Who had the hardest hit in hs football you have ever seen?

the wizzard

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony Mayes of Paintsville took the hardest hit, 1980 against Richmond Madison.

Mayes trying to get to the corner leaps a defender that was on the ground, and as he was coming down a LB(don't remember name) caught him just under the chin!!! :scared:

Mayes did get immediately up though......he took 2 steps before he collapsed! :eek: We thought he might die right there on the field!!! It was viscious!

It was 2002 and we (Male) were playing Highlands in a bowl game at Beechwood, when highlands was punting to Sergio Spencer. He came down the male sideline and all you see is a helmet fly in the air as Dale Baughman blind sided one of the highland players. Our whole sideline erupts not even worrying about the return we were juss celebrating the hit. The kid was completely knocked out ( and i have respect for him to get up that is were the respect lies). Highlands coaches rushed to our sideline saying it was a dirty hit but i have seen it many many times since and it was the hardest high school hit i have ever seen. Lets put it this way the Courier-Journal in louisville had it in their paper the next day were coach red said it was a NFL hit in high school, and better than most NFL hits.

I saw the film of that game my senior year when we were preparing to play Male, we replayed the hit over and over again, it was SICK. Hardest hit I've ever seen. To watch it in slow-mo you could see the Highland's player's facial expression as his helmet flew off, it was crazy. Very legal good hit but man, you really worried the kid might be hurt bad at first sight.

When I watched the KY-TN All-Star game this year, I saw Michael Mitchell knock the "you know what" out of Tennessee's QB. It looked awful! Then this season against Pendleton Co, my friend Josh Goodin was running down the field to tackle a guy when we punted it and he flatened the first blocker, then kept going and killed the returner. Those two would be my pick.

When I watched the KY-TN All-Star game this year, I saw Michael Mitchell knock the "you know what" out of Tennessee's QB. It looked awful! Then this season against Pendleton Co, my friend Josh Goodin was running down the field to tackle a guy when we punted it and he flatened the first blocker, then kept going and killed the returner. Those two would be my pick.

That wasn't Mitchell with the hit in the KY-TN All-Star game, but it was a Highlands player.