Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How good could we be?

Featured Replies

I wonder just how good of a football program we could have if we consolidated Somerset, Pulaski and Southwestern . Would it be a good thing or bad ? My quess is we would give Trinity and St. X a run for their money every year. :ylsuper: :thumb:

I don't know about that last part but, it'd be a pretty good football team.

I agree with maroon man.

Of course if you combined three teams. Well decent ball club. But lacking individuality. Ego's would start to portray. Not competing with Trinity nor St. X

Would be a 42-21 type score.

You would be good enough to get beat by Trinity or St. X in the play offs just like every other 6a school.

You would be good enough to get beat by Trinity or St. X in the play offs just like every other 6a school.

That about sums it up. ;)

My quess is we would give Trinity and St. X a run for their money every year. :ylsuper: :thumb:

 

Notice the man said give them a run for their money not always beat them. :thumb:

  • Author

I am just saying we are one of the very few counties that have three schools not counting the highly populated Louisville and Lexington area.

I am just saying we are one of the very few counties that have three schools not counting the highly populated Louisville and Lexington area.

Isn't Pulaski County the 5th-7th most populated county anyway, three schools isn't that many for such a large population.

I am just saying we are one of the very few counties that have three schools not counting the highly populated Louisville and Lexington area.

 

 

I don't know there are several counties just near Pulaski with 3 schools, Knox, Whitley, Harlan, and Bell are three off the top of my head. I'm sure a lot of the counties in NKY have 3 schools in one county as well. If you combined the 3 schools from a lot of counties I am sure they could come up with some incredible teams.

I don't know there are several counties just near Pulaski with 3 schools, Knox, Whitley, Harlan, and Bell are three off the top of my head. I'm sure a lot of the counties in NKY have 3 schools in one county as well. If you combined the 3 schools from a lot of counties I am sure they could come up with some incredible teams.

 

 

Heck, in Campbell County there are 7 high schools: Highlands, NCC, Campbell County, Brossart, Dayton, Bellevue and Newport; Kenton County has CovCath, Dixie, Holmes, Beechwod,Simon Kenton, Ludlow, Scott and St. Henry (doesn't play football....yet); and Boone County has Boone, Ryle, Conner and Walton Verona (doesn't play football) and another high school under construction.

I don't believe beating St X or Trinity is simply about numbers.

 

There are plenty of schools with numbers to compete, It's not just how many players one has...

 

I believe it's about the totality of the program.

Before PCHS started playing football in the late 80's/early 90's, there was one consolidated team: Somerest High School. Anybody in the county who wanted to play football went to SHS.

 

As for consolidating the teams, it would create a big surge for a year or two, like being seen at Mercer County and then it would equalize once the number of experienced players move through the system.

Heck, in Campbell County there are 7 high schools: Highlands, NCC, Campbell County, Brossart, Dayton, Bellevue and Newport; Kenton County has CovCath, Dixie, Holmes, Beechwod,Simon Kenton, Ludlow, Scott and St. Henry (doesn't play football....yet); and Boone County has Boone, Ryle, Conner and Walton Verona (doesn't play football) and another high school under construction.

Walton Verona will be playing at the varsity level soon enough!!!

Walton Verona will be playing at the varsity level soon enough!!!

Can't wait! :ylsuper:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.