Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cov Cath vs. Beechwood Predictions

Featured Replies

Blowout or can Romes & co. keep it a game? Everyone from both teams should be fired up for this one :ylsuper:

  • Replies 42
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Blowout or can Romes & co. keep it a game? Everyone from both teams should be fired up for this one :ylsuper:

 

While I think CovCath should beat Beechwood (on paper at least) rather easily, I must say that if I was Coach Listerman I would be very worried that my team takes Beechwood too lightly. With Romes (I am sure) having this game marked on his calendar since the schedule came out, you can never underestimate the heart, soul and just sure will of the opposing team in a game that they should lose (on paper at least).

 

As a fan of sports in Northern Kentucky, I will be listening to the game as I am sure the doors to the CovCath gym will be closed far to early for me to get in........

 

CovCath Internet Radio Network

I see a long night for Michael Romes. CCH will undoubtedly force him to give up the ball and take their chances with the other 4.

 

CCH by 15+ unless they are having an awful shooting night.

I'll throw this out to the CCH students: Lets remember that Romes was a former Colonel whose family is STILL big in CCH athletics.

I hear that the student body will be "paying tribute" to a former Colonel great.

I hear that the student body will be "paying tribute" to a former Colonel great.

 

Who?

 

 

When was the last time Beechwood beat CovCath in basketball? Have they ever?

I hear that the student body will be "paying tribute" to a former Colonel great.

 

 

It should be a good night to say the least.

I honestly hope Romes drops 20+ to get all the CCH naysayers off his back.

I honestly hope Romes drops 20+ to get all the CCH naysayers off his back.

 

What naysayers? I've heard nothing but compliments for Michael since he enrolled at Beechwood. Good kid. 99.9% of CCH folks are glad for his success. He has worked hard for it and is now seeing the benefits of that work.

  • Author
I honestly hope Romes drops 20+ to get all the CCH naysayers off his back.

I bet that he will. And I also think that CovCath will win by 20, and that the naysayers won't care about how many points he scored. Anyways everyone from CovCath that I have talked to about Romes is happy that he is enjoying the success that he has had.

I honestly hope Romes drops 20+ to get all the CCH naysayers off his back.

 

 

Just to echo the previous two posts, where are all of these naysayers?

The people I talk with wish the kid well.

Just to echo the previous two posts, where are all of these naysayers?

The people I talk with wish the kid well.

 

It doesn't matter, people hate CovCath so much they'll say anything to make CovCath look bad.

There was talk on this very board last year how he wasn't good enough to play at CCH. Now he has shown he is. Not just talking about this board, but its not like the only people from CCH i know on BGP members fellows.

 

Fritz hate is a strong word, but I have my reasons to get annoyed sometimes.

There was talk on this very board last year how he wasn't good enough to play at CCH. Now he has shown he is. Not just talking about this board, but its not like the only people from CCH i know on BGP members fellows.

 

Fritz hate is a strong word, but I have my reasons to get annoyed sometimes.

 

Romes has worked very hard (he always has) and has had a great career at Beechwood; however, it was fairly obvious that he was not going to get as much PT at CCH as he would at Beechwood.

 

I do not mean to slight Michael, his family, or anyone else, but I feel comfortable in saying that he would have most likely been a role player at Covington Catholic, as opposed to being "the man" at Beechwood. With that said, he deserves every award and all the recognition that he has gotten and will get - a harder worker there is not.

 

 

Michael is a great kid - he comes from a great family and has a lot of proud CCH alums as family members. Nobody at or around Covington Catholic wishes him any ill-will. As a matter of fact, I'd say that the majority of his fans are Covington Catholic fans at heart, since it doesn't seem like Beechwood basketball draws much attention.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.