Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who had the hardest hit in hs football you have ever seen?

Featured Replies

1993 - Owensboro Catholic vs. Apollo at Rash Stadium. Jeremy Eades put a shoulder in two Apollo players in the same hit. One on each shoulder. When it happened the crowd immediately went silent. One player left the game but the other one was ok. By far the hardest hit have ever seen and heard.

 

:fight:==> :creepy::creepy:

  • Replies 107
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that hit. It was the 1995 season. It was the hardest hit I have ever seen in HS. The unbelievable thing was that the QB got right up. I also saw this kid play at Magoffin County that same year and the QB took some of the most punishment I have ever seen from a couple of pretty good players at MC. I give that kid my award for toughest player of all time!!!

 

I was playing Free Safety for Magoffin County that season. Which team was that against?

I was the covering official on that play, it was the hardest hit I've ever seen. Knocked him out of his shoe

:thumb: :thumb:

 

That was CRAZY!!!

Lexington Catholic's Will osborne tank/leveled/bulled or what ever u want to call it this one player from Rockcastles in the semis last year. Lets just say its one of those hits that you dont forget.

Lexington Catholic's Will osborne tank/leveled/bulled or what ever u want to call it this one player from Rockcastles in the semis last year. Lets just say its one of those hits that you dont forget.

I think that kid threw up on the field after that hit!

 

Fred Dean LB at Lawrence Co hit Brandon Kitchen QB at Greenup Co in the mid 90's. It knocked Kitchen out and broke his jaw. I've seen a lot of major hits but this one was the bigest I remember!:scared:

Ron Doersam - Ludlow 1975.

 

The DE for Bellevue had bragged that he was going to put Doersam in the hospital. Instead, he got the ambulance ride. Wish I could remember his name.

 

A tremendous DE for 3 years and a punishing fullback for the Ludlow Panthers who didn't let up until he drove you into the ground. Opened many of the holes that Jim Lokesak ran through. All-Conference and All-State and a member of the Ludlow High School Hall of Fame and the Northern Ky. H.O.F.

His best quality though is that he is without a doubt the most loyal friend a person could have.

I can't remember who the player was now, but Paintsville came home walking wounded after playing in Grundy, VA in 2004. I can remember it was on a punt, and Grundy had a speedy returner. All of the Tigers cover team went run straight at the returner, and one hung back assuming he was the protector or the punter. Well the kid from Grundy broke free down the sidelines and the player from Paintsville was running dead red for him. When out of no where, BOOM!! a Grundy blocker took him out. The Paintsville players head hit first, and he was out for a few seconds. I can't remember for the life of me who it was but someone told me when he woke up the first thing he heard was Milt Preston's voice and then he started to get up but started vomitting through his facemask. You know it's a hit when the announcer over the loudspeaker says some obscenities.

Cawood vs Harlan 03

 

Dustin Clem from Cawood hit the RB from Harlan ( AG :D ) head on and broke his collar (sp?) bone and seperated the other shoulder. Just crushed him,Very Nasty, But Clean. :eek:

3 CovCath hits that have to be up there in my mind are...

 

1997- MudBowl- Pfifer...lookout.

2002- Seth Wiggins absolutely smashed John Logan down by the goalline.

2004- It was either on a fumble or INT return by CCH (vs HHS), Rob Grimes blindsided Sester over by the sideline (probably the highlight of that abysmal season).

This has always bothered me greatly. I would never debate the hit, how hard it was, was it necessary, etc.etc. it's football for goodness sakes but not seeing to that kid on a timely basis just still makes me mad. I don't care who made the decision not to allow the squad on that field before halftime started but if that had been my child there would never have been another ball snapped until my child (or anyones child) had been taken care of. In my eyes a childs welfare is always more important than a game.

The refs were not involved in any decision whatsoever about an ambulance in that game or any other. Those decisions are left to qualified medical professionals, the player's parents and his coaching staff. If a team doc mentions the word ambulance, we shut the game down until we're given the all clear. As a matter of fact, NO person affiliated with game management would EVER hinder timely medical attention to a player, student, spectator, coach or official. No matter how long it takes. EVER. Period.

 

Your comments imply conspiratorial negligence, and you are misinformed.

 

Incidentally, it was a legal hit.

 

offside

LRCW, this hit was good and legal, but it was over hyped by the Ashland faithful. I was there and saw the hit. As old as that stadium is I would doubt that this is one of the hardest hits, but maybe so. This hit was on a small freshman player that is very talented and tough as nails. JMO :ylsuper:

 

I was the covering official on the play, it happened 2 ft. in front of me. In 11 years of officiating F-ball, it was the biggest hit I've ever seen. It was not over-hyped at all, it is well deserving of any hype because it was a monster hit. He had a 25 yd dead sprint on him, he never saw it coming. I did and I was saying to myself " Turn around KID, please turn around". It knocked him out of the shoe, that how hard it was. That hit lead to a heated argument betwwen the two coaches. The P-burg coach came over to check on his player, who was on the Ashland sideline, and the two coaches started going at each other. The score was out of hand so we called the 1st half over with 20+ seconds left.

Kevin Murphy at Mason County had several good ones as a senior.

 

 

The best single hit I have seen was in 1993, Broch Allen of Paris at Paintville. He peeled back as a WR on a short pass to the RB. He knocked out the defender and took a row of cheerleaders with him.

Just watched that game again yesterday and I was trying to figure out that myself. I'm going to assume that the refs and the Boyle coaches had talked and they felt the ambulance could wait. There were actually only 2 maybe 3 plays between the time the ambulance got there and the half.

That's crazy. How do you come to your conclusion that officials would, or even COULD make such a decision? Have you ever heard the terms "liability" or "lawsuit"? Could you imagine yourself making such an incredibly bad decision on behalf of somebody else's kid?

 

Why wouldn't you "assume" that the EMTs or team doctor made that decision? And why wouldn't you "assume" that the assessment of the players injury (by qulaified medical professionals--not you or me) simply took longer than what YOU assumed it should take?

 

offside

Neal Tucker for Somerset had the hardest hit i can remeber seeing in HS Football. Was reading the screen play against Williamsburg just nailed him right as the ball was coming at him.

I saw the film of that game my senior year when we were preparing to play Male, we replayed the hit over and over again, it was SICK. Hardest hit I've ever seen. To watch it in slow-mo you could see the Highland's player's facial expression as his helmet flew off, it was crazy. Very legal good hit but man, you really worried the kid might be hurt bad at first sight.

 

Anybody know who the kid was that got clocked? I am sure that hit is the subject of many conversations at local Ft. Thomas pubs.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.