West Virginia 77 Louisville 74

Hangman

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I stated in the game thread, the only thing I can figure is that they called it a jump ball, and the alternate possesion went to WVU. Either way, the Cards got screwed on that one

Correct. The official turned his head and couldn't see who it went out on. I'm guessing the other two couldn't tell so by rule it goes to the AP and WVU had the arrow. The real shame was not that but the lack of a call on the shot from the corner.

Wow, UL loses another one.

Tough loss. The call was weird, but I think they called it according to the rulebook. The Ref had to duck...if the ball hits off of his face & bounces back into play, that's likely the end of the game.

I'd imagine they went with the alternate possession & WVU got the ball.

Another big call against the Cards, but WVU should have been shooting double bonus anyway with about 19 ticks left. Mizzulo drove to the left, #4 Buckles for UL hit him in the arm; ball flies off Mizzulo's head and out of bounds...and they call it WVU's ball. :lol:

Correct. The official turned his head and couldn't see who it went out on. I'm guessing the other two couldn't tell so by rule it goes to the AP and WVU had the arrow. The real shame was not that but the lack of a call on the shot from the corner.

If it was a jump ball, it would've went to UL. WVU got the last jump ball.

Good call. I'd like to retract the first part of my statement above. Maybe the official who turned his head said the last he saw was UL. UL did touch it as it was going OOB but it appeared that a WVU player got his hand on it last.

Another choke job on the road. 11 pt lead and start taking stupid shots with 25+ still on the shot clock. Tough calls down the stretch but should have never got to that point. Why did we not put Siva back in the game. He was making things happen. He went out WV goes on the run.

Tough loss. The call was weird, but I think they called it according to the rulebook. The Ref had to duck...if the ball hits off of his face & bounces back into play, that's likely the end of the game.

:

If it had hit the official it would have been OOB and a dead ball.