Who had the hardest hit in hs football you have ever seen?

the wizzard

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fred Dean from Lawrence County against Greenup County, can't remember the QB for Greenup but Fred lit him up. The coach for Greenup was Baldridge (former Morehead St. coach) said to me after the game that was the hardest hit he had ever seen including college.

I saw that hit. It was the 1995 season. It was the hardest hit I have ever seen in HS. The unbelievable thing was that the QB got right up. I also saw this kid play at Magoffin County that same year and the QB took some of the most punishment I have ever seen from a couple of pretty good players at MC. I give that kid my award for toughest player of all time!!!

Fred Dean from Lawrence County against Greenup County, can't remember the QB for Greenup but Fred lit him up. The coach for Greenup was Baldridge (former Morehead St. coach) said to me after the game that was the hardest hit he had ever seen including college.

This is the hardest hit I have ever seen by far. I will never forget that hit. It was unreal.

The football-wise JD who attended the Ryle-Campbell game referred to Ryle's Jerrod Babik as one of the hardest hitting DB's he has ever seen in NKY. Each week bears that out if you watch Ryle games. It has been amazing watching him detonate on people. Drew Morgan's hit on the Campbell kickoff returner on their last kickoff return was awesome, too!

I think the best hit i ever seen was back in 2002 when Johnson Central played Greenup Co. at JC. It was on a kick return when Nathan "Tater" McCoart had what we called a come around block when he run up the field behind the kicking team and circled around behind them and came back up field to pick out somebody. So happened on that play Chat Yates broke free and started down the sideline and had one man to beat which had a good angle on him and probably would have stopped him from the score. McCoart blind sided him from an angle knocking the boys teeth out. It was the kind of hit that Warren Sapp laid on the Green Bay lineman on a interception that caused so much controversy. The hit Tater laid was clean and boy was it a great one.

Jason Crockett seemed like had a huge hit every other game at Bell Co. He was as hard hitting a safety as you would find.

The hit I remember the best though was probably on a kickoff return at Bell, Chris Hensley basically clotheslined a kid with both at full speed and the kid went head over feet.

:thumb:

Mitchell vs. Givhan... winner: Mitchell.

Standing right with GT when it happened, about 5 feet away from the hit. Sounded like a dumptruck running into a brick wall... and crashing through.

Hard hit but the hardest thing was understanding why the EMT's (actually the squad cause the EMT's were there) couldn't come onto the field until halftime actually got there. Sorry - have been holding that question back for quite a while now. :D

Hard hit but the hardest thing was understanding why the EMT's (actually the squad cause the EMT's were there) couldn't come onto the field until halftime actually got there. Sorry - have been holding that question back for quite a while now. :D

Just watched that game again yesterday and I was trying to figure out that myself. I'm going to assume that the refs and the Boyle coaches had talked and they felt the ambulance could wait. There were actually only 2 maybe 3 plays between the time the ambulance got there and the half.

In the late 80s early 90s Sheldon Clark went to Williamson, WV and played. In that game with SC running a cover 2 and JD Damron playing saftey a wide out for Williamson ran a slant and JD lit him up as the ball got there. It was almost a movie stunt hit. Spit and sweat shot out of the face mask like a geyser and the hit was so hard that it knocked the Williamson boy out cold. JD got up took about 2 or 3 steps and passed out himself. It was a kill shot. It sounded like sombody shot off a shotgun.

Just watched that game again yesterday and I was trying to figure out that myself. I'm going to assume that the refs and the Boyle coaches had talked and they felt the ambulance could wait. There were actually only 2 maybe 3 plays between the time the ambulance got there and the half.

This has always bothered me greatly. I would never debate the hit, how hard it was, was it necessary, etc.etc. it's football for goodness sakes but not seeing to that kid on a timely basis just still makes me mad. I don't care who made the decision not to allow the squad on that field before halftime started but if that had been my child there would never have been another ball snapped until my child (or anyones child) had been taken care of. In my eyes a childs welfare is always more important than a game.

Rick Schultz, Manual football and now at Murray State.

Against Iroquois, he was in at RB, took a handoff 70 yards to the house, and LOOKED for defenders to run over... he found 4... 2 had to be taken off the turf...

:eek:

MAN I think I remember that! Anything before my junior year is usually kind of fuzzy, but Schultz was a BEAST. Legends are still told of him to this day.