Who had the hardest hit in hs football you have ever seen?

the wizzard

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy for me

Dooney Sizemore from Laurel County High School in the late 1970's against an opponent I cannot remember. It was on a kickoff and on the film, Dooney comes into frame and hits an opponent so hard that it literally flipped him over completely backwards. The player had to be carried off of the field. It was the nastiest but cleanest hit I have ever seen in high school football. Years later, the coaches would show that play to up and coming players to fire them up. Truthfully, it scared me to death.

I don't think it was the hardest hit, but it was certainly my favorite...

An All-American by every standard except in his physical presence, David Stopher was a 4.0, perfect student and multitalented young man. He stood about... eh, I'm a bad judge of height, but I'd say 5'10'' or 5'11'', a buck 65 or so (I'm an even worse judge of weight, but these measurements seem right). On the football field, he played safety, and while he wasn't the fastest or strongest, he certainly showed ALL of us that brain of his was capable of making his body more than it seemed during our sophomore year, JV game against Male (we won... I forget the score). He hit this guy hard enough to make everyone "Awww", but it wasn't the hit, it was the fact that HE made it. The player he hit was down, helmet off, and it took him a while to get to his feet. As he came up and walked off the field, he was still shooken up and fell on his way off... he was okay, which is good, but my goodness, if Stopher didn't prove something that day... it may have been the play that gave us the momentum to finish strong. He made a few other NICE hits in his time, but that was the first that came to my head.

It was 2002 and we (Male) were playing Highlands in a bowl game at Beechwood, when highlands was punting to Sergio Spencer. He came down the male sideline and all you see is a helmet fly in the air as Dale Baughman blind sided one of the highland players. Our whole sideline erupts not even worrying about the return we were juss celebrating the hit. The kid was completely knocked out ( and i have respect for him to get up that is were the respect lies). Highlands coaches rushed to our sideline saying it was a dirty hit but i have seen it many many times since and it was the hardest high school hit i have ever seen. Lets put it this way the Courier-Journal in louisville had it in their paper the next day were coach red said it was a NFL hit in high school, and better than most NFL hits.