Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MOJO

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by MOJO

  1. A couple of more that I've not seen mentioned: Kyle Sublett (Paintsville) Hank Simpson (Letcher County Central)
  2. Funny thing is about all of this, you see these top 10 lists. Half of them aren't even about the football players and more than likely no football players are involved in making them. All the acts of vandalism, and such that were done a few years back, at least the ones I know of were done by students, not football players.
  3. I say it should go to the Paintsville Tourism building or quite possibly the KHSAA Hall of Fame.
  4. Tommy Taylor of Johnson Central is a dangerous one, has good speed and quite the height advantage on most DB's.
  5. Most of Paintsville's starters weren't in the game, heck some weren't even playing during the second quarter. Paintsville was already without two starters, and had another three leave the game with injuries. If you seen the guys in the secondary, and that's who your referring to then they were short handed to begin with as the starting CB was out, another left with a neck injury. I know I was thinking the same thing, but then realized and look down on the sidelines to see only one secondary player over there still dressed. I don't think Paintsville was trying to be classless, to say the least last night. If that was the case they could have scored 100. Paintsville, could have done much of the same last year vs. BL but didn't. So don't even start that stuff, everyone on Paintsville's team played last night. Heck during the fourth quarter a starting WR, who had never played QB before took the helm.
  6. I can't really tell from the film, all I know is about the time he hits the one you can see him falling forward and then the ball squirts out. The Hughes call took a lot of wind out of the Tigers I do believe. But I have to say Hughes picked apart the secondary for most of the night. The Blackcats played better than the Tigers and deserved the win. Paintsville continues to struggle and shoot themselves in the foot. Congrats to those guys and good luck the rest of the season.
  7. Well that's definitely what freed him up in the second half, P-burg took advantage of the freshman and was crashing on Subby with their tackles and TE's on the outside runs. When Bucky moved back to LB the crashing ceased and freed up Sublett. Bailey was in a ton of tackles in the second half and I'd give him the CNS player of the game. Since you're a fan of both the Blackcats and the Tigers, what do you think of the two questionable TD calls? Now that I realized after watching the game for a third time today, that it was 4th down on Hughes' supposed poke into the end zone I'm a little more irritated.
  8. Sublett did play well tonight as he has all season, and has been named BSN defensive player of the week last week as well as Citizen's National player of the game twice this season. I'm not sure who got awarded that honor tonight oneIjoe but I'd believe I'd give that honor to Bucky Bailey. He seemed to be the difference maker in neutralizing P-burg's offense in the second half when he moved to LB from DE. Not only was he making plays, but he was taking the amount of blocks thrown Sublett's way in the first half, freeing up Sublett to make plays himself.
  9. If you like that one, you should have seen P-burg's final TD. From where I was sitting, it looked as if he fumbled the ball into the endzone from about the 1 or 2 yard line but they called it a touchdown. I've watched the dive for the pile-on in slow motion, I could be wrong but I'm not sure how your right hand can knock the pile-on down but you can still get the ball over the goal line when your diving at that angle. Heck I may be wrong and it really doesn't matter as they'd probably scored on the next play. But when you fumble into the endzone and a Paintsville player picks it up, not sure how it's a touchdown. Oh well, the Blackcats out played the Tigers and deserved to win. If Paintsville doesn't get their line together, they may be staring at a #3 seed in their district.
  10. Pretty sure John Randle as mentioned above is the one who started this sort of trend. Although Randle did something a little different, he made his more like raccoon eyes. I can't imagine that, on your eye lids and everything with the sweat pouring down and getting in your eyes. I always idolized Randle growing up and once heard a myth that he would do reps of pushing and sit ups using a deck of cards each day after a workout. He would alternate between the two, as he pulled cards out of the deck and that's how many reps he would do for that particular set. None the less, I have no problem with kids doing this some may consider it war paint or something and there is no doubt that in football you're definitely going to war. If it doesn't distract from the game and cause a hazard I see nothing wrong with it. As someone said above it's no different than a kid wearing a neck board, shield, rib protector, back protector, spatting the ole' cleats, wearing high socks, gloves or sweat bands it's all a personal preference. I've even seen some teams do it in baseball. Here's a couple of pics of Randle's game face.
  11. No offense, because I think SC will take care of business Friday night and has for the last few years. But Beach and West's senior season of 2001, Ashland beat SC 42-0 and the Dawgs did much of the same with a final of 46-8. Not to bring this up to rub it in or to be rude. Both of those guys were very talented and much more talented than Bobby O., heck one of them is 4th string with the Packers.
  12. Actually the #19th QB in the nation, I've heard anywhere from #8 to 15. I've heard he's an All-American but according to ESPN and Scouts, INC. he's #19. That's still good. http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/prospects?reg=null&pos=QB&state=null&status=null&toggle=state&season=2007&set=20&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fprospects%3freg%3dnull%26pos%3dQB%26state%3dnull%26status%3dnull%26toggle%3dstate%26season%3d2007%26set%3d20
  13. Poorly officiated game, but Paintsville had their chances and shot themselves in the foot by not converting. Close ball game actually, can't really remember the halftime score but the game was tied 14-14 at one point. Daniel Pugh, left the game right before the half after turning his ankle. He returned after half time, but was really ineffective as he couldn't run well and was struggling to plant his throwing foot. The Tigers didn't convert on offense in the second half. Don't have stats, but for Paintsville Sublett played well had a couple good runs and caught a nice screen pass for about 15 yards as well as making some big plays on defense. Paintsville's offensive line has definitely improved from the first scrimmage until now so that's a plus. Paintsville played with a plethora of running backs in the game and all ran well including Sublett, Cantrell, Neimiah Doderer, Cody Reynolds and Cory Humphrey. The big QB for Fairview was a thorn in their side all night as he ran the ball and continued to carry defenders. Paintsville showed some bright spots and also show what they need to work on. Tigers keep your heads up, nothing to be ashamed of, work hard this week and rebound next week. Good luck to the Fairview Eagles the rest of the season.
  14. Nice message, Scribe
  15. To my knowledge Paintsville has know injuries going into the first game, but do have a few players banged up. But hey that's football! I think it's more like 28, but honestly what are good numbers for Paintsville?? Most of the time they only have sub-30 players on the roster. Yeah a new coach that's been in the system for over 10 years. I don't think they'll be terrible, I do think there is still a lot of kinks to be worked out on the offensive line. They're definitely not so bad that they couldn't rank in the Top 8 out of Mountain class A schools.
  16. Mountain Class A?? Okay who are the 7 teams in front of them. I agree with you they do not belong in the Mountain Top Ten, but I'd rank them #4 in the Mountains class A behind Pikeville, Somerset and Lynn Camp. I wouldn't go as far as to say he's the only player, Sublett and Cantrell both return from leading the defense in a few categories.
  17. I agree, and I'm glad you can say this. I wish the Panthers the best of luck and would love to see them give HC a game. They "gotta keep em' separated", Belfry and HC wasn't even a good game. They need to at least make the games competitive.
  18. Actually as gish said below, P-burg is broadcast on 95.5. The Tigers' games are on 94.7 with John Doug Miller, Coach Brugh, and Paintsville's new principal Bryan Auxier.
  19. I knew both of his boys pretty well, Daniel and the other's name slips my mind right now. Where are they at these days?
  20. I have a question about the contest Ru', can you enter more than one regional contest?? Is beat theguru anything like stump the Swabb??
  21. No it was Paintsville couldn't play Pikeville because they are in the same district. I didn't attend but heard Paintsville had a better showing early on than they did last week. Offensive line still being Paintsville's weakness, but the defense looked good in the goaline situational scrimmage. But the Rams, got the best of the Tigers after two of their starting linemen went out with injuries. Hope they are okay. Not making excuses, because hey it's part of football. I heard Frankfort was big and #7 stood out for them at DE/TE as well as them having a lot of team speed. Good luck next week to all teams involved.
  22. You're probably right, I knew I'd seen that call somewhere in a game but wasn't sure where. Thanks for the refresher BE. I'm going to gamble a bit and say final score 8-6 JC?
  23. I don't know, for some reason in the back of my mind somewhere not sure on what level, I was thinking this occurred at a game I attended and the refs ruled it as a fumble.
  24. In high school football, under the rules is the spike to stop the clock legal?
  25. Varsity was a 7-7 tie, Shelby Valley completed a long pass against an undersized sophomore defensive back for a score. Pugh had a long run for a score and Pugh added another long run later in the scrimmage but ran out of gas. With the younger guys in, Corey Humphrey had a run while running QB for a Paintsville score. Valley was big upfront, and wrecked havoc in the Paintsville backfield all-night. Both defenses looked solid. #27 for Shelby Valley stood out, has good speed. Ran Pugh down a couple of times and caught the lone SV score. Paintsville only threw the ball maybe 5 or 6 times and I look for them to put it in the air a lot more, but the Tigers completed 4 of those passes. Patrick Butcher ran the ball hard when the younger guys were in. Cody Reynolds had a couple of nice catches out of the backfield. Pugh, J.J. Hensley, Casey Brown and Kyle Sublett made some sticks on defense. Paintsville's backs hit the whole hard but after losing 5 of their top 6 offensive linemen from last year with inexperience that is expected. SV had 8 in the box all night and brought all 8. The young Tiger line, looked somewhat confused. Hopefully, they'll get some work in to figure out the assignments this week in practice and have a better showing this Friday. On a side note, SV QB left the game with an injury to his knee. Seen him after the scrimmage with ice on it but walking around. Hope he's alright.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.