How good could we be?

maroon man

Before PCHS started playing football in the late 80's/early 90's, there was one consolidated team: Somerest High School. Anybody in the county who wanted to play football went to SHS.

As for consolidating the teams, it would create a big surge for a year or two, like being seen at Mercer County and then it would equalize once the number of experienced players move through the system.

I agree 100 %.

Heck, in Campbell County there are 7 high schools: Highlands, NCC, Campbell County, Brossart, Dayton, Bellevue and Newport; Kenton County has CovCath, Dixie, Holmes, Beechwod,Simon Kenton, Ludlow, Scott and St. Henry (doesn't play football....yet); and Boone County has Boone, Ryle, Conner and Walton Verona (doesn't play football) and another high school under construction.

Exactly what I was thinking. NKY has a lot of schools in their three counties.. Last I looked Maroon, the AP poll doesn't have any of the three schools mentioned above in their top ten. To say they would win a game against the big boys is a bit of a stretch. IMO!

I wonder just how good of a football program we could have if we consolidated Somerset, Pulaski and Southwestern . Would it be a good thing or bad ? My quess is we would give Trinity and St. X a run for their money every year. :ylsuper: :thumb:

Still wouldn't be a match for "T" or "X" because you'd still be a public, and you know what your super would say about that???? :D

Heck, in Campbell County there are 7 high schools: Highlands, NCC, Campbell County, Brossart, Dayton, Bellevue and Newport; Kenton County has CovCath, Dixie, Holmes, Beechwod,Simon Kenton, Ludlow, Scott and St. Henry (doesn't play football....yet); and Boone County has Boone, Ryle, Conner and Walton Verona (doesn't play football) and another high school under construction.

I was about the post the same thing.. I'm sure a lot of counties in KY are this way..