Who had the hardest hit in hs football you have ever seen?

the wizzard

In the late 80s early 90s Sheldon Clark went to Williamson, WV and played. In that game with SC running a cover 2 and JD Damron playing saftey a wide out for Williamson ran a slant and JD lit him up as the ball got there. It was almost a movie stunt hit. Spit and sweat shot out of the face mask like a geyser and the hit was so hard that it knocked the Williamson boy out cold. JD got up took about 2 or 3 steps and passed out himself. It was a kill shot. It sounded like sombody shot off a shotgun.

It was JD's brother Brian Damron who laid the hit, I've seen it several times

and it was the best I've seen as well. Brian was notorious for never going for the ball and just trying to get the big hit. SC's secondary was loaded that year w/ Brian , Jesse Watts and Brad Tiller.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MAN I think I remember that! Anything before my junior year is usually kind of fuzzy, but Schultz was a BEAST. Legends are still told of him to this day.

Yeah, well, at least things weren't fuzzy for you because it was your assignment to block him in practice... :creepy:

Garrard Co. Vs. Harrodsburg 1996.. The running back from Harrodsburg (Dunn or JOnes kid) was hit by Aaron Ball on a Screen Pass. Knocked him out and Harrodsburg's state run was done. Harrodsburg won 14-13 even thought Garrard beat the state champs that year (beechwood) over at Admiral Stadium that year.... Garrard should have won state that year.... but that's the way the cookie crumbels...

That's the second-best Garrard hit in my memory. The best was GC vs. Harrodsburg in 1993 when LB Craig Arnold hit RB Henry Parks on a 4th down screen pass. GC won the game and the district crown. Later in the season, they went on to Bardstown where the previously undefeated Lions lost a heartbreaker in the regional title game by 14-13 in front of the biggest crowd and best atmosphere I've ever seen at a GC football game.

Yeah, well, at least things weren't fuzzy for you because it was your assignment to block him in practice... :creepy:

:laugh:

I think it's especially funny that you mention that, because that's one of those freshman moments I remember quite CLEARLY.

I'm being put in at scout linebacker or something ridiculous... he runs up to me, stops short of knocking me out, and headbutts me three feet backwards.

Hardest hit this year would have to go to Deidenhofer(sp)#11 on a punt return against DeSales Friday.The kid never saw it coming! (I don't think he got hurt)

I was standing about 25 feet away, and my hands went directly to my head hoping both kids would get up quickly!!!!! Couldn't believe that there could be that kind of impact in High School and nobody got hurt. Both players jumped up and started back to there respectful sidelines. It just the DeSales kid thought it was a home game. I could hear #11 from Highlands saying (Volkeswagen) while running off the field. Watch happy gilmore and you will know what i'm talking about. If someone were able to patch that clip of the game online would be a hero. It is definately worth it. :ylsuper: Maybe Stickymitts can get something done ;)

How could you forget about it :confused: I still shake and get a headache when I even think about it

Are we allowed to talk about that one, people may or may not have been blinded on that hit. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The hardest I saw personally was at Beechwood in a game between Male and Highlands. On a punt return, a guy from Male completely destroyed a guy from Highlands on a comeback block. The after the hit antics by both sides left a lot to be desired, but the hit itself was as vicious as I've seen in a High School game.

Vincent Tucker- -Paris High School vs. Dayton High School (1977 or 78?) I can't remember exactly. It was scary.

If there ever was a bigger hit in High School football than this one, I would hate to see it. Vincent Tucker was an animal, who because of a missed block had a clean shot on a super running back on a kickoff return. Dayton 8 Paris 6. The Dayton QB "The polish prince" Wrobleski. Tom Brown was the back, he himself was an animal. He came back from a broken jaw to personally dismantle Beechwood a few weeks later. I thought he was dead on the field. Dayton had some tough boys in those days

I didn't get to see it, (I'm going to get a copy of the tape) but I heard the hit that Adam Cannoy put on a Prestonsburg player was one of the biggest hits ever at Putnam Stadium.

I was right in front of that hit. The Prestonsburg player was on the ground for about 5 minutes. He got up and wobbled with help to the sidelines. The kid never saw it coming.