West Virginia 77 Louisville 74

Hangman

You guys keep talking about that end-game call, which was bad, but the facts are it never should have come to that. This Cardinal team is like a mirror image of the Pittsburgh Steelers in their inability this year to win close games.

If any opposing coach the rest of the season plays UofL using anything but a 1-3-1, they should be shot. I knew as soon as Huggins switched to that the Cards were screwed, especially once Swopshire fouled out. No excuse for not having someone who can pass from the high post. The real question is why didn't Huggins make the switch sooner?

This is pretty much what I was saying when I said that I'm trying to acknowledge that bad calls were made without blaming the loss on the refs. They had so many opportunities to put this one away despite everything, and they did not. This just isn't a tough team this season.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is pretty much what I was saying when I said that I'm trying to acknowledge that bad calls were made without blaming the loss on the refs. They had so many opportunities to put this one away despite everything, and they did not. This just isn't a tough team this season.

Zero leadership -- and that includes the man running the show, because his distractions have been more of a negative than people are letting on. I think Delk is trying, but it's hard for him when you've got head case seniors such as Smith and Sosa -- two of the most exasperating players in UofL history -- who are supposed to be doing the job.

Wow, Pitino was very upset after the game. He said he has had it with officiating. He said he got a bogus explanation on that last call...video

He also said that the ball went off Mazzula on the other end with 19 seconds left. He's right about that too.

I believe UL was up 70-59 and then allowed WVU to go an 18-4 run to close it out. Tough loss. The exasperation with Smith and Sosa reminds me of that with Cornelius Holden and Everick Sullivan years ago. Jerry just seems lost out there and Little Eddie is way too inconsistent.

I'm amazed at how bad the Big East officials are. Not only are they inconsistent from game to game but their inconsistent during the game, one minute they call touch fouls the next minute teeth are lost and no foul is called, they really hurt the tempo of the game IMO.

The next thing that amazes me is how much UL is currently underachieving, not only with success on the court but in player devolvement as well, IMO UL has all the talent to be at the front of the Big East but just can't seem to perform at the level they need to. I also think this team has been hell on Coach Pitino, he just has a different demeanor and attitude that I have not seen before. The Pitino of the 90's would have been ejected today and wouldn't have gone quietly...

Wow, Pitino was very upset after the game. He said he has had it with officiating. He said he got a bogus explanation on that last call...video

He also said that the ball went off Mazzula on the other end with 19 seconds left. He's right about that too.

I'm amazed at how bad the Big East officials are. Not only are they inconsistent from game to game but their inconsistent during the game, one minute they call touch fouls the next minute teeth are lost and no foul is called, they really hurt the tempo of the game IMO.

The next thing that amazes me is how much UL is currently underachieving, not only with success on the court but in player devolvement as well, IMO UL has all the talent to be at the front of the Big East but just can't seem perform at the level they need to. I also think this team has been hell on Coach Pitino, he just has a different demeanor and attitude that I have seen before. The Pitino of the 90's would have been ejected today and wouldn't have gone quietly...

He can gripe about the officiating all he wants, but the bottom line is he gagged in both coaching and recruiting by not being able to attack the 1-3-1. It's inexcusable that there is nobody on that roster who can play the high post.

Like Pitino said " You don't shoot 53% and play as hard as my kids did" its unreal of how bad the officiating was. Mike Kitts is a terrible official.

Huh? I give Rick a hard time and all, but one of his strengths is being a good communicator. What I bolded doesn't make sense; is there more to the quote that you're leaving out?

Pitino is tired and ready to retire. I am not the 1st to say it and I won't be the last. Good run Cards. Wasn't it fun having RP as a coach?

I would have to agree. I saw a different Coach today that I haven’t seen before, he looked beat down and tired. I think this team is going to need to make a good NCAA run to rejuvenate him or this may very well be his swan song...

I would have to agree. I saw a different Coach today that I haven’t seen before, he looked beat down and tired. I think this team is going to need to make a good NCAA run to rejuvenate him or this may very well be his swan song...

I would agree with him retiring, if it weren't for the new arena and the 2011 class he had verbally comitted. But you never know, he doesn't have the fire he once had. He ain't getting any younger...

Frankly, he should have stepped aside for a leave of absence once the Willard hire went down so that he can be less of a distraction to his players. I had that feeling during the summer, and I'm sure of it now (and not just because of today's loss -- I'm no bridge-jumper).

Frankly, he should have stepped aside for a leave of absence once the Willard hire went down so that he can be less of a distraction to his players. I had that feeling during the summer, and I'm sure of it now (and not just because of today's loss -- I'm no bridge-jumper).

Are you of the believe that Willard will become the head coach when Pitino retires? :confused: