West Virginia 77 Louisville 74

Hangman

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Horrible call, obviously out on Ebanks. Even if it were a jump bowl, UofL had the arrow. So that explanation holds no water.

UofL hasn't had a lot of luck with refs in the last 10 seconds of game lately. That being said, they choked this game just like they did Nova and Pitt.

Cards are NIT bound...

Not obviously. I watched that in slow motion at least a dozen times and here's what I saw...

Ebanks had white tape around his left wrist and thumb. There was no white visible on the hand that knocked that ball out of bounds.

The refs got that call correct, IMO. What they missed was Delk getting fouled on the three point attempt.

Not obviously. I watched that in slow motion at least a dozen times and here's what I saw...

Ebanks had white tape around his left wrist and thumb. There was no white visible on the hand that knocked that ball out of bounds.

The refs got that call correct, IMO. What they missed was Delk getting fouled on the three point attempt.

My whole point is this. They didn't make a call. Watch the video. They never made a call on the play. Then they went to the moniter, which is against the rules, and came back and gave it to WVU. No matter who it went out on, they didn't follow procedure. If a call is not made on the court, you have to go to the jump ball. You can't wait 5 minutes and make that call in basketball, it's against the rules.

Delk was fouled, I agree. But the big thing is UofL choked.

My whole point is this. They didn't make a call. Watch the video. They never made a call on the play. Then they went to the moniter, which is against the rules, and came back and gave it to WVU. No matter who it went out on, they didn't follow procedure. If a call is not made on the court, you have to go to the jump ball. You can't wait 5 minutes and make that call in basketball, it's against the rules.

Delk was fouled, I agree. But the big thing is UofL choked.

I won't dispute that. The announcers kept saying they thought the ref called it out on WVU, but I'm with you. If a call was ever made, I didn't see it.

I'm just saying, it looked like it was out on West Virginia, but watching it in slo-mo, I didn't see the white tape on his hand, so I think they ultimately got that call right.

Louisville blew it for sure. It should have never got to that point.

I won't dispute that. The announcers kept saying they thought the ref called it out on WVU, but I'm with you. If a call was ever made, I didn't see it.

I'm just saying, it looked like it was out on West Virginia, but watching it in slo-mo, I didn't see the white tape on his hand, so I think they ultimately got that call right.

Louisville blew it for sure. It should have never got to that point.

:thumb: