Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Artificial Intelligence Creates All Districts

Featured Replies

There was no difference in the proposed districts of 2A and 4A with the AI-created districts. Here is a quick snapshot of KHSAA proposed districts with the AI-created ones.

If it is highlighted blue, that means it has been changed.  When it uploaded it came in all blurry. The best way to read that small font is to right-click on the pictures and download them. Then you can zoom in.

IMG_7940.PNG

IMG_7941.PNG

There's really no reason for the KHSAA not to use this in districting.

I don't want to overburden you @common_sense_eagle, but can you do the same thing for basketball?!

  • Author
1 hour ago, gchs_uk9 said:

There's really no reason for the KHSAA not to use this in districting.

I don't want to overburden you @common_sense_eagle, but can you do the same thing for basketball?!

Not right now ?

The Boone, Conner, Cooper, Scott, Dixie district is highlighted in blue but I don’t think there is a change. Am I missing something?

Is Grant co. 4a or 5a or did I miss them?

I am glad to see Commissioner Tackett is taking a look at this.  Most of you reading this probably never have or never will meet the Commish, but I have always been impressed with him and I am not surprised one bit he is looking at this.

With all that in mind Commissioner Tackett, please consider dumping the RPI and replacing it with: https://calpreps.com/  Then every team can play a schedule that is right for them and the "science" used to determine the playoff seeding will follow the legal principle, best evidence rule.  And you know what Commish, we ALL know calpreps is superior, far superior.  And again, the RPI undermines the integrity of both the Kentucky High School Athletic Association and Kentucky High School Football. 

  • Author
1 hour ago, barrel said:

The Boone, Conner, Cooper, Scott, Dixie district is highlighted in blue but I don’t think there is a change. Am I missing something?

They jumped from district 5 to district 6. So no, not really.

  • Author
55 minutes ago, Deaconjim said:

Is Grant co. 4a or 5a or did I miss them?

4A. Not listed because AI and KHSAA groupings are the same. 

  • Author

It’s a tough day for common_sense_eagle. I am not sure what KHSAA reasoning was for not pushing through these districts, if anyone has any insight please let me know. 
 

I will continue to do this every realignment year and I guess I’ll be driving 4+ hours for a district game again these next 2 years. 
 

I can only speculate why this was ignored, probably has to do with the same reason 6A rotates sister districts and nobody else does.

1 hour ago, common_sense_eagle said:

It’s a tough day for common_sense_eagle. I am not sure what KHSAA reasoning was for not pushing through these districts, if anyone has any insight please let me know. 
 

I will continue to do this every realignment year and I guess I’ll be driving 4+ hours for a district game again these next 2 years. 
 

I can only speculate why this was ignored, probably has to do with the same reason 6A rotates sister districts and nobody else does.

I appreciate your efforts. It made a lot of sense. With the advent of RPI… my best guess… it is only a matter of time before AI is used to do football district alignments and even more. 
 

Thank you and your day is coming…. Hopefully sooner than later! 

9 minutes ago, ChiefSmoke said:

I appreciate your efforts. It made a lot of sense. With the advent of RPI… my best guess… it is only a matter of time before AI is used to do football district alignments and even more. 
 

Thank you and your day is coming…. Hopefully sooner than later! 

That is my thinking too CS.  The AI models came onto the scene late this time around but for next time AI has to be a part of how the KHSAA puts this all together.

And I second that, thank you @common_sense_eagle for putting so much time and effort into helping children and making Kentucky High School Football the best it can be. 

On 4/16/2024 at 8:26 PM, common_sense_eagle said:

They jumped from district 5 to district 6. So no, not really.

Same thing with the 1A districts 3 and 4. Highlighted but nothing actually changed just the district number.

12 hours ago, common_sense_eagle said:

It’s a tough day for common_sense_eagle. I am not sure what KHSAA reasoning was for not pushing through these districts, if anyone has any insight please let me know. 

I will continue to do this every realignment year and I guess I’ll be driving 4+ hours for a district game again these next 2 years. 

I can only speculate why this was ignored, probably has to do with the same reason 6A rotates sister districts and nobody else does.

Since the KHSAA districts came out before the AI-generated alignment, I'll give the KHSAA a pass since most schools have probably already started making schedules for the next cycle (even if a moratorium was in place). Your AI districts were on the agenda, which is a positive step. I'm hopeful they give it a much more thorough examination the next time districts are realigned.

  • Author
6 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Since the KHSAA districts came out before the AI-generated alignment, I'll give the KHSAA a pass since most schools have probably already started making schedules for the next cycle (even if a moratorium was in place). Your AI districts were on the agenda, which is a positive step. I'm hopeful they give it a much more thorough examination the next time districts are realigned.

This makes sense. I’ll do it every alignment year for them for free. Just want free tickets for me and my dad to state games. ? 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.