Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

12th Region Preseason expectations to end of season achievements

Featured Replies

Has your team matched the preseason expectations that have been set on them?

 

BluegrassPreps.com listed this as the Top 10 in the 12th:

1. Lincoln County

2. Southwestern

3. East Jessamine

4. McCreary Central

5. Boyle County

6. Somerset

7. West Jessamine

8. Pulaski County

9. Mercer County

10. Danville

 

Did these teams do as projected?

Has your team matched the preseason expectations that have been set on them?

 

BluegrassPreps.com listed this as the Top 10 in the 12th:

1. Lincoln County

2. Southwestern

3. East Jessamine

4. McCreary Central

5. Boyle County

6. Somerset

7. West Jessamine

8. Pulaski County

9. Mercer County

10. Danville

 

Did these teams do as projected?

 

As a Somerset fan I think Somerset hasnt achieved as much as the thought they would....YET...I still believe they have just a good of shot of winning the region as any of the others

1. Lived up to expectations. Lincoln has been at the top most all the year and has played good competetion.

2. Best over achieving team- West Jess- Lost a ton of talent last couple of years and were suppose to be down this year and coming years, looks like the kids are playing hard for the new coach and finding ways to win.

3. Biggest underachiever-Could be a couple, go with Somerset although I think they still can win the region with the right draw

4. Best Teams that are around 500- Boyle and East- either can beat anyone on any night but seem to take nights off here or there.

5. About where they should be- McCreary and Southwestern- both have had solid years, some blimishes in the road but very good teams and well coached.

Forgot most dangerous teams Mercer and Pulaski Co- Both have lots of talent, great season for the maroons and mercer has come on of late, wouldnt be surprised to see both make tourney runs.

 

Best Surprises Wayne County and Garrard County. Both teams have played solid through out year and have gotten better and better and will be tought outs in the tourney!

 

12th region looks very balanced and looks like the 12th has been well represented this year with players and coaches. Good luck to all the teams next week.

Somerset is my disappointment, they have been around .500 all year and have had their bright spots, but spots were all they were! Defense has always been a mystery night in and night out and they sometimes have trouble guarding good shooters.

Of course this thread said preseason versus end of season results. I don't think anyone is done yet. Ask back in 2 weeks.

You have to like McCreary winning 9 of their last 10, but the two losses to Wayne Co. don't look good.

 

Not sure what to make of SW. With what they had coming back, I would've expected a better season.

 

WJess is a team that can play with anybody — but can also lose some puzzling games.

 

PC's record is nice, but the schedule is suspect.

 

Somerset has some ugly losses. But Shawn can coach, so you never know.

 

I thought Lincoln Co. was the class of the region before the season, and while some of their losses are not real good, I still think they'll win it.

You have to like McCreary winning 9 of their last 10, but the two losses to Wayne Co. don't look good.

 

Not sure what to make of SW. With what they had coming back, I would've expected a better season.

 

WJess is a team that can play with anybody — but can also lose some puzzling games.

 

PC's record is nice, but the schedule is suspect.

 

Somerset has some ugly losses. But Shawn can coach, so you never know.

 

I thought Lincoln Co. was the class of the region before the season, and while some of their losses are not real good, I still think they'll win it.

 

Shawn hasn't done much of a job this year. I'm wondering about the coaching potential. He seems to be a good organizer and a poor bench coach.

Shawn hasn't done much of a job this year. I'm wondering about the coaching potential. He seems to be a good organizer and a poor bench coach.

 

Compared to recent years, the talent he's had to work with is way down, IMO.

Think Somersets coach is a great coach. Lets remember coaches cant shoot it for them. I still think Somerset is dancing in the regional tourney.

 

I think Lincoln and W Jess both have dealt with injuries this year and starters out that is why they are the favorites, could prove good for them to have been able to go deep into thier benches.

 

Have to agree lots of basketball to be played, fun to guess but still alot goes into winning it, and luck is def one of the ingredients!!!!

Danville hasnt made a blip on the radar this year.

Has your team matched the preseason expectations that have been set on them?

 

BluegrassPreps.com listed this as the Top 10 in the 12th:

1. Lincoln County

2. Southwestern

3. East Jessamine

4. McCreary Central

5. Boyle County

6. Somerset

7. West Jessamine

8. Pulaski County

9. Mercer County

10. Danville

 

Did these teams do as projected?

 

Somerset is the most dissapointing team this far. They were a favorite to some people to win the region. They have been sub .500 most of the year. Some games they look great but other times they look terrible. I don't know about them.

Think Somersets coach is a great coach. Lets remember coaches cant shoot it for them. I still think Somerset is dancing in the regional tourney.

 

I think Lincoln and W Jess both have dealt with injuries this year and starters out that is why they are the favorites, could prove good for them to have been able to go deep into thier benches.

 

Have to agree lots of basketball to be played, fun to guess but still alot goes into winning it, and luck is def one of the ingredients!!!!

If you go by us fans on Bluegrass Preps, about 3/4 of the coaches out there are "great coaches". I wouldn't call Thacker a "great coach". I would call him "pretty decent" coach that about 1/2 the time has 20 win seasons and the other 1/2 his teams are around .500 ball teams. I think there are only about a dozen "great coaches" out there these days.

Agreed...I think this region is WIDE open!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.