believe the rowdy crowd from Flamouth will be there well in advance and try to stake their claim on the home side stands. Fred Hester said at the region draw that as tournament director he wasn't going to ask Mason fans to switch sides (that question was raised from the Clark Co staff), but if PC fans get there early enough and claim all the seats he can't ask them to move either. Wasn't really impressed with Mason's fan support last night, Pendleton brought the house with the whole lower and upper side downing red & black.
-
Mason County 41 Harrison County 6
I didn't get to make the game tonight, but the Ragin' Royals sounded like they came out strong despite the weather (per WFTM). Mason County's time of possession in the 1st quarter was something like 3 minutes and they still scored 27 points!!! Royals O that good, or Breds D that bad? ToP probably strongly favored Harrison County as they had the ball the whole 3Q and the beginning of the 4Q; however, it does not reflect the score of the game. Usually the the team who wins ToP wins the game...unless the opponent catches lightning and that's what Mason Co did tonight! Congratulations to Jordan Gilbert who moved into 3rd place in Royals history in either career receptions or career receiving yards (can't remember which I heard on the radio). Another congrats to Neal Pawsat who has now passed for over 4,000 yards in his varsity career, which is 2nd all-time for the Royals. I don't think he'll be surpassing the #1, Dustin Grutza, anytime soon though...the former Royal and UC Bearcat threw for around 8000 yards in his high school career!!
-
Danville 21 Mason County 14
I hope his backup is the retired, I mean un-retired Brett Favre because only he could withstand the pressure that the Ads front line applied. Pawsat was 13 of 24 for 171 yards and 2 TD's...not amazing stats but it is early in the season. Yes he had a couple intentional grounding penalties and took some sacks...what high school quarterback wouldn't when a defender is rushing untouched on his blindside???
-
Elisha Justice Named Mr. Basketball
What a senior year for an individual player that was also able to accomplish team goals...All "A" State Champs (I'm guessing Justice was MVP), Sweet 16 State Champs (Justice=MVP), Mr. Basketball. 'Nuff said!!!
-
Shelby Valley 71 Mason County 51
I agree. The Royals, other than the guards, played very deflated today.
-
Shelby Valley 71 Mason County 51
What a great season and a good run for Mason County...unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. :cry: There's only one better way to end a season on Saturday and thats in the night game at Rupp Arena...the Royals were just one short of that. Coming into the year, many (including myself) didn't think that Coach O'Hearn had enough talent to get back to the Greatest Show in Hoops, but boy did they prove us all wrong! Injuries early in the season allowed Mason to become a more balanced team, especially Rhueben Bluford. I'd like to call it the "Blooming of Bluford" as he was giving PT to show us all what he is capable of. I don't know why the state tournament should be any different??? :confused: I hope he is able to continue his basketball career (from what I've been hearing, Berea and Pikeville are possibilites). IMO the guard combo of Jordan Gilbert and Justin Lang was the Royals greatest asset come tourney time (10th Region & Sweet 16). JG will be a fun player to watch next year in both football and basketball, while J.Lang will be missed surprisingly on offense, but particularly on the defensive end. I believe Justin earned the right to be named All-Tournament Team by his play at Rupp. Bradley Lang was an aggressive player on both ends of the floor, but just couldn't seem to get anything going at Rupp. However, he has better things coming his way...good luck to him as he continues his football career. One player that needs to keep his head up is Treg Setty. He had a lot of pressure to be the leader of this year's team, but I am not sure if he fits that role. He is a good player with even greater potential, but needs to find out how to maximize what he has been given to the fullest. He always wears his emotion on his proverbial sleeve, but he needs to learn how to keep them in check. Neal Pawsat, Tyler Black, and Josh Harris are all athletic studs and will be assets for the both the football and basketball programs at Mason County next year. Look for these three players to be on D1 fields sometime in the next several years. I think there will always be questions about coaching, whether it be strategy or substition patterns, but Coach O'Hearn and staff, especially Carwile, did a phenomenal job this year...they must be doing something right to give the Royals the opportunity to play at Rupp Arena 3 straight years. Mason County was just beat by a better team this morning...that team being Shelby Valley. Solid, fundamental play from the Wildcats allowed them to advance to tonight to play for the state championship. They already have the All "A" under their belts and I think they will get this one too. Oh yeah, and they have Elisha Justice.
-
Mason County/Shelby Valley Predictions
I'm hoping for a close game with the victory going to the Rupp Arena, excuse me, Mason County Royals! haha. IMO it'll be interesting to see how Bluford and Setty come back in this game, considering their PT in last night's game...
-
Mason County 58 North Hardin 56 (OT)
On a more positive note: Bluford shows up again BIG for the Royals. IMO he is the most important player for Mason County. Bradley Lang was aggressive all night on both ends. And once again, as the same in the region finals, the combination of Gilbert on the offensive end and J.Lang on the defensive end proved vital at the guard position for Coach O'Hearn's squad.
