Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who had the hardest hit in hs football you have ever seen?

Featured Replies

If there ever was a bigger hit in High School football than this one, I would hate to see it. Vincent Tucker was an animal, who because of a missed block had a clean shot on a super running back on a kickoff return. Dayton 8 Paris 6. The Dayton QB "The polish prince" Wrobleski. Tom Brown was the back, he himself was an animal. He came back from a broken jaw to personally dismantle Beechwood a few weeks later. I thought he was dead on the field. Dayton had some tough boys in those days

 

 

So did Paris! :thumb:

  • Replies 107
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best hit I ever seen was Brandon Willis against the Knox Central Panthers Brandon Willis layed a crack block to the young player and the result of the hit was a broken collar bone and a mild concussion.

I didn't get to see it, (I'm going to get a copy of the tape) but I heard the hit that Adam Cannoy put on a Prestonsburg player was one of the biggest hits ever at Putnam Stadium.

LRCW, this hit was good and legal, but it was over hyped by the Ashland faithful. I was there and saw the hit. As old as that stadium is I would doubt that this is one of the hardest hits, but maybe so. This hit was on a small freshman player that is very talented and tough as nails. JMO :ylsuper:

I saw quite a few watching Breathitt County over the years.

 

Two that stand out

 

1 - Jeremiah Chapman, a 5-8 160 lb CB, intercepted a pass against Whitesburg. During the runback, a Whitesburg O-lineman (pretty good sized guy) was closing in to make the tackle and instead of running out of bounds, Chapman just lowered his head and literally ran over the guy.

 

2- John Rader - When Breathitt played Erlanger Lloyd in the '95 playoffs they had a great WR, Charles Sheffield (I think). He came across the middle on one play and Rader drilled him from the MLB position. It's a hit you've seen a thousand times over the years at every level, but its always great.

In the 99 Cov Cath-Beechwood game, I went up to pick off a pass, and Preston Long about broke my ribs. Not the hardest or best hit ever, but it wasn't too shabby (looked like it hurt, I don't remember because the wreck was the night after the game)

 

But did you actually see the hit? :lol:

 

Or just feel it? :lol:

Was that on a kickoff?

No it was on a Doug Howard sweep and I took an angle on him in which I wish I wouldn't have done after.. BTW... He went out of bounds and to the ground also so I was credited with the tackle.... ;)

Brian Urlacher in the commercial he is in with Mike Vick and Ladainian Tomlinson. :eek:

WOW....

Haha... was there a hit in that game all I remember is a cheap shot :irked:

 

It certainly wasn't CHEAP. Early? a little...But it was a good one, I'll never forget it.

I would like to get those two guys together for a reinactment of that play and put it on CPC. Now that would be ratings! :ylsuper:

 

 

That would be kind of cool to see.

I saw quite a few watching Breathitt County over the years.

 

Two that stand out

 

1 - Jeremiah Chapman, a 5-8 160 lb CB, intercepted a pass against Whitesburg. During the runback, a Whitesburg O-lineman (pretty good sized guy) was closing in to make the tackle and instead of running out of bounds, Chapman just lowered his head and literally ran over the guy.

QUOTE]For a second I thought you were talking about someone I knew, but it was Wireman from Breathitt, and the guy that tackled him didn't get ran over.

LRCW, this hit was good and legal, but it was over hyped by the Ashland faithful. I was there and saw the hit. As old as that stadium is I would doubt that this is one of the hardest hits, but maybe so. This hit was on a small freshman player that is very talented and tough as nails. JMO :ylsuper:

 

It seems by the reaction of your coach and the fact that the referees suspended the rest of the half due to emotions that some others might disagree with you

 

Woody Jr

MANY Northeast KY fans would probably say Ashland's 75 JAWS team playing Bryan Station(their glory years) in the playoffs.

 

Help me Cats fans if I got any details wrong

 

 

Rick Sang was returning a punt down the home sidelines for a TD right in front of the Ashland fan section. A BS player had the angle and was just about to tackle Sang when Chuck Anderson (QB/LB - YES, QB/LB!!) peeled back and destroyed the kid. Helmet rolled to the wall and a hush fell over the stadium. The kid did not get up and went out in an ambulance as I recall.

 

If I've embelished this with age please feel free to say so, but until Cannoys hit this year there has never been anything close to Chucks hit that night IMO.

(Chuck & Greg Jackson went on to West Point and he's now a high rank - general??)

 

Lets hear some corraboration from you old(er):sssh: Tomcats. :dancingpa

 

Cheers, Woody Jr

Neil Cooper knocking Conner's qb through the fence onto the track at S.K. in 03

 

 

Can you say late hit and cheap shot? Those don't count as big hits

What about that hit that Ashland kid laid on that P-burg kid last week. Nasty.

 

 

I was the covering official on that play, it was the hardest hit I've ever seen. Knocked him out of his shoe.

LRCW, this hit was good and legal, but it was over hyped by the Ashland faithful. I was there and saw the hit. As old as that stadium is I would doubt that this is one of the hardest hits, but maybe so. This hit was on a small freshman player that is very talented and tough as nails. JMO :ylsuper:

 

I was the covering official on that play, it was the hardest hit I've ever seen. Knocked him out of his shoe

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.