Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

PC's Hines Upset With Bowl

Featured Replies

  • Replies 80
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the most part I think I do agree with him.

 

Not having a lockerroom for a team to change into for two years in a row is bush. At least let them go to the baseball lockerrom there at the baseball field to change into their uniforms.

The writer could've at least talked to Bob Tucker or Jay Cobb for the story in an effort to get both sides of the story …

I think this guy has big mouth wasn't he the one bad mouthing Kaelin Ammons last year?

For the most part I think I do agree with him.

 

Not having a lockerroom for a team to change into for two years in a row is bush. At least let them go to the baseball lockerrom there at the baseball field to change into their uniforms.

 

Have to agree with you Statman? Maybe Mr. Sears needs to spend more time tending to his tourney and the Somerset facilities, than sending memos to everyone trying to organize a private school boycott?? Sounds like a bad joke!!

The writer could've at least talked to Bob Tucker or Jay Cobb for the story in an effort to get both sides of the story …

My thoughts exactly! I'm sure that old Johnny has known the condition of the field for some time now and the circumstances around it. His statement on the field was an after the fact jab in the face. :fight: His complaining about walking around the field to get to the other side is just sorry. I've been to several stadiums around the state with the SAME exact setup--Danville being 1st that comes to mind. You don't hear any complaining about there setup. As for the locker rooms, I don't know lets let Cobb or Tucker comment on that and I'm sure they will! My suggestion is if Johnny doesn't like it then just don't play in it. :thumb: Somerset can play a top notch out of county team and Southwestern will be happy to do the same.

Have to agree with you Statman? Maybe Mr. Sears needs to spend more time tending to his tourney and the Somerset facilities, than sending memos to everyone trying to organize a private school boycott?? Sounds like a bad joke!!

 

Somerset has some one of the better football facilities in the state. Have you ever been here? Lets leave Sears out of this arguement. Unless Johnny has been in a cave it's no secret here in Somerset that the field was redone in early June. The field would have been in great shape but we had some bad turn of events. Johnny was just jabbing Somerset in the face after his victory. Although it's not in great shape I have seen worse fields.

Somerset has some one of the better football facilities in the state. Have you ever been here? Lets leave Sears out of this arguement. Unless Johnny has been in a cave it's no secret here in Somerset that the field was redone in early June. The field would have been in great shape but we had some bad turn of events. Johnny was just jabbing Somerset in the face after his victory about the field. Although it's not in great shape I have seen worse fields.

 

I'd think the lack of a dressing area would be of more concern than the field condition?? At least give them a classroom or something?? Concerning Sears, if he choses to constantly bring attention to himself like he does; you'd better expect the attention it brings!!

These comments were made for three reasons:

 

A. Hines was upset about Cobb's "Superbowl" comments following the game.

 

B. The folks at Pulaski want a shot at hosting the Correll Bowl once their stadium is complete.

 

C. Hines is trying to goad Somerset into playing again next year for obvious reasons.

Just as an FYI.........Bellevue came dressed and had no lockerroom until 1/2 time at the Newport Bowl. And it was a great event!!!!!!!

 

These things happen in bowl games.

I'd think the lack of a dressing area would be of more concern than the field condition?? At least give them a classroom or something??

 

I agree on the dressing area problem. But until someone from Somerset either it be Sears, Cobb, or Tucker comments on the situation I'm not going to comment on it.

B. The folks at Pulaski want a shot at hosting the Correll Bowl once their stadium is complete.

 

This will not happen. The Ray Correll Bowl is Somerset's bowl and in part is put on by the Somerset Football Booster Club and The Varsity Club. Ray Correll played at Somerset not PC.

Interesting article.

These comments were made for three reasons:

 

A. Hines was upset about Cobb's "Superbowl" comments following the game.

 

B. The folks at Pulaski want a shot at hosting the Correll Bowl once their stadium is complete.

 

C. Hines is trying to goad Somerset into playing again next year for obvious reasons.

 

Last I checked Ray Correll graduated from Somerset.

Last I checked Ray Correll graduated from Somerset.

Obviously it wouldn't be called the Correll Bowl. Pulaski (and SW for that matter) would like to host Somerset at their fields for a change, instead of Somerset making all the cash.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.