-
Mason County 58 North Hardin 56 (OT)
No offense in the 4th quarter from the Royals allowed North Hardin to get back into the game. Mason County "survived and advanced" by "finding a way to win"...pardon the clichés! I thought NH would be too athletic in the end...but much to my surprise, the Royals pulled this one out. On to tomorrow night @ 8.
-
Concessions at The Fieldhouse?
GS, I really don't think you can criticize the MC cheering section for anything. You say they should have been cheering for their team. Obviously, you didn't hear what was said to players from the GRC cheering section. There really can be no argument for this, it goes both ways when it comes to cheering sections. It is the nature of high school students. As for the spitting and pouring soft drinks on GRC's Bench.. Don't be ridiculous. I'm certain that if someone poured a soft drink on a coach, it would be seen and I'm certain cops would be notified. Also, why am I hearing about this just now, two nights after the ridiculous statement supposably happened? As for the left trophy and the jersey, I'm sure that it was a mistake and GRC accidently left it. I'm sure the MC administration will send both of them back to GRC as they should. The jersey back to GRC, fine. But perhaps send the trophy back to Fleming County:sssh::lol:
-
Concessions at The Fieldhouse?
I wonder what this thread would have been had Clark County won the championship game??? :confused:
-
Concessions at The Fieldhouse?
I agree with all of the above bolded statements and am glad that some of us BGPers from the 10th Region (especially from Mason County, Montgomery County, and Clark County) could find some common ground. :thumb: boonesp, no need to surrender! I can and will respect others' opinions as I would expect the same...but that doesn't mean I won't try make mine the best haha What do you say we start a petition to improve the 10th Region Tournament from the fans' perspective, however small of a part we play? :clap:
-
Concessions at The Fieldhouse?
Not dictated by "tradition", but is not used for all games because the space is not needed. And I'm sure you don't care about any other games at The Fieldhouse than the one Clark County continues to lose in a.k.a the 10th Region finals! I dont know about Cousins though, he obviously need some glasses!!!
-
Concessions at The Fieldhouse?
Thank you for giving credit where credit is due. And yes I am going to defend my opinion once again. If you did not read my entire first post (#191), I did state that tradition must be given the opportunity to grow and BoK has not had that yet. Sure there might have been the same number of fans at the BoK this year, but it still would not have had the same atmosphere. I think the capacity there is around 10,000...that means that it would only be half full. Nobody, most importantly the players, wants that! The issues you have are legit issues and should be looked at by the Mason County officials. If they were to improve on these, then Mason County would go back to hosting the 10 Region Tournament every year!!! haha I will admit maybe there is a little HCA...how can there not be when the Mason County players practice in that gym and play all of their home games there? However, usually when the overall better team which means better talent (as you say Clark County) does not win on a given night, it can attributed to strategy as in coaching strategy. When two Mason Co guards that are everything short of 6' are guarding two Clark Co "guards" that are both taller than 6'4" and Clark Co never goes in the post, when Clark Co players are jacking up 3's in the 4th quarter with the lead, what or who is to blame? The Home Court Advantage??? I don't think so!!! The coaches need to take control. Here I go repeating myself...games are won by a team players UNDER THE DIRECTION OF THEIR COACHES.
-
Concessions at The Fieldhouse?
I should quote mcraycraft and say "learn the gyms!" haha. One of the endzones at The Fieldhouse is a stage, and that seating is only used for the 10th Region finals to accomodate the crowd size. Trust me, if a team's student section were put on the stage they would start complaining about how far away from the game they are. Not everyone is going to be happy all of the time. And please don't try to compare the set-up at Rupp Arena with that at The Fieldhouse...
-
Concessions at The Fieldhouse?
I don't know the gyms and that's why I asked! And I was making a point to Gold Sunrise about her Clark County Cardinals. But thanks for the input. Isn't that weird though...playing in the 10th Region for four years and not knowing the gyms??? I would assume that's because the gyms, the benches, the fans, and whatever else outside the lines don't have a real impact on the outcome of the game. I'm getting tired of repeating of myself, but the game is about the players on the court and how their coaches lead them. Once that KHSAA ball is tipped, the players aren't worried about anything else. 'Nuff said!!! :madman:
-
Concessions at The Fieldhouse?
I knew at least one Clark County fan would have something to say! I will quote a friend: I ask (because I was not there), where did Montgomery County fans sit when their team played at their home gym in 2008 10th Region Tournament? I'm sure they probably sat in the seats that they had all season long. No administration in their right mind, at any school, would try to move their patrons...those that make the program possible. And let me guess, Clark County would:ohbrother:. Where the fans sit doesn't make a difference anyway. I will repeat: Mason County has 3-peated in 3 different venues. So you say that Mason Co's student section shouldn't be behind Clark Co's bench...tell your coach, although I'm sure he is well aware, that he can elect to sit at the other bench. Then you say that the coach shouldn't have to worry about it, the host school administration should take care of it...that puts Clark's student section behind their bench...wouldn't that give the advantage to Clark County? Oh is that what you wanted though??? There is no fair way to do it...life isn't fair all the time and neither is basketball. What host school wouldn't try to give their team the best chance to win? :idunno: Let me guess again, Clark County wouldn't :ohbrother::ohbrother:. I suggest you start worrying about what's on the court rather than what's off the court...because what's on the court is what matters! One coach always told his players, "Excuses are a sign of weakness." I don't think Clark County needs anymore of those, especially from their fans. BOO-YAH!!! :scared:
-
Concessions at The Fieldhouse?
and oh yeah... CHILD PLEASE!!! :sssh:
-
Concessions at The Fieldhouse?
First of all, I would like to say that this is ridiculous...all of these opinions are just that, opinions, and everyone is entitled to their own. With that being said, I will continue the ridiculousness! haha To start, no thread should have ever been started to discuss the concessions at The Fieldhouse...these amenities are fairly insignificant in the whole scheme of a basketball tournament. Yeah people travel from different distances, some far (Clark County) and some not so far (Mason County), but everyone has the opportunity to eat before, during, or after the game. If you feel the concessions are that bad, you don't need to complain; just don't eat them. Mason Co shouldn't serve concesisons and then The Fieldhouse would be able to seat more people...if you catch my drift! On to the next one: where the 10th Region Tournament should be held. Apparently, numerous people feel that Mason County has HCA with the tourney being held at The Fieldhouse...wouldn't that mean that Montgomery County had HCA when the tourney was there 2 years ago? If I am correct, Mason Co went on to win that year despite Montgomery's "HCA". The year before that (2007), Clark County beat Mason Co at The Fieldhouse. So where is this Home Court Advantage??? Let me remind you that Mason Co has won the 10th Region the past 3 years, all being at different venues. A team of players with the direction of their coaches wins championships, nothing else. The place of play is voted on and that vote has been exercised the past 3 years; nevertheless, the tourney has had the same outcome as previously stated. Now on to the way the 10 Region Tournament was ran this year at The Fieldhouse. There are several issues that go with the main discussion (home vs. away) even though they have no real effect on the outcome of the game: locker rooms, benches, fan & student sections, cheerleaders, etc.. Any game at The Fieldhouse that involves Mason County should have Mason Co in their own locker room. I don't think anybody can argue that. However, I do agree that the benches and f&s sections should be decided by the brackets...that is only fair. I'd like to see opposing fans try to move the Mason Co faithful out of their season long seats though! About the cheerleaders, the reason that both teams' are on the same side (in front of the stage) is this: any group of cheerleaders on the other side of the court would obstruct the view of half of those endzone seats, no matter who is sitting there. Finally, atmosphere...the previous topics are all elements of atmosphere. I was not able to make the game Monday night, but I wished I could have just to experience my first 10th Region finals at The Fieldhouse as a fan! I don't know how you could beat it! The atmosphere at that place is amazing. Yeah the concessions might not offer that much, the temperature might approach the boiling point, and you might not be able to move, but the game isn't about you the fans....it's about the players. As a former player, there were three things that I wanted for the ideal playing conditions: playing a rival, playing in front of a packed house, and playing in a place where there is tradition. A Mason County vs. Clark County finals at The Fieldhouse has all three of these things! So I ask why are there so many complaints??? For all those who want the BoK to host, it might only have one of those things...and that's if Mason plays Clark in the finals. You say who wouldn't want to play in NKU's BoK and then go to play in UK's Rupp as if to compare the two...when no comparison can be made at all. Yes BoK is a very nice, new facility but it in no way, shape, or form has the tradition that Rupp Arena has...it doesn't even have the tradition that The Fieldhouse has, especially when it comes to the 10th Region Tournament. You can argue that tradition has to be given a chance to be started like making the 10th Region Tourney a staple at BoK, but good luck getting 10,000 to come to a high school basketball game...you don't need that many seats. The Fieldhouse or Montgomery County's gym doesn't have that many seats. There's the answer. Throw the biggest high school gym in NKY into the rotation with The Fieldhouse and Montgomery Co., but I don't think any place can match the atmosphere that the Mason County Fieldhouse has. Obviously, my Mason County bias is seen throughout this post...but IMO it is also impartial logic that any true fan can agree with. So go ahead...the Royals are #1, we wear the crown, :notworthy:!!!
-
Who would of been 10th Region MVP?
I don't see your reasoning for this considering Mason has won three years in row, all at different facilities.:confused: