West Virginia 77 Louisville 74

Hangman

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And like I said since nobody truly saw what happened it should have been a jump ball. The officials blew the call.

While you're right that it looked like they gave the wrong team the ball if the only official who had a view said he saw it hit UL last then there's not much else he can do. The only time you go to your partners is if you didn't see who it went out on. Wrongly, he saw it go out on UL. Its no different than any other OOB call. Sometimes you get it right. Sometimes you don't.

The only way the other two officials would chime in is if they had definite knowledge that the calling official got it wrong. No way for them to have definite knowledge from their vantage point.

You had every opportunity to start the prediction thread. I'm laying that at the feet of you, LCPats, TD and Rockmom. :lol:

I quit prediction threads because they were bad luck. I'm gonna need you to start it, and pick against them.

I'm afraid it doesn't matter now, UofL is basically gonna have to win the Big East tourny to make the NCAA tourny now, and that ain't happening.

While you're right that it looked like they gave the wrong team the ball if the only official who had a view said he saw it hit UL last then there's not much else he can do. The only time you go to your partners is if you didn't see who it went out on. Wrongly, he saw it go out on UL. Its no different than any other OOB call. Sometimes you get it right. Sometimes you don't.

The only way the other two officials would chime in is if they had definite knowledge that the calling official got it wrong. No way for them to have definite knowledge from their vantage point.

It was obvious that none of the three knew who it went out on when they all looked at each other for help, and nobody made the call. You've got to go with the jump ball there instead of just guessing.

It was obvious that none of the three knew who it went out on when they all looked at each other for help, and nobody made the call. You've got to go with the jump ball there instead of just guessing.

I saw nothing that made it obvious that the lead official saw nothing. They got together to talk about the clock.

I saw nothing that made it obvious that the lead official saw nothing. They got together to talk about the clock.

Did you see any of them make the call? Why do you think Pitino went ballistic on the sideline. The official makes a call a minute or two after the play happened? They blew it. Plain and simple IMO. He was guessing, and you don't call something unless you see the play. You've got to go to the jump ball there.

Did you see any of them make the call? Why do you think Pitino went ballistic on the sideline. The official makes a call a minute or two after the play happened? They blew it. Plain and simple IMO. He was guessing, and you don't call something unless you see the play. You've got to go to the jump ball there.

I agree, I thought that was what they would do.

Pitino went ballistic because he felt it was the wrong call. Obviously. You're making an assumption that has no basis when you say he guessed. He "saw" it. He just didn't see what he thought he saw.

Pitino went ballistic because he felt it was the wrong call. Obviously. You're making an assumption that has no basis when you say he guessed. He "saw" it. He just didn't see what he thought he saw.

Yes, but the point is he went ballistic two minutes after the play happened. The officials had no idea who knocked the ball out, and instead of going with the jump ball they decide to guess.

You guys keep talking about that end-game call, which was bad, but the facts are it never should have come to that. This Cardinal team is like a mirror image of the Pittsburgh Steelers in their inability this year to win close games.

If any opposing coach the rest of the season plays UofL using anything but a 1-3-1, they should be shot. I knew as soon as Huggins switched to that the Cards were screwed, especially once Swopshire fouled out. No excuse for not having someone who can pass from the high post. The real question is why didn't Huggins make the switch sooner?