Everything posted by BFritz21
-
Schedules for NKY Teams 06
Anybody know CovCath's schedule for next year? I go into my class tonight, my teacher's like "I'm the Super-Intendant at Highlands High School," I'm like "Great, I don't feel akward at all." He's a pretty good guy though, and he joked about CovCath
-
Favorite Places to Play
I only played there as a young lad, and people probly won't mention this, but I always liked Dayton just cause you felt like you were in an arena (sorta)
-
Scott 55 Dixie 54 O.T
Because of solid defense, turnovers, and Dixie usually doesn't shoot that well, so being on fire doesn't mean lots of points. Thanks for the compliment on the insight and thank you even more for disrespecting me to such a large degree
-
Scott 55 Dixie 54 O.T
Dixie was on fire, they should have come out on top. Did anybody else notice how the rules for the game were "no blood, no foul"?
-
Surprise players in 06?
Agreed, they should be even better now that they're more used to the defense, it's designed for them to make plays If Kurt wasn't the best WR in NKY, he was top 2 or 3, but I think he was the best
-
Boone County @ CovCath 1/9/06
And Big Elfers as the color-commentor (honestly, I'm not real sure what the color part means, I just always hear announcers referred to as that)
-
Word around NKY has it that Yeagle....
I don't think it's a question of being able to get over the Louisville hump, I just think it's a question of when. Even if it wasn't right away, when kids see what he can do, tons of talent will come rolling into Ryle, and more kids will sign up to play
-
South Laurel 68 Beechwood 57
Wow, I never thought I'd see a solid Beechwood basketball team. I guess they're for real
-
Word around NKY has it that Yeagle....
Without the pressures of having to have great teams who just dominated at Beechwood and without the pressures of being head coach, I think Yeagle will return to his prime and Ryle will start making noise down state. Does anyone know or could anyone find out if Yeagle got the letter that I mailed to him about a week ago?
-
Dixie- Pretty Many Conner- Not As Much
It wasn't that close though, Dixie was up by over 20 just about the whole game til the fourth quarter
-
Dixie- Pretty Many Conner- Not As Much
Don't know an exact score. Dixie looked solid, Chev had the offense moving around a lot more and players were making things happen and hitting shots. Lawson wasn't stuck on the block as much, and he drove, had a bunch of assists, 18 points, 14 boards, almost a triple-double. When Dixie moves a lot, drives, and sets screens, they're a lot better
-
Conner/Dixie Predictions
Is it at Dixie? If they let Lawson make some things happen and don't put him down on the block making him idle, then Dixie wins big
-
Why is Highlands v Cov. Cath. a great rivalry?
And that has what to do with my comment? And if you don't think I've overcome anything, then that's your opinion, and I'm fine with it, but that has nothing to do with what I said. Alls I said was that the teachers at CovCath will do everything in their power to help a kid succeed. The more I look at it, the more mad I am, if anything, I was patting CovCath's teachers on the back
-
Why is Highlands v Cov. Cath. a great rivalry?
Apparantly, when my dad played, CovCath made the state finals, and should have won but the refs said he didn't get off a shot at the last second that went in to win. One of my teachers (from my 5th year at Dixie, not CovCath), my teacher said that he obviously got it off butt he refs wouldn't let them win because they were a Catholic school. Other people confirmed what he said, my dad didn't really comment
-
Why is Highlands v Cov. Cath. a great rivalry?
you should ask them why they were unable to properly prepare those students for the rigors of High school academics. That's what it has to do with your post. They could prepare anyone for high school academics, which is evident by them being able to help me, who has a brain injury which would make me much tougher to help than any normal kid. You may stop waiting
-
Why is Highlands v Cov. Cath. a great rivalry?
From personal experience, I can tell you that the teachers at CovCath will do everything in their power to prepare kids for college as well as for life, alls it takes is the kids' willingness to be helped and succeeed. I have a brain injury, and it was much worse while I was in high school, I worked hard and succeeded. If you'd like to show me any student with something as bad or worse than a brain injury that tried to succeed at CovCath but couldn't, I'd be happy to listen......... I'll wait
-
Covington Catholic / Beechwood Updates
Kinda wish I had gone now...............
-
Why is Highlands v Cov. Cath. a great rivalry?
R A, R A I, R A I D E R S........ RYLE........... RAIDERS Gracias, I feel like I'm on a boat in the middle of nowhere sometimes just getting bombs dropped on me.
-
Cov Cath vs. Beechwood Predictions
-
Why is Highlands v Cov. Cath. a great rivalry?
Somehow something I said got taken the wrong way and the more I try to fix it, the deeper I get. I'll put it this way- kids left CovCath when they had no real reason to
-
Surprise players in 06?
I've said that all along :thumb: He's fast, can cover, and he'll put a hit on anyone, no matter what size :ylsuper:
-
Why is Highlands v Cov. Cath. a great rivalry?
It was other students who told me about it, actually, every teacher had no comment. Just because someone isn't failing doesn't mean they're not struggling, and on a side not, they were not forced out because of race
-
Why is Highlands v Cov. Cath. a great rivalry?
I never said they were failing, NEVER, I said problems with academics and/or discipline, which I am friends with just about every, if not every teacher at CovCath at the time.
-
Why is Highlands v Cov. Cath. a great rivalry?
OK, that's the only one that you said was wrong. I can only remember 4 players who switched and played football in recent times. The first was somewhere between 96 and 98, he left for academic reasons as well as discipline problems (I know it was one of the two, but I think both). The other 3 were from the most recent pronbems. One of them left because he was struggling academically, then another left because he hit a kid in the face, and from what I hear, it was specifically so he'd get kicked out so he could go to Highlands with the friend I just mentioned. The 3rd also left because it got too hard academically, they were not "forced out"
-
Why is Highlands v Cov. Cath. a great rivalry?
Once again, if you'll look at every kid who switched from CovCath to Highlands and played football in recent times you'll find it to be true