How good could we be?

maroon man

I am just saying we are one of the very few counties that have three schools not counting the highly populated Louisville and Lexington area.

Isn't Pulaski County the 5th-7th most populated county anyway, three schools isn't that many for such a large population.

I am just saying we are one of the very few counties that have three schools not counting the highly populated Louisville and Lexington area.

I don't know there are several counties just near Pulaski with 3 schools, Knox, Whitley, Harlan, and Bell are three off the top of my head. I'm sure a lot of the counties in NKY have 3 schools in one county as well. If you combined the 3 schools from a lot of counties I am sure they could come up with some incredible teams.

I don't know there are several counties just near Pulaski with 3 schools, Knox, Whitley, Harlan, and Bell are three off the top of my head. I'm sure a lot of the counties in NKY have 3 schools in one county as well. If you combined the 3 schools from a lot of counties I am sure they could come up with some incredible teams.

Heck, in Campbell County there are 7 high schools: Highlands, NCC, Campbell County, Brossart, Dayton, Bellevue and Newport; Kenton County has CovCath, Dixie, Holmes, Beechwod,Simon Kenton, Ludlow, Scott and St. Henry (doesn't play football....yet); and Boone County has Boone, Ryle, Conner and Walton Verona (doesn't play football) and another high school under construction.

Before PCHS started playing football in the late 80's/early 90's, there was one consolidated team: Somerest High School. Anybody in the county who wanted to play football went to SHS.

As for consolidating the teams, it would create a big surge for a year or two, like being seen at Mercer County and then it would equalize once the number of experienced players move through the system.

Heck, in Campbell County there are 7 high schools: Highlands, NCC, Campbell County, Brossart, Dayton, Bellevue and Newport; Kenton County has CovCath, Dixie, Holmes, Beechwod,Simon Kenton, Ludlow, Scott and St. Henry (doesn't play football....yet); and Boone County has Boone, Ryle, Conner and Walton Verona (doesn't play football) and another high school under construction.

Walton Verona will be playing at the varsity level soon enough!!!