Who had the hardest hit in hs football you have ever seen?

the wizzard

It was 2002 and we (Male) were playing Highlands in a bowl game at Beechwood, when highlands was punting to Sergio Spencer. He came down the male sideline and all you see is a helmet fly in the air as Dale Baughman blind sided one of the highland players. Our whole sideline erupts not even worrying about the return we were juss celebrating the hit. The kid was completely knocked out ( and i have respect for him to get up that is were the respect lies). Highlands coaches rushed to our sideline saying it was a dirty hit but i have seen it many many times since and it was the hardest high school hit i have ever seen. Lets put it this way the Courier-Journal in louisville had it in their paper the next day were coach red said it was a NFL hit in high school, and better than most NFL hits.

I agree this was the hardest hit I have ever seen at at High School game. I also agree it was a legal hit. As you said the sidelines erupted, the problem was a young man lay motionless on the ground. I believe that is what upset most HHS fans and coaches.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vincent Tucker- -Paris High School vs. Dayton High School (1977 or 78?) I can't remember exactly. It was scary.

It was 1978 and Dayton won the game 12-8 but that was one of the most powerful hits I've ever seen in a game. Actually, the guy fumble the football but he got hit so hard the officials didn't see the Paris player pick the ball up and ran it in for a score. They just ran over to the Dayton player, It was awful. I've been wondering how that guy is doing today!

Garrard Co. Vs. Harrodsburg 1996.. The running back from Harrodsburg (Dunn or JOnes kid) was hit by Aaron Ball on a Screen Pass. Knocked him out and Harrodsburg's state run was done. Harrodsburg won 14-13 even thought Garrard beat the state champs that year (beechwood) over at Admiral Stadium that year.... Garrard should have won state that year.... but that's the way the cookie crumbels...

As Shania would say "That don't impress me much" running full speed and trucking an innocent by stander. It was a mugging reported on the 20 yard line and 4th street of Louisville.

The tape shows the ball hitting the crown of the defenders helmet on the play. The fact the Boone player was carted off made the situation more than it was...

The tape shows the ball hitting the crown of the defenders helmet on the play. The fact the Boone player was carted off made the situation more than it was...

Chris was fine he's as tough as they come. He just got back from Iraq he's a Marine infantryman with a purple heart. I would like to get those two guys together for a reinactment of that play and put it on CPC. Now that would be ratings! :ylsuper:

Chris was fine he's as tough as they come. He just got back from Iraq he's a Marine infantryman with a purple heart. I would like to get those two guys together for a reinactment of that play and put it on CPC. Now that would be ratings! :ylsuper:

Tell me about it...

:lol: