Johnson Central 35 South Point, OH 7

xyience

This was a great game by JC's defense. The whole defense won the bowl mvp. Great running by Shawn Grimm and Blake Johnson. Ian Welch and Nathan Dillion had several great runs. Trey Belhasen had a great interception. Good win for Johnson Central!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For anybody wondering about South Point's B Chris Smith, He is a good signal caller... but imo, there is no way he is the 8th ranked "or whatever poll you go by" qb in the nation.

He is the #1 QB in Ohio and not because of what his team does, but what he has done at QB camps over the last 2 years. This guy is the real deal on a very bad team.

For anybody wondering about South Point's B Chris Smith, He is a good signal caller... but imo, there is no way he is the 8th ranked "or whatever poll you go by" qb in the nation.

It's called not having an offensive line. He is the real deal.

He is the #1 QB in Ohio and not because of what his team does, but what he has done at QB camps over the last 2 years. This guy is the real deal on a very bad team.

That may be the case, he threw 3 interceptions. He had 1 passing td. He can scramble, I will give him that.

I don't know Xyience. I thought that was the best team we've seen in 2 scrimmages and 2 games. Smith can run and throw, and to be honest, I questioned their play calling. Tell me I didn't just see Belfry move up to number 2 in the WYMT Mountain Top 10 after losing to Ashland???????

I don't know Xyience. I thought that was the best team we've seen in 2 scrimmages and 2 games. Smith can run and throw, and to be honest, I questioned their play calling. Tell me I didn't just see Belfry move up to number 2 in the WYMT Mountain Top 10 after losing to Ashland???????

Like I said about south points qb, smith... imo. I was thinking the same thing about Belfry. The only thing the wymt mountain top 10 poll is for is discussion on bluegrasspreps.com :laugh:

Like I said about south points qb, smith... imo. I was thinking the same thing about Belfry. The only thing the wymt mountain top 10 poll is for is discussion on bluegrasspreps.com :laugh:

Had to be a mistake. The poll is subjective on their part, but that can't be right. Anyway, can't wait for Logan!!

I was really impressed with Smith. He just had no time to throw tonight. The one touchdown pass he had was amazing. He made at least 5 JC defenders miss then fired a seed across his body to the corner of the endzone. He has a cannon for an arm...I watched him throw from his knees on the 50 yard line to the back of the endzone in warmups.

Great job by the JC defense...150 total yards given up and only 89 through the air.

Ratliff looked good tonight as well. The long completion in the first quarter was one of the quickest releases I have seen in high school and was a perfect spiral.

Good win Eagles.

Good game by the Eagles tonight although i thought the Offensive was a little sluggish in the early parts of the game. The running game tonight was solid and very balanced with Johnson scoring 2TD's, Grimm 2TD's, and Dillon 1 TD. The defense was very solid tonight in picking Smith off 3 times but missed quite a few tackles which could be contributed to the pure strength and athletism of Smith. I think that he deserves all his rankings, did anyone else see him on a knee at the 50yd line and throwing into the endzone. This kid in my mind is the real deal but just isnt on a very good team, well good skill players but bad lineman. I think Marshall landed a very good recruit. Good game Eagles and good luck next week against Logan, WV at home in "The Nest" and good luck to the Pointers on the rest of your season.

Actually the #19th QB in the nation, I've heard anywhere from #8 to 15. I've heard he's an All-American but according to ESPN and Scouts, INC. he's #19. That's still good.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/prospects?reg=null&pos=QB&state=null&status=null&toggle=state&season=2007&set=20&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fprospects%3freg%3dnull%26pos%3dQB%26state%3dnull%26status%3dnull%26toggle%3dstate%26season%3d2007%26set%3d20