PC's Hines Upset With Bowl

And this has what to do this?? Pulaski would have been out of this several years ago but Johnny was told by the Super he would stay in it. Tucker told Pulaski on wednesday night they would have locker room space. I am not quite sure the article should have been the main one in sports today. I have checked around, expecting Pulaski admin. to be unhappy with it but have heard nothing negative.

AS for the private school stuff, and I know this is off the subject, but don't be surprised if Pulaski and SW won't be allowed to schedule privates next year.

:fight:

Hines says he wants the Ray Correll Bowl to be played at PC once, it can't happen because Ray Correll is a Somerset legend. PC should host a bowl after someone they consider a legend.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh: I have been around Coach Hines for many years now and he has more class than anyone I know in this town. Somerset is taught from the day they start school that they are better than the county kids, which is a joke! Jay Cobb and the rest of his staff all the way through middle school cant handle getting beat by the county schools. When Pulaski had Cole Draughn they wouldn't play, saying " the trophy is where it belongs ". My guess is they wont play again for awhile.

My turn. Since I have alot of respect for Johnny Hines' gameplan against the Jumpers and the success his team had on Friday, you can't take the victory away from the kids any way you look at it. Yes the conditions weren't the best (for any of the 4 teams) and the locker room situation was what it was BUT I'm saddened by Coach Hines' remarks on behalf of the program. It was tasteless at best and to the point of classless. It was obvious that the SHS was to blame for lack of preparation but these kids have played with and against each other for many years all for the love of the game.

Following PC football for years, I can say that we haven't done a great job of accommodating the fans/ teams either. Until now all of our visitors walked the track to sit in bleachers they couldn't even see from. Let's be honest here, the best venue for the CORRELL BOWL is the SHS stadium. First, Ray Correll wasn't anything but a Jumper. Second, everyone had the opportunity to have a great seat for the games.

Personally, I thought both teams were pitiful on defense and neither should be too proud of their effort.

Also, to see our fans and players overly excited about an injured player does reflect leadership. Would we have been upset if Winston went down or Chris Muse and the fans on the other side went crazy? Something to think about. Should we expect Somerset to come out in 2 years and try to hurt Muse?

For the record, didn't Chris play in Somerset's feeder program as a youth? These kids like each other more than the adults. It was a great victory on the field but the saddest day for PC football. Apologies should be in order, but there's too much pride in the way. Both sides.:cry:

All of your post have been class acts and this is no exception. :thumb: If others would take their blinders off for a moment they would also see that Johnny has crossed the line on this one.