PC's Hines Upset With Bowl

I don't think that was meant to be an offer, it was a public/private swipe that has no business in this thread.[/Quote] Lighten up AJG . Not that way at all. I love to take the trip down there . My daughter -in-laws family has a cabin near there and it is in a beautiful part of the State . I would get to stay in the cabin and root for the Breds and that would be a plus . I added Holy Cross because they would be a good opponent too . Guess I should have said Highlands . If I wanted to be sarcastic I would have added an emoticon .

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The field was not painted green. They wouldnt do that. That was grass that was just put down wed. As for the food aspect. Somerset was not fed afterthe game as we have not been for the last 4 years. Rockcastle was fed but there own Boosters paid for it I believe. I can't speak for Southwestern because I dont know. But I dont think they were fed either. There has never been food distributed to the teams after the game. Its not like the schools live 45 minutes away. They live in the county. They can be like Somerset and go get themselves food after the game.

The field WAS painted green in the worst spots, saw the man walking around spraying it myself.

If PC wants to host a bowl, next year should be the first annual Draughn bowl?

And this has what to do this?? Pulaski would have been out of this several years ago but Johnny was told by the Super he would stay in it. Tucker told Pulaski on wednesday night they would have locker room space. I am not quite sure the article should have been the main one in sports today. I have checked around, expecting Pulaski admin. to be unhappy with it but have heard nothing negative.

AS for the private school stuff, and I know this is off the subject, but don't be surprised if Pulaski and SW won't be allowed to schedule privates next year.

:fight:

The field WAS painted green in the worst spots, saw the man walking around spraying it myself.

The paint could've been the white line markings, something for the white lines to adhere to, or maybe they didn't want the pictures from the game to look like the lake at PC Park did the last time I was in Somerset. I didn't see what they were painting. You probably didn't either. Who cares? Somerset and PC played on the same field that has been under construction for the whole summer. If anything, Somerset's renovation of that playing surface will benefit opponents. The field was resurfaced to fix the crown in the middle. I'm not a botanist nor an expert on paint, and I also don't know what exactly they were painting, if it was paint, or why they may've been painting. You most likely don't either. Who cares? Personally, I'm amazed at the swiftness with which this problem was fixed and how nice it will be when it's done. I'm terribly sorry that Somerset with it's 500-strong student body doesn't have the funding capacity to get things done quick enough to provide a sufficient playing surface for the Maroons. I'm sorry that mother nature didn't give us any hope of reaching full growth potential. (Hottest summer I can recall) I guess we should've boycotted NCC for having to share their field with Newport in 2005 and then us coming up there in 5 degree weather to play on rock solid dirt and an endzone with part of the track coming through it and for it being too cold. The fact of the matter is that the Breds beat us on the frozen dirt and they went home. They don't have the greatest field, but they have great kids, fans, and they sure do play some good football on it. Not everyone has the enrollment for funding or boosters like PCHS. What's coming next from the Maroon camp in the CJ? "PULASKI PLAYERS POISONED BY JUMPER SPRAY PAINT" Let's argue about something at least half way worth arguing about.

The field was not painted green. They wouldnt do that. That was grass that was just put down wed.

Must have been green mold on the dirt.:confused:

I was on the field prior to the game and yes their was green dirt. Not all of the dirt was green.

The field was in bad shape. But it was playable and I saw two great games.

Even if it was painted what does that matter? The coaches of all 4 schools were consulted in the 2 weeks leading up to the game and advised of the field's conditions and had the opportunity to inspect the field before the go ahead was made to play the game. If Hines had any objections why weren't they made then?

No response to post #57? How did Cobb throw his team under the bus? His quotes are right there. As far as I can tell he only blamed his own coaching.
An honest forthright coach . I bet he has his team ready for next weeks game .

My turn. Since I have alot of respect for Johnny Hines' gameplan against the Jumpers and the success his team had on Friday, you can't take the victory away from the kids any way you look at it. Yes the conditions weren't the best (for any of the 4 teams) and the locker room situation was what it was BUT I'm saddened by Coach Hines' remarks on behalf of the program. It was tasteless at best and to the point of classless. It was obvious that the SHS was to blame for lack of preparation but these kids have played with and against each other for many years all for the love of the game.

Following PC football for years, I can say that we haven't done a great job of accommodating the fans/ teams either. Until now all of our visitors walked the track to sit in bleachers they couldn't even see from. Let's be honest here, the best venue for the CORRELL BOWL is the SHS stadium. First, Ray Correll wasn't anything but a Jumper. Second, everyone had the opportunity to have a great seat for the games.

Personally, I thought both teams were pitiful on defense and neither should be too proud of their effort.

Also, to see our fans and players overly excited about an injured player does reflect leadership. Would we have been upset if Winston went down or Chris Muse and the fans on the other side went crazy? Something to think about. Should we expect Somerset to come out in 2 years and try to hurt Muse?

For the record, didn't Chris play in Somerset's feeder program as a youth? These kids like each other more than the adults. It was a great victory on the field but the saddest day for PC football. Apologies should be in order, but there's too much pride in the way. Both sides.:cry:

Since Veso did the field and the last time they were there was Wed before the game and they didn't dye the field green I don't know who or what you saw a person paint anything green.

My turn. Since I have alot of respect for Johnny Hines' gameplan against the Jumpers and the success his team had on Friday, you can't take the victory away from the kids any way you look at it. Yes the conditions weren't the best (for any of the 4 teams) and the locker room situation was what it was BUT I'm saddened by Coach Hines' remarks on behalf of the program. It was tasteless at best and to the point of classless. It was obvious that the SHS was to blame for lack of preparation but these kids have played with and against each other for many years all for the love of the game.

Following PC football for years, I can say that we haven't done a great job of accommodating the fans/ teams either. Until now all of our visitors walked the track to sit in bleachers they couldn't even see from. Let's be honest here, the best venue for the CORRELL BOWL is the SHS stadium. First, Ray Correll wasn't anything but a Jumper. Second, everyone had the opportunity to have a great seat for the games.

Personally, I thought both teams were pitiful on defense and neither should be too proud of their effort.

Also, to see our fans and players overly excited about an injured player does reflect leadership. Would we have been upset if Winston went down or Chris Muse and the fans on the other side went crazy? Something to think about. Should we expect Somerset to come out in 2 years and try to hurt Muse?

For the record, didn't Chris play in Somerset's feeder program as a youth? These kids like each other more than the adults. It was a great victory on the field but the saddest day for PC football. Apologies should be in order, but there's too much pride in the way. Both sides.:cry:

Yes Chris Muse did yes did in fact play for the Somerset feeder program. Hey played for Joe Ford's Jets team at LCYFL and traveled to Florida to play with the Lake Cumberland Vikings at the National Youth Football Campionships in Daytona Beach for 5 years. Won a National Runner-Up and National Championship with those teams. Don't believe me aske him and look at the paper too where he said he play for a quarterback for Joe Ford. Also feel free to drop by Rocky Hollow I will be happy to show you the photos of him on those teams in Florida and also the plack he gave Joe after his 6th grade season as a Jet. The LCYFL is the Somerset feeder program, but is open as it always has been to any child in Pulaski County. Cole Draughn played in the same league also for Joe Ford..... That does not take away from him at all he is great young man and an outstanding athlete he played a awsome game no doubt about it.