PC's Hines Upset With Bowl

Actually no SHS players are fed before the game and not after. Even on road trips they have give only a sack lunch mean on the trip home. Now once again I have no idea what the deal is before games or what Jay and Johnny talked/agreed on. If a mean is part of the deal then yes be upset if not or was told it was not wanted or needed then there you go.

The field was pretty bad. More of a Dust Bowl, than a Ray Correll Bowl.

And if Somerset said they would feed the PC team after the game, they should have. I'm sure those PC kids were just as hungry as the SHS kids, and I'm sure the SHS kids got fed. Everyone should be treated the same. Whether it be a locker room, a meal, or whatever. Do that, and there shouldn't be any backlash. This is what gives schools bad names and causes animosity between the organizations.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only valid points that Hines made was that Cobb downplayed the game for SHS and elevated what it meant to the Maroons. This game will always mean alot to everyone in Pulaski County.(I will miss the Rock game in 2009 just to see the rematch.) The other point is that SHS has had and continues to have 1 if not the weakest District and Region schedules in any Class over the past 6 years.

Why would Hines need a locker room? PC is less than a mile from Somersets field and they could dress in their own locker room, load a bus for 5 minutes, and go play. The only team that actually needed a locker room to dress in is Rockcastle.
I wondered about that myself, knowing the two schools are close to each other.

Still, if Pulaski played the second game, they would have to monitor the radio and/or find out by cellphone when the previous game was about to end if they were planning to bus over ... otherwise, they're just sitting there in the stands, in the heat and in uniform, waiting for it to end.

I would still say that if Somerset wants to host a bowl game, it should have dressing areas available for the visiting teams.

Actually no SHS players are fed before the game and not after. Even on road trips they have give only a sack lunch mean on the trip home. Now once again I have no idea what the deal is before games or what Jay and Johnny talked/agreed on. If a mean is part of the deal then yes be upset if not or was told it was not wanted or needed then there you go.

OK, OK, so NEITHER team got fed. But if Somerset said they would feed PC, and then decided that it was too late, or whatever, they should have made other arrangements so the kids could have been fed. That's all I have to say about that.

No matter where the Bowl game/games are played, the HOST team should be hospitable to ALL the visiting teams, even if they don't like them. Be accomodating. That isn't too much to ask.

Although the Ray Correll Bowl is very good for the community, I'm ready for Southwestern and PC to break away and have their own bowl game. Southwestern should be ready year after next, when the upgrades on the bleachers and the press box will be finished. Also, it will be nice to play on the new turf field too. Just my opinion though. I am allowed that, right?

The only valid points that Hines made was that Cobb downplayed the game for SHS and elevated what it meant to the Maroons. This game will always mean alot to everyone in Pulaski County.(I will miss the Rock game in 2009 just to see the rematch.) The other point is that SHS has had and continues to have 1 if not the weakest District and Region schedules in any Class over the past 6 years.

Yeah, if I'm a Somerset fan, I would be more upset with the "big game" comment than anything else.

PC was not fed. Somerset was not fed either. It was 2:45 AM when the game was over.

Rock was not fed either, well not by Somerset anyway. Rock's administration delivered 30 pizza's to the locker room after the game, they were already waiting on the players after the game. Somerset had no involvment in that. Also it mentions in the article that Somerset may decide to play PC next year. It is already a 2 year contract, PC plays Rock next year and Somerset plays SWHS.

I bleieve you are correct

Rock was not fed either, well not by Somerset anyway. Rock's administration delivered 30 pizza's to the locker room after the game, they were already waiting on the players after the game. Somerset had no involvment in that. Also it mentions in the article that Somerset may decide to play PC next year. It is already a 2 year contract, PC plays Rock next year and Somerset plays SWHS.

When you combine Johnny Hines' comments with the disgusting behavior of the Pulaski fans (cheering RAUCOUSLY when John Cole got hurt) I am truly disappointed that this lack of class overshadows PC's football team. Let's play some stinkin' football and quit trying to diss everyone.

When you combine Johnny Hines' comments with the disgusting behavior of the Pulaski fans (cheering RAUCOUSLY when John Cole got hurt) I am truly disappointed that this lack of class overshadows PC's football team. Let's play some stinkin' football and quit trying to diss everyone.

Very well said! It wasn't just the fans but some of the players also. This attitude starts at the top.

I'd think the lack of a dressing area would be of more concern than the field condition?? At least give them a classroom or something?? Concerning Sears, if he choses to constantly bring attention to himself like he does; you'd better expect the attention it brings!!

I agree 100%! :thumb:

After some checking into the issue of dressing. Since the 2004 Ray Correll Bowl PC has shown up on the bus dressed ready to go out on the field as has SWHS. Rock in this case, but also Danville and Russell Co when they where in the bowl got the other locker room to dress in as they had the furtherset distance to the bowl. How this is an issue with Johnny driving all of what I think 1500 feet is beyond me. Its not like when the lighting delay happened he was told to stand out in the rain. No he used the locker room which was empty from the first game. He also used the same locker room for his halftime so there we go.

I'd think the lack of a dressing area would be of more concern than the field condition?? At least give them a classroom or something?? Concerning Sears, if he choses to constantly bring attention to himself like he does; you'd better expect the attention it brings!!

Just as an FYI.........Bellevue came dressed and had no lockerroom until 1/2 time at the Newport Bowl. And it was a great event!!!!!!!

These things happen in bowl games.

And Bellevues field and locker room is about 150 yards from Newport's field .