West Virginia 77 Louisville 74

Hangman

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I would be shocked.

I really don't know where they'll turn too next. I'm sure Jurich has a plan in place. That being said, Pitino's ego is too big to leave with the new arena opening next year. And if he gets through that, I think he'll want to coach that 2011 team. A lot of big time recruits, and Siva, Samuels, Jennings will be upperclassman.

Are you of the believe that Willard will become the head coach when Pitino retires? :confused:

I disagree with the sentiment that you and LCPats have offered. Why in the hell would Willard leave the situation he was in if there weren't some promises made?

I think he will be head coach, and I would welcome it because I think he's an excellent coach -- and one who is much better than Pitino, who consistently has shown his weakness in close games during the UofL tenure. He was able to mask that inability at UK because he almost always had superior talent to throw at coaches who killed him on the X/O end.

Hey how about giving Huggie some love. He went to a 1-3-1 and shut UL down for the last 7 minutes. However, the officiating was bad from start to finish. The "T" the Huggie got because a UL player pushed Ebanks in the back and no call.

I've given Huggs tons of credit in this thread for that move. He showed once again why he's always been a better coach than Pitino.

Always been a better coach? Now, that is hysterical, and not even close to being accurate.

As hysterical as a funeral. You're just too close to the glimmer of Rick to be able to assess him honestly. Great recruiter, OK coach. Struggles in close games, but looks fantastic when he has superior talent. He's basically Lute Olson, or a glorified Bill Frieder or Lou Henson.

You can only look at the replay for clock questions. You can't change an out of bounds call using replay in basketball. They just totally blew the call, kind of like they did in the Seton Hall game last week.

It doesn't matter, UofL lost the game on their own. I don't blame refs for losses, but it would of been nice to of had a chance to win.

In regards to the Seton Hall game, it was a procedural error, per Big East office, by Tony Greene. He blew an inadvertent whistle and should have just reset the ball O/B but just told the kid to take it?

The ending was crazy but you cant take quick shots up 3 possessions late in the game.

In regards to the Seton Hall game, it was a procedural error, per Big East office, by Tony Greene. He blew an inadvertent whistle and should have just reset the ball O/B but just told the kid to take it?

The ending was crazy but you cant take quick shots up 3 possessions late in the game.

Just another example of that "great" Pitino coaching ...