Pikeville/Raceland scrimmage

oldram

The set-up was so many plays or so much time on the practice field and approx. 40 minutes nonstop clock on play field. my personal opinion raceland surprised them. defense looked good. offense started out a little rough on the short passes but came around. Two games on regular field one for 40 minutes aganist paintsville which we won and one aganist pikeville that was only 20 minutes due to time restrictions and score was 0 to 0. Most of this time we had our JV in. Denton ran some excellent runs. Boyles threw well for the jv. Our Varsity Defensive line looked good and i think they can look even better. Grizzle and Beach connected after a rough start. I am going to leave on that note to give others their opinion of the scimmage. Go Rams

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a little confusing at first. Our boys did not have on their numbers they wore orange jerseys just about everyone was in a different number then what they are. We didn't play Frankfort. From the ground all we heard was that Frankfort came in orange jerseys too and it was too confusing. I don't really know what the deal was because they had on blue helmets. but we were in the practice field with Paintsville and Pikeville and then on regular play with those two teams but not Frankfort.

Raceland fans should be proud. Much better showing this year.

Seriously someone said Franfort couldn't play someone in their series which I believe was Paintsville. I didn't see them scrimmage either so I guess that's the reason.

No it was Paintsville couldn't play Pikeville because they are in the same district. I didn't attend but heard Paintsville had a better showing early on than they did last week. Offensive line still being Paintsville's weakness, but the defense looked good in the goaline situational scrimmage. But the Rams, got the best of the Tigers after two of their starting linemen went out with injuries. Hope they are okay. Not making excuses, because hey it's part of football. I heard Frankfort was big and #7 stood out for them at DE/TE as well as them having a lot of team speed. Good luck next week to all teams involved.

I wasn't there but heard that the Rams played well all evening and that Clinton Thompson had a great game. Raceland fans were proud that the Rams held state ranked Pikeville so well. Way to go boys! Now carry that forward to Ashland next week.

I wasn't there but heard that the Rams played well all evening and that Clinton Thompson had a great game. Raceland fans were proud that the Rams held state ranked Pikeville so well. Way to go boys! Now carry that forward to Ashland next week.

:thumb: Going in to Putnam Stadium to play the Tomcats will be tough to say the least. That game is a very good indicator as to where we stand, what we have and need to work on.

That is good news. Glad they are playing well with the season opener right around the corner. Good job CT.

:thumb: Going in to Putnam Stadium to play the Tomcats will be tough to say the least. That game is a very good indicator as to where we stand, what we have and need to work on.

You are right oldrambler, the Tomcats will be a tough opponent. The Rams will have to play mistake free football. Good luck Rams!! Beat Ashland!!

The set-up was so many plays or so much time on the practice field and approx. 40 minutes nonstop clock on play field. my personal opinion raceland surprised them. defense looked good. offense started out a little rough on the short passes but came around. Two games on regular field one for 40 minutes aganist paintsville which we won and one aganist pikeville that was only 20 minutes due to time restrictions and score was 0 to 0. Most of this time we had our JV in. Denton ran some excellent runs. Boyles threw well for the jv. Our Varsity Defensive line looked good and i think they can look even better. Grizzle and Beach connected after a rough start. I am going to leave on that note to give others their opinion of the scimmage. Go Rams

Pikeville had quite a few starters out but theyre were some young ones that got quite a bit of experience.

I talked to one of the coaches and he said the Rams had a lot of good things happen but still had a lot of work to do. This was the answere I wanted to hear. It is way to early for a team to be contempt with what they are doing. Let's hope they have a great week of practice and stay focused one game at a time.

I hope the two Paintsville kids are not hurt bad and can come back for their opener and season just fine.:thumb:

:thumb: Same here oldrambler, I hate to see high school kids injured. I hope they recover from the injuries and have a great year.

I wish the injured players a speedy recovery. i also want to thank the compliments about clint thompson in behalf of his papaw colegrove. We are old buddies. He hasnt been able to get out and see his grandsons but says he is sure to be at the Ashland game. We have the highest regards for the Lacks family. I spoke with Clint this morning and he said that the linemen was really working hard but said they were all still making mistakes they needed to work on. He wanted to say thanks to some of the boys that has guided him both in football and fellowship. chris lacks, john calhoun, brian williams, Raymond and the boys on the line last year took clint underneath their wings. The coaches treat these boys just like they were their sons.Clints words were "we are family".