Fairview 28 Paintsville 14

Booge

Poorly officiated game, but Paintsville had their chances and shot themselves in the foot by not converting. Close ball game actually, can't really remember the halftime score but the game was tied 14-14 at one point. Daniel Pugh, left the game right before the half after turning his ankle. He returned after half time, but was really ineffective as he couldn't run well and was struggling to plant his throwing foot. The Tigers didn't convert on offense in the second half. Don't have stats, but for Paintsville Sublett played well had a couple good runs and caught a nice screen pass for about 15 yards as well as making some big plays on defense. Paintsville's offensive line has definitely improved from the first scrimmage until now so that's a plus. Paintsville played with a plethora of running backs in the game and all ran well including Sublett, Cantrell, Neimiah Doderer, Cody Reynolds and Cory Humphrey. The big QB for Fairview was a thorn in their side all night as he ran the ball and continued to carry defenders. Paintsville showed some bright spots and also show what they need to work on. Tigers keep your heads up, nothing to be ashamed of, work hard this week and rebound next week. Good luck to the Fairview Eagles the rest of the season.

Good for the Eagles ... some in Lawrence Co are also likely smiling ...

Fairview Coach is a good football coach and person , easy to root for his program..

Believe it or not some of us here in LC are pulling for the tigers because they have one of are own playing for them and I for one wish them and Him all the best . All so for JC except for when they play us :p

Any football team that looses as many quality players as paintsville did to graduation is going to be in a rebuilding year. But for a 1A team like paintsville, it is even harder, and having a new head coach doesnt help either. But paintsville is paintsville, they are going to win 6 or 7 games this year and be in the playoffs.

Any football team that looses as many quality players as paintsville did to graduation is going to be in a rebuilding year. But for a 1A team like paintsville, it is even harder, and having a new head coach doesnt help either. But paintsville is paintsville, they are going to win 6 or 7 games this year and be in the playoffs.

:thumb: I agree xyience. Paintsville has a long standing tradition and they will be fine.

That has to be one of the best wins for Fairview in a long time. I went to Paintsville and I am upset but I know Paintsville will bounce back and contend with Pikeville. Congrats Fairview and good luck the rest of the season.

Best wins in a long time???? Are you joking???:confused: