Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

JumperPride

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by JumperPride

  1. I have to disagree with you on this one. Cole WILL PLAY AT VANDY and will be productive. I don't believe people truly believe what kind of player he is. He is one that wants to be good and works great at doing it. He plays hard and workouts every mourning. I think he will be good at Vandy and be productive. I'm sure some people said Earl Bennett would be aweful when Vandy signed him and he turned out to be the best reciever in the SEC.
  2. I have to disagree with you on this one. Cole WILL PLAY AT VANDY and will be productive. I don't believe people truly believe what kind of player he is. He is one that wants to be good and works great at doing it. He plays hard and workouts every mourning. I think he will be good at Vandy and be productive. I'm sure some people said Earl Bennett would be aweful when Vandy signed him and he turned out to be the best reciever in the SEC.
  3. We wouldn't give the schools from Trinity or St. X a run for there money. We would be very strong though. They would still have more players then we would and would be more athletic as they always are.
  4. The field was not painted green. They wouldnt do that. That was grass that was just put down wed. As for the food aspect. Somerset was not fed afterthe game as we have not been for the last 4 years. Rockcastle was fed but there own Boosters paid for it I believe. I can't speak for Southwestern because I dont know. But I dont think they were fed either. There has never been food distributed to the teams after the game. Its not like the schools live 45 minutes away. They live in the county. They can be like Somerset and go get themselves food after the game.
  5. No he is done playing football. He is attending a small college in Georgia. I really couldn't tell you if they have a football team.
  6. It is a great win for the Jumpers they beat Danville. Witten was not on the hill for this one though so we will have to see how this holds up if they were to meet in region.
  7. Let's just get one thing straight. CHASE ALL WILL BE FINE FILLING THE SHOES OF ROSS DEATON. I am tired of everyone bringing up this question. If anyone watched somerset football 2 years ago you saw Chase was a good quareterback. I dont think the Jumpers could have beat Lynn Camp without Hall last year. He is a very smart quarterback that will make up for his what you all say lack of arm strength. Also I don't know if you happened to watch Somerset at all in 2006. John Cole caught the ball if it was thrown anywhere in his direction. He is hands down the best reciever in the state. I'll take his speed, skills, and work ethic over anybody. So in closing I think we need to forget about Ross Deaton he has graduated and Chase Hall will take over. He will do just fine also.
  8. The team did not lose the chance to go to state. They played a make up game after this decision and they lost. They lost big too. However I think this is a rule but honestly who would enforce it. They dont seem to enforce it when David Ortiz does it everytime he has a walk off. I wouldt be the ump to enforce it.
  9. John Cole doesn't need 20 pounds he is very big up close and a strong athlete he is I believe 3rd or 4th on the team in bench. He is very quick and does everything as hard as he can. He doesnt need weight he needs height about 2 more inches with his speed he would by far be the best. Chase Hall has also gotten stronger he will be fine in the quarterback spot. Kenny Hughes will probably be doing the work out of the backfield much like last year. John Coomer should even be better then last year. Toward the end of the season you saw how good he is. John Cole of course at the other side who will be there offensive weapon. The 2 Senior linemen who have played since there sophomore year. Tyler Cobb at center and Jordan Gossett at tackle will lead the group up front. Expect Michael Phelps to start at the other tackle spot. Then all the sophomores will make up the rest. You dont know what you will see maybe Billy Roberts, Jake Williams, Cody Smith, or Andrew Salmons. CJ Megargel should have a very good year at the Tight End position. He is a very good blocker that can come out and catch passes. This is usually the strong point of the Jumpers and I dont see why the line can't be this year. You know they will be very well coached. The defensive side is a little harder to fix. The D Line will consist of Will Wilson, Michael Phelps, CJ Megargel, Tyler Cobb, Jordan Gossett, and Billy Roberts will all be in the mix going into the season. The Linbacker spots will be filled by Kenny Hughes, Chad Shoemaker, Scott Spears, John Coomer, and Jake Williams should be regulars at that postion. The Secondary will be a good spot. Should see John Cole at one corner and second year player and Senior Justin Oursler will be at the other corner. This kid will be something he is very smart and picks up on things very quickly I want to see how he plays. Then Fitzpatrick and maybe Ottie Manning at the Safets I dont know yet. Will Wilson will be filling in for John Wright at Kicmking and Kenny Hughes will be Punting.
  10. Of Course being biased here Jay Cobb has taught me a lot of lessons. He is probably the smartest man I have ever been around. He treats every practice I believe as a lesson in life. He some how always relates something on the field to something in life. i think i am a better man because of him. I have also seen him take players that have come in with nothing and could just blow off education. Graduate from high school and even college. He turns young boys into responsible men. I respect him more then any coach in the country.
  11. Great game to watch. Southwestern did a good job of containing Price who only had 1 point on the night. I thought they should have fed the ball to Tyler Bourne more but o well. Wallen stepped it up tonight even though that mistake he still played well and that shouldnt reflectthis game there was far more mistakes. Cole played really well despite what people think. He is a great athlete. I really liked what Moody did tonight he played really well you can tell he wanted it badly. Southwestern wanted it more they never lost focus and played well. This team can shoot the 3 at anytime. Great game and best of luck to SWHS.
  12. I think that his game against Newport Central Catholic was his last football game. He hasn't been working out or making any strives to get ready for college. I say we seen the end of a great quarterback who just wasn't given a chance.
  13. West Jessamine Lincoln County Boyle County Southwestern Lincoln Boyle County Lincoln Miller
  14. Somerset is the most dissapointing team this far. They were a favorite to some people to win the region. They have been sub .500 most of the year. Some games they look great but other times they look terrible. I don't know about them.
  15. I agree completely. Somerset did nothing good tonight. Nothing to hang there hat on it was almost like they was glad they made it to the finals. Terrible game. The score doesn't reflect how bad this game was. The Jumpers could not rebound hardly anybody followed there shot. The free throw line was aweful to them all night. It was almost like PC would let them back in the game they could really flip the switch whenever they wanted to and take a commanding lead. Even they couldnt coach to P.C.'s level. The Maroons had a gameplan and stuck to it. They handled all situations and never went off there gameplan. I don't know about heart. I seen heart against Casey but not against the Maroons. I don't know thyey show up they can win region. I just hope that they are not just content with getting to Region.
  16. John Cole wasn't t'd up he just fouled John Perkins on the play and Perkins gave him a elbow. That is why he shot the 2 free throws.
  17. I would drop the Briar from the Briar Patch and just call it THE PATCH. Kind of itimidating like THE Pit.
  18. Wow that is amazing. He will put up big numbers the older he gets.
  19. The fans, the experiance the fact your the only game that night. You don't split time with other sports it is one team and one night. The fun of going out there the thought that you feel like a pro cause your the only people they see.
  20. No ne compares to COV CATH so im going with them.
  21. I want to say Somerset. They are a good team that has shown they can play with the best in the region. The key word being CAN PLAY! They don't winthey just play the teams close. I want to say Somerset because what there capable of but seeing them in close games this year it hasn't turned out to good. McCreary Central by 3.
  22. Proffitt played well the first half. someset looked to make it a pretty interesting game after the first quarter. However the streak of bad luck and blown games coninued to hurt the Jumpers. The went about 3 minutes without hitting anything and South making everything. Proffit had 18 in the 1st half and was knocking 3's down that was pretty crazy shots. This South Laurel team is good however im afriad they might rely to much on the 3 don't know how it will do touney time. Just thought you should know Somerset is 0-2 since the All A.
  23. Well Petrino will be the QB. I can't see Ammons really being a QB in college he will be a DB. This is a great thing for Georgetown though. They recruit very well.
  24. They havent mentioned anything about Lincoln and Somerset.
  25. That man would be Ryan Jamison. He was a great athlete. He is part of the 1,000 point club in basketball. He went to Western to play baseball. He was a true talent. Wish we could have had him on the football field might have won a few more ball games that year.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.