Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Apple Bowl

Featured Replies

Now enough with the cheating stuff. I think county kids went to P-ville, because it was a better program and easier to win in single A.

  • Replies 82
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have 3 days left to discuss this game before we start the game updates thread. Hopefully this thread will stay open until then.

 

With the way JC's football program is now... I look back on all the years Paintsville won and wonder how that happened?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I heard a couple of rumors and just want to know if anyone knows anything about it. I heard that this will be the last Apple Bowl. Is that true? I heard it last year as well. The other question is: Is Coach Allen gonna leave his varsity on the sidelines and just play his JV? If so, I don't think that would be wise.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I heard a couple of rumors and just want to know if anyone knows anything about it. I heard that this will be the last Apple Bowl. Is that true? I heard it last year as well. The other question is: Is Coach Allen gonna leave his varsity on the sidelines and just play his JV? If so, I don't think that would be wise.

I have it on good authority that the game has already been scheduled for next year, and it will be on the right date.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I heard a couple of rumors and just want to know if anyone knows anything about it. I heard that this will be the last Apple Bowl. Is that true? I heard it last year as well. The other question is: Is Coach Allen gonna leave his varsity on the sidelines and just play his JV? If so, I don't think that would be wise.

 

There will be an Apple Bowl next year, to the second question, we don't have a JV team LOL our varisty is our JV LOL 26 players on roster and several freshmen and shophmores play and start...I know Central is good, but its not exactly like PHS is going up against an NFL team. Why would he agree to renew the contract if he was going to play the JV? Use some common sense.

  • Author

Using JV would be silly, besides P-ville will put there best foot forward.

 

I think this game is more than just a rivaly. It is for town dominance. Here me out on this one. Everyone wants to play for a winner. I had friends in high school to switch to P-ville because everthing was going good for them and not to mention they was winning the apple bowl almost every year. Now I don't think the game will change a kids mine if he is loyal to one school, but if he is not sure which one he wants to go to then it might be a deciding factor. Just my opinion...

For some reason, I knew that the other thread would not last until game time.

For some reason, I knew that the other thread would not last until game time.

 

LOL...I will take the responsibility for that...sorry guys. I just hope that no one gets hurt in this game. But, I still hope JC hangs 100 on the Tigers. :sssh: :D

We have 3 days left to discuss this game before we start the game updates thread. Hopefully this thread will stay open until then.

 

With the way JC's football program is now... I look back on all the years Paintsville won and wonder how that happened?

 

Paintsville kept one coach for decades. Central changed coaches on a regular basis in their first twenty years. That's pretty much the story on how they built that early advantage.

LOL...I will take the responsibility for that...sorry guys. I just hope that no one gets hurt in this game. But, I still hope JC hangs 100 on the Tigers. :sssh: :D

 

I won't hope for a certain number, but I don't think any Eagle fan will ever feel bad about any touchdown that might happen to get scored by Central at any point in any Apple Bowl, ever.

Johnson Central is a 3A school. Paintsville is a 1A school. Johnson Central "SHOULD" win this game very year. They have over 4 times as many kids as Painstville. JC Fans should get more excited over the playoffs and making a big run, than this Apple Bowl game that they should win every year.

 

I give Coach Matney a big:thumb: for trying to get the JC faithful to look past the apple bowl as the most important game of the year. Face it, if you get more excited about beating a 1A school then you do about winning district, region, etc.. than you have your priorities out of wack.

 

Sure it's a local rivalry game, but some posters on here make it out to be the most important game of the year, and I'm sure Coach Matney would disagree. Get better each week and get ready for the playoffs. Good luck to JC the rest of the season as they prepare to make a run in the playoffs.

For some reason, I knew that the other thread would not last until game time.

 

 

And what makes it so funny is that I just about the only Tiger fan posting...and I think I have shown quite a bit of restraint :D

LOL...I will take the responsibility for that...sorry guys. I just hope that no one gets hurt in this game. But, I still hope JC hangs 100 on the Tigers. :sssh: :D

 

 

What would that prove? Matney has no class? Thats about all it would prove to me. If teams like, Belfry, Sheldon Clark, et al. can keep it respectable when they play teams like Magoffin Co. I don't see any reason why JC can't do the same; and you can't tell me that Belfry couldn't hang 100 on MC if they so desired.

The weather channel is giving a.m. showers and a high of 59 degrees for friday, with a chance 30% of precipitation.

 

I'm sure the forecast will change 15 times before friday, but the way it looks now, it is going to be a good night for the apple bowl.

And what makes it so funny is that I just about the only Tiger fan posting...and I think I have shown quite a bit of restraint :D

 

 

Yeah, why has all of your buddies quit socializing on BGP? I know that a few of them are on another site....My guess is, they get to say things and use language that is not allowed on here......

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.